The inevitable "hate/love" thread about ZSS's appearance

Discuss the Super Smash Bros. games, and coordinate matches with online Brawlers here!
fictionale

Alpha Metroid

The inevitable "hate/love" thread about ZSS's appearance

Postby fictionale » 09.02.13 7:38am

This thread is about ZSS's looks, not her move set or gameplay mechanics.

During the first trailer for the new Smash Bros. games, Sakurai cut off the sequence just before Samus's Zero Shot finished, therefore not revealing if she turns into Zero Suit Samus or not.

Zero Suit Samus in Brawl really was a hate/love character. Some loved her for her sex appeal, others hated her for the same reason. For me, it's pretty important that females look beautiful and sexy in games. It's not like I buy games because of that factor alone, but it's a plus in my book. And several pluses leads to a purchase.

So how do you think she will look like in these new games? I take for granted she is included. :-P

Considering they used her Other M look for her Power Suit, it's not hard to believe that they'll use her Other M look for Zero Suit Samus as well. That would mean...

HIGH HEELS!! :thumbsup:

But it would also mean a more curvy figure than what she had in Brawl, with not bigger boobs maybe, but definitely a bigger butt and a fuller waist. And no boob slots or thong seam design on the back of her Zero Suit.

Or will she have a different look, just made for this game? How do you want her to look like?

- the bodybuilder look from Super Metroid, with clearly defined muscles
- the fashion model look from Fusion, wich focused on beauty rather than brawn
- the Barbie doll look from Zero Mission, most famous for her uncharacteristically fat butt

Or perhaps a combination? If you could put together THE Samus, what would she look like?

My favorite would be a combination bewteen Other M and Zero Mission. A sexy and beautiful woman with a few character flaws to make her more dynamic! :zss:

okey

Metroid Queen

Re: The inevitable "hate/love" thread about ZSS's appearance

Postby okey » 09.02.13 5:01pm

I think Zero Suit Samus will be an awkward mix between the Other M and Brawl designs (see: Link), or just an improved version of the Other M design (ie: no heels, looks less like spandex).

I hope they use Federation Samus, but that's got no chance of happening.

fictionale

Alpha Metroid

Postby fictionale » 09.21.13 2:56am

I think Zero Suit Samus will be an awkward mix between the Other M and Brawl designs (see: Link), or just an improved version of the Other M design (ie: no heels, looks less like spandex).

I hope they use Federation Samus, but that's got no chance of happening.
Maybe if all characters have alternate suits?

But yeah, considering they're basing both Samus and at least one Metroid stage on Other M, chances are Zero Suit Samus will be based on Other M as well. Well, that means her butt is going to get a lot bigger than in Brawl! :awesome:

Bomber Bob

Metroid

Postby Bomber Bob » 02.21.14 7:47pm

Is it just me, or are ALL of these female characters varying in looks these days? Look at Zelda. Is it just because technology is advancing and they can add more polygons? Or is it because designers are coming up with better designs to use in the newer games?

Now focusing on Samus: I hope they keep her original look from Brawl in this new Super Smash Bros. To tell you the truth, I like this Zero Suit Samus better than any of the other ones. And quite frankly, I never understood why they keep changing her in all of these Metroid games. The Mario Bros. have been around since the 80s and they've never changed; why change Samus? She is one of the most inconsistent video game characters in terms of varying looks.

Although she looks better in Other M, I think its simply because of the better technology they had for that game; especially for the cinematics. If they used the same graphics technology for both Wii Metroids that they had used for Brawl, I think I would choose the Brawl Samus. I like her the best.

okey

Metroid Queen

Postby okey » 03.13.14 5:01pm

I saw this on tumblr. It's totally fake but I think the real design will be similar to what you see here.

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 03.13.14 6:13pm

One could only hope. So long as they spare her those RIDICULOUS high heels I'll be satisfied.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 03.13.14 6:20pm

Lol I love how people don't put any effort in these "leaks". That's for a Brawl mod if I understand.

Anyways, its certainly an improvement. I would be less pessimistic about it. Zero Mission's is still leagues better though (can't beat that contrast between Black and Blue).
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 03.13.14 11:07pm

I honestly do think they will change it.
a number of characters thus far have notable changes, Samus herself is one of the more notable and it's a cross between Prime and Other M, Other M shape but with Prime details.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

okey

Metroid Queen

Postby okey » 03.14.14 2:02pm

Both Zero Suits look stupid.

Like I said before, I hope they use Other M's army Samus instead of ZSS. That would be a cool design in the hands of a proper art team.

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 03.14.14 5:02pm

That'd make for a good alternate costume, but I don't see the need to throw away the whole ZSS design. It's little more than a one piece jumpsuit and fairly innocuous, especially the M;OM design, once you tone down the sheen and remove the heels.

As far as alternate costumes go, I'd love to see a proper Fusion Suit, or even the Power Suit. I guess the Dark & Light Suits while they're at it. Samus' civilian attire from the end of M:OM would be neat as well.

okey

Metroid Queen

Postby okey » 03.15.14 9:04pm

Don't get your hopes up for anything cool Samus' alt will probably be Justin Bailey.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 03.16.14 12:54am

Well, she's actually had quite a few different "under armor" outfits.

the End of Zero and Fusion she's wears a small sleavless short and short shorts (different color in both games)
there's the Military outfit, the civilian outfit, the leotard, there's like... three different versions of the Zero Suit.

Either Samus or ZSS, there's plenty they can pick.
I actually agree with Okey, we're likely to get the leotard if anything as an alt.

and for reg Samus, probably the Power suit or Fusion suit, though here's hoping for the Light Suit.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Thunderchin

Kraid

Postby Thunderchin » 03.16.14 2:55am

I'd just say "fuck it" and not go with a ZSS at all. But if we absolutely postiively must have a ZSS, just model J. Law in the original game's leotard and be done with it!
Chozo Ice Beam acquired, extinguish a Girl on Fire!

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 03.16.14 10:44am

I think they're going to.
ZSS was a higher tier character by competitive standards, I predict much fan-rage if they didn't include her.

Apothem

Postby Apothem » 03.16.14 11:06pm

I still can't take SSB seriously as a competitive game. If you can make it work, cool, but it just seems built to be so antithetical to that mind set.

Return to “%s” Super Smash Bros.