Dark Samus in brawl? or in Smash Bros 4?

Discuss the Super Smash Bros. games, and coordinate matches with online Brawlers here!
metroidlover64

Metroid

Dark Samus in brawl? or in Smash Bros 4?

Postby metroidlover64 » 01.07.12 11:58pm

:dark: why do you think Dark Samus was not included in Super Smash Bros Brawl. Would you like Dark Samus to be in Super Smash Bros 4? (if there is)

Mr.Vanni

Egg

Re: Dark Samus in brawl? or in Smash Bros 4?

Postby Mr.Vanni » 01.10.12 2:21pm

Yes. Maybe she wasn't included because of development time and detraction from Prime 3. Who knows really

Schrau

Gamma Metroid

Postby Schrau » 03.26.12 9:13am

Maybe because she would have had to have been a clone/divergent clone of regular Samus. I can see that there could have been a slot in the roster for Dark Samus, but probably only as a "lighter" and floatier version of Samus. Lucas and Wolf were added as divergent clones, did we really need a third?

Would I like to see Dark Samus in Smash 4? Maybe. There's a bunch of other characters that are higher up on my "do want" list; Midna, some Golden Sun characters (Probably Isaac and Felix being divergent clones, Saturos and Menardi might make a pretty fuckawesometacular Ice Climber's style duo team), maybe a bit of love for Samurai Goroh and even Uprising's Magnus. Hell, I'd put money on Magnus being there.

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 03.26.12 5:32pm

I'd like to be a metroid in the next smash bros. Going around sucking people dry of their bodily fluids. That's be awesome. oh and you can twist that anyway you'd like. ;)

Vgm out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

Doc Scratch

Omega Metroid

Postby Doc Scratch » 06.03.12 2:42pm

Maybe because she would have had to have been a clone/divergent clone of regular Samus. I can see that there could have been a slot in the roster for Dark Samus, but probably only as a "lighter" and floatier version of Samus. Lucas and Wolf were added as divergent clones, did we really need a third?
Making Dark Samus a divergent clone of Samus would be difficult if you stayed true to her character. For starters, Dark Samus has no real Charge Beam, Screw Attack, Morph Ball Bombs, or Grapple Beam. Also, while her first two Prime 2 fights have a lot of attacks lifted from Samus (Boost Ball, Shine Spark), they're not attacks present in Brawl. And her Prime 3 version fights absolutely nothing like Samus, unless Samus can create pillars of Phazon, split into three clones, and spin around with the three clones like a Merry-Go-Round.

But then again, Sakurai is the sort of idiot who would give Ganondorf no projectiles even though that's all he ever used in his Ocarina of Time version, and instead gives him Captain Falcon's moveset.
Suckers.

Return to “%s” Super Smash Bros.