I don't like SB samus.

Discuss the Super Smash Bros. games, and coordinate matches with online Brawlers here!
Smoking Spoon

Omega Metroid

Re: I don't like SB samus.

Postby Smoking Spoon » 11.28.10 11:59pm

It's their version of her, I think it's great. Being light/floaty is actually interesting as a fighting gameplay, because in most of metroid game, she actually seem to fall slowly. Even in M;om she fall slower than the zero suit.
"He died as he lived, with jelly all over his face." ~ Tom Servo

ph00tbag

Omega Metroid

Postby ph00tbag » 11.29.10 1:34am

Yeah I think when crouching she should go morphball and be able to roll around at faster speed.
Really there's so much potential.
There are so many changes I'd make to Samus in the smash games to make her play more like in the Metroid games. I could make a list.

-UpB is Shinespark. It can work much like Firefox, but it's a more powerful move.
-Six jumps.
-Crawl animation is Morph Ball.
-While tapping the b button on DownB is still a bomb, holding it down long enough releases a Power Bomb. This is a powerful attack that does a lot of damage, but it leave Samus exposed for a while.
-Nair is functionally the same, but the animation is the screw attack animation.

The only issue here is that taking the screw attack off of UpB removes Samus's amazing DP.

mehe

Gamma Metroid

Postby mehe » 11.29.10 1:47am

NOOOOO to the six jump thing. Waaaay too cheap compared to every other character.
"As your commander I forbid wearing anything but the Zero Suit in this next Sector. You must also wear a blindfold and crawl on all fours until I authorize bipedal movement."

ph00tbag

Omega Metroid

Postby ph00tbag » 11.29.10 2:20am

NOOOOO to the six jump thing. Waaaay too cheap compared to every other character.
Not when you consider that Samus is more likely to die off the top than off the sides or bottom even with only two jumps.

I'd also make it so dropping a bomb doesn't give her a boost, only being near an exploding bomb.

Doc Scratch

Omega Metroid

Postby Doc Scratch » 11.29.10 8:59pm

Not when you consider that Samus is more likely to die off the top than off the sides or bottom even with only two jumps.

I'd also make it so dropping a bomb doesn't give her a boost, only being near an exploding bomb.

That would get rid of the bomb jump recovery, but that could be replaced by the six jumps. It would also really make the bombs better in actual combat.

Also, maybe her running A could be changed to the speedbooster.
Suckers.

mehe

Gamma Metroid

Postby mehe » 11.30.10 10:18pm

That would get rid of the bomb jump recovery, but that could be replaced by the six jumps. It would also really make the bombs better in actual combat.

Isn't it already? Well like she shoulder impacts with the jets on her back.
"As your commander I forbid wearing anything but the Zero Suit in this next Sector. You must also wear a blindfold and crawl on all fours until I authorize bipedal movement."

Thunderchin

Kraid

Postby Thunderchin » 07.11.11 1:52am

You're complaining about Bombs and jumping?

Well, as much as I'd like to see Bomb jumping and realistic falling added to Samus, there's simply no need for Zero Suit Samus. Why even go to the trouble of inventing a new attack (cough Zero Laser cough) when you could simply have Samus deploy a Power Bomb?

Final Smash: Power Bomb
Samus will morph into her ball, and charge up a Bomb Other M style. When Samus completes charging (she can be damaged during this), she will drop the charged Bomb, whose explosion will immediately cover the entire stage (and an area beyond it) in an expanding orb of yellow light. Everyone will receive 500%, but the Power Bomb has no knockback, requiring Samus to manually give her opponents the boot.
Chozo Ice Beam acquired, extinguish a Girl on Fire!

Weremetroid

Mochtroid

Postby Weremetroid » 11.21.11 10:18pm

Samus's bombs actually have many useful applications in smash 64. The three big ones are recovery, approaching and combos.

Recovering with Samus bombs are a quintessential skill in all three. I'd compare it to wall jumping in other Metroid games in that it's a pretty simple trick that can be used at any point, and though not required most of the time is expected from more advanced players. It's done by pressing down + B, immediately followed by tilting left or right. It generates an absurd amount of horizontal distance.

Approaching with the bomb is more of a fail safe that you should keep in mind. A forward aerial is probably her best approach, but isn't that great. If you think they are going to punish your approach switch to bomb and tilt away. As previously mentioned by another poster, the bomb is an amazing defense, as it it is near impossible to dodge if used properly.

Bomb into combo is something that is extremely underrated. Getting hit by a bomb creates an unusually long animation. It is shaped in an arc, so they can't get to the ground to tech out. This lets you combo into almost any move. The easiest and most effective combo I use is bomb into forward smash.

That said, though bombs make up most of my attacks, they could be a little cooler. I'd. Love to be able to turbo bomb jump, or at least triple bomb jump. Samus's main level would be more interesting with bomb blocks. I concur with the previous comment about the power bomb being her final smash as well.

Just had to mention how good bombs are. There are a lot of other really neat tricks with bombs, but what I listed should suffice for those who weren't aware of them. I also hope they add Ridly soon, but there's probably already a thread for that discussion.

I typed this on my phone so please forgive any of my typos.

metroidlover64

Metroid

Postby metroidlover64 » 01.16.12 3:37pm

I like samus but I can't get the hang of playing her in SB. I also think her down B is completly useless, it should be the boost ball or a power bomb in my opinion.
The boost ball and power bomb happened like 3 or 4 years after smash bros.her attacks are fine.maybe it's your controler,or you suck. :samus:

Isn't it already? Well like she shoulder impacts with the jets on her back.
It's called shinesparking.

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 01.18.12 10:47pm

Hey, MetroidLover64, please stop double posting. Use the EDIT button if you plan on posting in the same topic within minutes of each other. I fixed these posts, but next time I won't be so nice. Capish?
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

Doc Scratch

Omega Metroid

Postby Doc Scratch » 01.24.13 7:51pm

The boost ball and power bomb happened like 3 or 4 years after smash bros.her attacks are fine.maybe it's your controler,or you suck. :samus:
Power Bombs were in Super Metroid.
Suckers.

pokefan548

Anonymous

Postby pokefan548 » 04.10.13 9:17pm

Go to brawl. Make a map with just 4 falling blocks. Set the special rules to low grav and tiny/small/whatever. Make all others lv 9 pits. Infinately bomb jump. You will win :P.

Return to “%s” Super Smash Bros.