Ridley or other creatures playable?

Discuss the Super Smash Bros. games, and coordinate matches with online Brawlers here!
jacobe12

Gamma Metroid

Re: Ridley or other creatures playable?

Postby jacobe12 » 04.10.13 9:39pm

I want the next Smash to have more actual alternate costumes and not just color changes. Therefore, I think Dark Samus should be an alternate costume for Samus.

Back before Brawl came out I really wanted Ridley to be playable. But I think he worked really well as a boss, I'd actually prefer it if he remained in that role. I have a feeling we'll see a lot of Other M in the next Smash and I actually expect Anthony or possibly Adam to be playable. If not, they'll definitely be trophies.

Kraid should also be a boss. And also, I really don't think the Prime Hunters characters are notable enough to be playable characters. Sorry. :-?
"If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed, I must simply laugh!!"

TheBlackCat

Omega Metroid

Postby TheBlackCat » 04.11.13 4:10pm

I still think having zebesians and kihunters would be great. Zebesians would be martial arts+long range fighters, while kihunters would be close-range fighters with gliding ability. I think they could both be fun to play as.

In practice though I think the chance of them actually getting included is exceedingly close to zero since they aren't really characters per se.
Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965

TheBlackCat

Omega Metroid

Postby TheBlackCat » 04.17.13 2:10pm

I was thinking that Kraid and Ridley might work if they did "Classic" Kraid and Ridley. These would be versions of Kraid and Ridely from the NES game (so not much bigger than Samus). Perhaps even based on the U.S. artwork, which is very different from the modern versions. Ridley would be a glider, while kraid would be a heavy with poor jumping ability. They could then turn into their modern versions for their final smash. Ridley would turn into boss Ridley (or randomly mecha-ridley) and fly around attacking enemies, while Kraid would jump off the level, then a giant modern version would rise up and attack from the left or right Super-style.
Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965

Return to “%s” Super Smash Bros.