Mewtwo

Discuss the Super Smash Bros. games, and coordinate matches with online Brawlers here!

Moderator: Moderators

James Pierce

MDB Staff - Editor

Re: Mewtwo

Postby James Pierce » 08.19.11 6:42pm

My point though is that no franchise has more character slots than Mario. I have no proof, but I would be willing to bet that there is a mandate preventing any franchise from overshadowing Mario, so characters like Pokemon Trainer are designed to be the best of both worlds for fans and the company.

darksamus77

Zeta Metroid

Postby darksamus77 » 08.20.11 3:29pm

Mewtwo was neat, but I also like Lucario. I think they really could have kept Mewtwo in favor of, say, Lucas. Why Earthbound has two different playable characters in-game and Metroid doesn't (sorry, ZSS doesn't count). Mewtwo was a neat character, and I also really liked Dr. Mario (MEGAVITAMINS :awesome:) . The rest of the Melee cast that didn't make it to Brawl, I could care less that they're gone. Nintendo needs to get over the fact that not everyone's obsessed with Mario and Pokemon and put in more characters from other series. They started that in Brawl by adding Dedede and MK to expand the Kirby series, and hopefully Metroid gets that same treatment in the next installment. I think they'll more than likely go the route of the clone by adding Dark Samus. Anyone else would be a bonus. I'd love to see Rundas in the next game, I think he'd be a neat character to Brawl with.
I'm the famous BRSTM maker on Smashboards.
Check out my trivia thread in Metroid Prime! Send me suggestions for new questions ANYTIME
fox mulder wrote:
darksamus77 wrote:Even though the only person who remembuhs him is Samus

Win. :awesome:

RoyboyX

Zeta Metroid

Postby RoyboyX » 08.20.11 4:19pm

It needs to be Samus/ZSS, Ridley and Dark Samus next game.
I don't run from challenges... they run from me.

darksamus77

Zeta Metroid

Postby darksamus77 » 08.20.11 4:47pm

RoyboyX wrote:It needs to be Samus/ZSS, Ridley and Dark Samus next game.

With the implementation of Ridley as a boss in Brawl, I don't see how he could become a playable character in the next game. That makes no sense.
Check out my trivia thread in Metroid Prime! Send me suggestions for new questions ANYTIME
fox mulder wrote:

RoyboyX

Zeta Metroid

Postby RoyboyX » 08.20.11 5:10pm

Giga Bowser/Giant DK/Metal Mario weren't originally playable and were simply bosses, but they do get playable in later games (even if it is just a few seconds).

darksamus77

Zeta Metroid

Postby darksamus77 » 08.20.11 9:32pm

RoyboyX wrote:Giga Bowser/Giant DK/Metal Mario weren't originally playable and were simply bosses, but they do get playable in later games (even if it is just a few seconds).

Yeah, but in any mode, I meant. Metal Mario is only playable if you get a metal box, and Giga Bowser and Giant DK are in events. I see your point, though. Even if you can only play as Ridley in one event, that would be my favorite event :awesome:
fox mulder wrote:

YamI

Metroid Queen

Postby YamI » 08.21.11 1:50am

darksamus77 wrote:
RoyboyX wrote:Giga Bowser/Giant DK/Metal Mario weren't originally playable and were simply bosses, but they do get playable in later games (even if it is just a few seconds).

Yeah, but in any mode, I meant. Metal Mario is only playable if you get a metal box, and Giga Bowser and Giant DK are in events. I see your point, though. Even if you can only play as Ridley in one event, that would be my favorite event :awesome:

That's not true. Giga Bowser is a playable character, but only for a few seconds, maybe just under a minute, cause Giga Bowser is the final Smash of Bowser. Hyper Beam for Samus, .etc, .etc.

Lolol, Also, after becoming ZSS, I love to throw the cannon at people. xD
you should be able to shoot with it. and your look should come with a different beam, amirite?

say, Phazon:Plasma, Fusion:Wide, Varia:Power, Gravity:Ice, Debug(Green):Nova Pink:Wave
Or something like that...

RoyboyX

Zeta Metroid

Postby RoyboyX » 08.21.11 7:55am

That'd be like turning you into Daisy when you wear that costume of Peach's.

Anyway, I thought we were talking about Mewtwo.

darksamus77

Zeta Metroid

Postby darksamus77 » 08.21.11 2:33pm

InoFan1385 wrote:
darksamus77 wrote:

That's not true. Giga Bowser is a playable character, but only for a few seconds, maybe just under a minute, cause Giga Bowser is the final Smash of Bowser. Hyper Beam for Samus, .etc, .etc.

you should be able to shoot with it. and your look should come with a different beam, amirite?

say, Phazon:Plasma, Fusion:Wide, Varia:Power, Gravity:Ice, Debug(Green):Nova Pink:Wave

I'm sure something like that exists via PSA or texture hacking, if you're familiar with either of those terms. You'd be amazed at how much you can customize Brawl....
fox mulder wrote:

YamI

Metroid Queen

Postby YamI » 08.21.11 2:36pm

darksamus77 wrote:
InoFan1385 wrote:
darksamus77 wrote:

I'm sure something like that exists via PSA or texture hacking, if you're familiar with either of those terms. You'd be amazed at how much you can customize Brawl....

Oh, yeah, I know. I've seen texture hacks before, Knuckles and Shadow, and so-on.

darksamus77

Zeta Metroid

Postby darksamus77 » 08.21.11 2:38pm

InoFan1385 wrote:
darksamus77 wrote:
InoFan1385 wrote:
darksamus77 wrote:

Oh, yeah, I know. I've seen texture hacks before, Knuckles and Shadow, and so-on.

I can't play Brawl without textures and custom music...it just isn't the same for me.
fox mulder wrote:

YamI

Metroid Queen

Postby YamI » 08.21.11 2:46pm

darksamus77 wrote:
InoFan1385 wrote:
darksamus77 wrote:
InoFan1385 wrote:
darksamus77 wrote:

I can't play Brawl without textures and custom music...it just isn't the same for me.

Texture hacks aren't that intriguing to me. I've seen these people. Played all of the games that they're in. heheh, I'd make a texture hack of a Goron for Ganondorf, love to see that.

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 08.21.11 6:13pm

There you go again with your off-topic quoteceptions.

My conclusion about Mewtwo: It'd be nice to have him back, but I won't be annoyed if he doesn't.
Tianna wrote:Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

RoyboyX

Zeta Metroid

Postby RoyboyX » 08.21.11 6:23pm

I know, I mean, all I wanted to do was make a thread for people to bemoan Mewtwo's absence. I bet it's the fault of tier lists placing him at the way bottom.

Edit: I learned from Hauntershadow (who made a battle remix of his theme in Pokemon: The First Movie, which is epic and much more fitting than the crap they put in the Pokemon games) that Mewtwo had sort of slipped off the Pokemon tiers but recently regained his uber tier status. That gives us hope he will return.

Previous

Return to Super Smash Bros.