Supporting more Metroid for Smash Bros. 4

Discuss the Super Smash Bros. games, and coordinate matches with online Brawlers here!
Dark Prime Samus

Metroid

Supporting more Metroid for Smash Bros. 4

Postby Dark Prime Samus » 06.24.13 4:18pm

Shouldn't we as the Metroid community and fans of the great series be doing something to help support the inclusion of :dark: Dark Samus and :ridley: Ridley to be playable fighters in Super Smash Brothers. We need to show the naysayers and everyone that Dark Samus wouldn't be a Samus clone moveset. That Ridley's not too big to be re-sized a bit is possible if they just work it out right. What can we do to help? Petition, support videos, riot in the streets? (o.k. maybe not that last one.) I'm gonna be depressed if the next Smash Bros. entry goes by again without these obvious great characters they can add to the Metroid roster. Samus has been by herself to represent the Metroid franchise that's been around for over 25 years in Smash Bros. I know she's meant to be alone and she still is, these are villains were talking about here that has made her adventures memorable, they deserve to be playable fighters along side Samus in Smash Bros. So we can have Samus vs. Dark Samus vs. Ridley over and over again in countless battles. Viva la' Metroid! [METROID] :samus:

shakalakaDryDry

Metroid

Re: Supporting more Metroid for Smash Bros. 4

Postby shakalakaDryDry » 06.24.13 4:47pm

With Ridley, I see that they could make him like a Bowser character. But his size would still be smaller than he should be. Not only that, but Ridley has the characteristics of both brawn and agility. It's like making Ganondorf as fast as Metaknight. So to make Ridley, make him a little larger than Bowser, around the same strength as Snake, and around the same speed as Luigi.

With Dark Samus, her statistics would be around the same as Samus, but i think D. Samus would be faster and easier to launch. Because she's not like a full being, she's incomplete, she wouldn't have the same body weight as Samus because Samus has the weght of the power suit on her, D. Samus's suit IS her body. And also make her do less damage, but be able to chain combos easily like Kirby or C. Falcon.

That's my opinion, so what do you think Dark Prime Samus ?

Dark Prime Samus

Metroid

Postby Dark Prime Samus » 06.24.13 7:29pm

I mentioned support videos before and these are mine, for Dark Samus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GcAKkZd_Yk and for Ridley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L99Qv3NS2s. You and I do share the same thought on Dark Samus' statistics, in the video I say how Dark Samus would be lighter/faster than Samus but has weaker defense & normal attack power.

Dark Prime Samus

Metroid

Postby Dark Prime Samus » 07.02.13 4:58pm

Has anyone seen this video before? Destiny Battle 79 - Dark Samus vs Ridley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s99HI9kgYBg. It's a Brawl mod but it shows that Dark Samus and Ridley would work great in the new Smash bros. They have some clone moves on the video but it is a hack after all, they would just need to work the move sets but it still shows visually that Ridley doesn't have to be too big without looking silly and Dark Samus does play differently than Samus.

Dark Prime Samus

Metroid

Postby Dark Prime Samus » 07.03.13 10:22pm

:) It's nice to come here to get good morale support from my fellow Metroid fans in the continuing battle to get Dark Samus & Ridley as playable fighters in the new Smash Bros. along with any more Metroid themes into Smash bros. And their is good news that I've seen support elsewhere such as Youtube and the Miiverse Smash Bros. community. ;)

Dark Prime Samus

Metroid

Postby Dark Prime Samus » 07.13.13 1:25pm

Things are getting pretty heated lately on Miiverse, seems like support for Ridley is going down and with Dark Samus were it used to high now seems a little lower. :(

Dark Prime Samus

Metroid

Postby Dark Prime Samus » 07.22.13 4:29am

I've put up up two more videos on youtube about Metroid stage ideas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPFvJpC7FtI and Metroid item ideas http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDJladPjsrY. The item video some may have seen before, I've made it into its own video but added in a new item idea I had. Same thing with the stages but also added two new stage ideas.

Dark Prime Samus

Metroid

Postby Dark Prime Samus » 08.21.13 2:00am

So what do you all think the possibility of Ridley's fate in Smash Bros 4. is now because of the Pryosphere stage reveal and what Sakurai said? Will he be a stage hazard? Still remain a boss? Has the chances of him being playable diminished? :ridley:

Dark Prime Samus

Metroid

Bocuma

Alpha Metroid

Postby Bocuma » 02.06.14 12:33am

It won't happen but I want to be a Space Pirate.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 02.06.14 10:39pm

Okay, I was a naysayer before, but I just want to say that fully support both Ridley and Dark Samus now.

:ridley: :dark:
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 02.07.14 4:40am

Mother Brain was just revealed as an awesome looking Assist Trophy, so your hopes for more Metroid stuff should be soaring lol.
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

RoyboyX

Omega Metroid

Postby RoyboyX » 02.07.14 7:11pm

I kind of hoped she'd be a boss. Still, it's wonderful that for the first time in 20 years I can be hit by the Laser Brain Attack once again! (please keep its old SFX) And I reiterate that we need :ridley: and :dark: playable. Plus, they better not remove :zss: (probably won't, but I refuse to think of the inevitability of characters)

On another note, the Control Capsule and Laser Brain Attack were referred to as such by Sakurai in his Miiverse post. Unless Nintendo has an archive of names, since both came from obscure sources (the Nintendo Power guide and comic), is it possible Sakurai got them from Wikitroid?

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 02.08.14 12:31pm

Good question. I'm sure they have records and he's always been pretty thorough.

She could still be a boss in the still unannounced single player mode.
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

RoyboyX

Omega Metroid

Postby RoyboyX » 02.08.14 2:16pm

Sakurai said he wasn't doing that since he thought the story was spoiled by cutscenes being uploaded to YouTube.

Return to “%s” Super Smash Bros.