Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / for Nintendo 3DS discussion

Discuss the Super Smash Bros. games, and coordinate matches with online Brawlers here!

Moderator: Moderators

YamI

Metroid Queen

Re: Super Smash Bros. 4 - Rumors, Speculation and Hype

Postby YamI » 08.22.11 6:15pm

Darth Naner wrote:Damn it Ino, you're starting to annoy me. I hope the next game maintains support for the controller, since we don't know if the Wii U will support it yet.

Me? Annoy? Nawwww, Psshh, you got the wrong Ino. :P

But really, I believe it will "Maintain" support, why wouldn't it? The Wii U is suppouse to be for "hardcore" gamers, or so I've heard...SSB4 is going to be the biggest thing since Cheetos. to me, at least..

kronoridley

Kraid

Postby kronoridley » 08.22.11 6:19pm

Could've sworn I read somewhere that it won't be supported, but I could be wrong, so don't take my word on this.

Schrau wrote:Bear in mind that most Metroid games (especially the Primes) are survival horror.

At least from the perspective of the Space Pirates.

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 08.22.11 6:23pm

I'm pretty darn sure current GameCube controllers won't be supported, since the system won't feature the necessary plugs. However, it is strongly rumored that there will be some sort of GameCube Virtual Console on it, which would be pretty weird with just the Classic Controller and new controller.
Tianna wrote:Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

ChaosWolf

Alpha Metroid

Postby ChaosWolf » 08.24.11 9:24pm

Darth Naner wrote:What I think would be very, very awesome is this: The next Smash Bros., according to all logic, will have an update system that allows you to download new stages and characters, maybe even items and other stuff. So, by using that, Nintendo can give players peeks of upcoming games. Like, say, releasing a completely new character or scenario in Smash Bros. before even announcing the game. With that, players can speculate tons about stuff. Maybe even give the character/stage a ? logo, instead of the series' regular logo, so you can only guess where it's from, and then updating it after we have concrete information about it.

Basically, I want an even more mysterious and interesting way of announcing games. And it's happened in Smash Bros. before. Remember how Melee led to a North-American release of Fire Emblem? Or how Brawl resurrected Pit before the announcement of Kid Icarus: Uprising? It's basically the same line of thought.

This would be beyond awesome. Frankly, I'm surprised Brawl, being on an online-capable console, didn't come with the potential for DLC stuff already in the mix like so many other fighting games nowadays. Maybe if they'd skipped the create-your-own-stage stuff that practically nobody really uses, they might've been able to add that.

Edit: WOO, POST 100! :s-logo: [METROID] :s-logo: [METROID] :cool:
Emperor Ing wrote:Yeah the Space Pirates and their intricate system of tube-mazes and easily-breakable Metroid containers strike fear in the hearts of the galaxy.

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 08.25.11 6:26am

The problem is the Wii's internal storage. Brawl itself takes up 6.7 GB of the disc's space, and the Wii can't hold anything more than 0.5 GB. So DLC and stuff would make the rest of the console unusable.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Angel of fire

Gamma Metroid

Postby Angel of fire » 08.25.11 2:50pm

Nintendo seems to be embracing DLC, so we can hope that it will be implemented in the next SSB.
MZM Hard mode 15% status: Complete

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 08.25.11 2:53pm

Well, Super Smash Bros. is a perfect game for them to show off what they've learned about DLC. The game pretty much begs for it. New characters via Spot Pass? Yes please.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

YamI

Metroid Queen

Postby YamI » 08.25.11 2:56pm

I REALLY think Tetra would be a good add on the Zelda side, don't you think so? She has a dagger..and stuff, so it could work out, right? Just wait to see is all I say...

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 08.25.11 3:04pm

I guess she could shape-shift between Toon Zelda and Tetra, like Zelda does with Sheik. I think Tetra was a possible character for Brawl (if I'm not mistaken, pieces of her character can be found within the disc). If that was the case, she'll likely be playable in the next game. Most characters that didn't make the cut in the first game ended up showing up on latter ones.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

YamI

Metroid Queen

Postby YamI » 08.25.11 3:19pm

Darth Naner wrote:I guess she could shape-shift between Toon Zelda and Tetra, like Zelda does with Sheik. I think Tetra was a possible character for Brawl (if I'm not mistaken, pieces of her character can be found within the disc). If that was the case, she'll likely be playable in the next game. Most characters that didn't make the cut in the first game ended up showing up on latter ones.

Thats what I was thinkin, SPOILERS, just incase you've not played WindWaker. ;) Cover up your spoilers, Naner. :P Anyways, I'll take a look through the disc, I might make a Tetra Skin for Toon link. :P Never know, but anyways, Tetra. SSB4. :)

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 08.25.11 3:31pm

You realize The Wind Waker was released almost ten years ago, right?

And I don't think there was any graphical information for Tetra, but there were hidden character slots for Toon Zelda.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

YamI

Metroid Queen

Postby YamI » 08.25.11 4:55pm

Darth Naner wrote:You realize The Wind Waker was released almost ten years ago, right?

And I don't think there was any graphical information for Tetra, but there were hidden character slots for Toon Zelda.

Yeah, I know WW is almost 10 years old, I have it. But that doesn't mean people havn't played it before. I only just beat it for the first time in June. Yes, this June.

And I'll check for Character slots. Heheh, Never know, might find something.

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 09.21.11 6:27am

Rumor: Will the next Smash Bros. be called Super Smash Bros. Universe with Wii U's U?

I just really don't like that specific U with the Smash logo. Other than that, it's OK.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Death Recon

Omega Metroid

Butt

Re: Super Smash Bros. Universe - Rumors, Speculation and Hyp

Postby Death Recon » 09.21.11 7:07am

Where'd you find that?!
Hello.

Naner

Dark Samus