Alternate Costumes

Discuss the Super Smash Bros. games, and coordinate matches with online Brawlers here!
TheAccursedHunter01

Zeta Metroid

Alternate Costumes

Postby TheAccursedHunter01 » 11.01.13 2:06am

Going off the Smash 4 pic for October 31st, I thought this is the right time to talk about this topic. Which characters are most likely to receive an alternate costume of some kind? Picture for those who haven't seen:

With this being a Metroid board, I will be talking the most on Samus' alternate costume(s), but this thread doesn't have to be restricted to Samus. Anyway, considering there was no character reveal for something like Male Wii Fit Trainer or Wii Fit Trainer U announced, I feel it's safe to say that for some characters, there will be alternate costumes. Considering how poorly received Other M was and how important of a Nintendo character Samus is, I'd say it's a pretty good chance that she'll get and alternate costume of some kind. You might say that WFT gets an alternate because Wii Fit U was released during Smash 4's development, which Sakurai himself says on Miiverse. Here's what he wrote: "The trial version of Wii Fit U is available now! We'd like to share this pic to commemorate the occasion." This gives me the vibe that he just wanted to show one alternate costume for a relevant game being released. Also, Wario got an alternate and I don't remember anything major Wario related coming out during Brawl. Besides, I remember people being irked that Wario got and alternate, but no one else did. Regardless, I'm fairly certain that the alternate costume for Samus would be the Super Metroid Suit that has been used in every Smash since Smash 64. This suit also comes with the colors from the older smash games of course, this time in glorious HD! :cool:. Either the Super Suit, the Prime 3 Varia/Gravity/Phazon Suit :mp3: or the Fusion Suit :fusion: would be what I would love the most. If only one though, I think it's pretty safe to assume that it will be the one from Super. Sakurai COULD use the Prime 3 Varia Suit alternate costume to set up a :dark: reveal.... Maybe we could get the :darksuit: and or :lightsuit: as DLC, just a thought. Anyway, what do the rest of you think? Anything in particular you'd want to see?
Last edited by TheAccursedHunter01 on 11.01.13 2:56pm, edited 1 time in total.

fictionale

Alpha Metroid

Re: Alternate Costumes

Postby fictionale » 11.01.13 4:32am

LOL, another anti Other M fanboy who think the haters will dictate what Nintendo does.

If Other M was so badly received, then why did they include a stage from the game and designed Samus's default Power Suit around it? I think it's completely irrelevant that some haters really didn't like Other M, Sakurai will keep stuffing this game full of Other M stuff right in your face. People who love Other M rarely speak out about it. That's why you easily get the impression that EVERYONE hates it - which is absolutely not the case.

And you're merely guessing about WFT - the male trainer could be anything. A new character, an alternative outfit or just part of one of the female WFT's attacks. We don't know yet.

If the male WFT really is an alternate outfit, how are they going to do about the hitboxes? The male WFT is bigger and taller than the female one. Yeah, the female WFT has a bigger butt :D , but everything else on the male is bigger. There was an alternative costume for Wario in Brawl because he didn't gain any size from wearing it.

That being said, I would gladly see some of the females, like Zero Suit Samus, the female WFT and Peach get some sexy new outfits. I would really like to see Zero Suit Samus in her Zero Mission zero suit for example. The Zero Mission version of the zero suit had the thonging lines on the back of her suit intact, but these were removed in Other M. :evil:

TheAccursedHunter01

Zeta Metroid

Postby TheAccursedHunter01 » 11.01.13 3:17pm

LOL, another anti Other M fanboy who think the haters will dictate what Nintendo does.

If Other M was so badly received, then why did they include a stage from the game and designed Samus's default Power Suit around it? I think it's completely irrelevant that some haters really didn't like Other M, Sakurai will keep stuffing this game full of Other M stuff right in your face. People who love Other M rarely speak out about it. That's why you easily get the impression that EVERYONE hates it - which is absolutely not the case.
Wow, thanks for being an asshole about this. Other M is a guilty pleasure of mine since I do enjoy playing through it and some of the cutscenes are pretty... I've beaten it seven times, six on normal 100% and once on hard mode. If you and others like or love the game, then that's perfectly fine, more power to you. I consider it the worst Metroid game(since Pinball doesn't really count), but it isn't a bad game by itself. However, there's a reason why there have been so many mistakes and grievances with Other M that Nintendo REALLY needs to improve upon or outright remove for the next game. Besides, there's Other M stuff in the game because it's the newest game in the franchise. Not as much of Prime stuff as there could have been in Brawl(despite Meta Ridley being a boss) since the Prime Trilogy wasn't finished in Japan when Brawl came out(I believe Brawl came out a few months before Prime 3 did in Japan).I guarantee that some people probably won't play as Samus because of the Other M Suit. Granted, it looks pretty cool with the "restructuring" as I call it. At worst, some people will have a bad taste in their mouths, since multiple people I know don't like the suit in Smash 4. Anyway, the point of this post isn't to start another Other M flame war, so I'd like to drop it as soon as possible. I just brought that up because some people don't like the Other M Suit, and of all of the characters in Smash, Samus seems to be the most likely to obtain an alternate costume.
And you're merely guessing about WFT - the male trainer could be anything. A new character, an alternative outfit or just part of one of the female WFT's attacks. We don't know yet.

If the male WFT really is an alternate outfit, how are they going to do about the hitboxes? The male WFT is bigger and taller than the female one. Yeah, the female WFT has a bigger butt :D , but everything else on the male is bigger. There was an alternative costume for Wario in Brawl because he didn't gain any size from wearing it.

That being said, I would gladly see some of the females, like Zero Suit Samus, the female WFT and Peach get some sexy new outfits. I would really like to see Zero Suit Samus in her Zero Mission zero suit for example. The Zero Mission version of the zero suit had the thonging lines on the back of her suit intact, but these were removed in Other M. :evil:
If you look at the picture, Male WFT falls the exact same way WFT does in the picture, and there was no new character announcement yesterday, so an alternate costume seems to be the most logical deduction at this point in time. If it's a clone character ALREADY, I'm gonna be pissed, that's for sure. having Male WFT as part of WFT attacks seem dumb, so I highly doubt that.

Last little side note is that if in Smash 4, Samus doesn't have the Gravity Suit colors like she has in every other Smash Bros game and instead has the glow-in-the-dark Gravity "Feature", tables will be flipped. If it's in there, at least let us have one and the other, not one OR the other.

HYRUL3

Dark Samus

Postby HYRUL3 » 11.01.13 4:48pm

Don't take it personally. He's an asshole to everyone.

Anyway, I think Samus is likely to get a few alt costumes/color re-skins for sure.
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

fictionale

Alpha Metroid

Postby fictionale » 11.02.13 5:42am

Wow, thanks for being an asshole about this. Other M is a guilty pleasure of mine since I do enjoy playing through it and some of the cutscenes are pretty... I've beaten it seven times, six on normal 100% and once on hard mode. If you and others like or love the game, then that's perfectly fine, more power to you. I consider it the worst Metroid game(since Pinball doesn't really count), but it isn't a bad game by itself. However, there's a reason why there have been so many mistakes and grievances with Other M that Nintendo REALLY needs to improve upon or outright remove for the next game. Besides, there's Other M stuff in the game because it's the newest game in the franchise. Not as much of Prime stuff as there could have been in Brawl(despite Meta Ridley being a boss) since the Prime Trilogy wasn't finished in Japan when Brawl came out(I believe Brawl came out a few months before Prime 3 did in Japan).I guarantee that some people probably won't play as Samus because of the Other M Suit. Granted, it looks pretty cool with the "restructuring" as I call it. At worst, some people will have a bad taste in their mouths, since multiple people I know don't like the suit in Smash 4. Anyway, the point of this post isn't to start another Other M flame war, so I'd like to drop it as soon as possible. I just brought that up because some people don't like the Other M Suit, and of all of the characters in Smash, Samus seems to be the most likely to obtain an alternate costume.
So... because people don't like her suit, they won't play as her? :-O That's like... saying "I don't like Mario's overalls in this game, I won't play as him." I have NEVER heard a Mario fan say that. Only goes to show how crazy and desperate the Other M haters are. Good thing Nintendo don't care about you (Sakamoto got promoted to general manager the year after Other M was released, and Sakurai is basing the Metroid content in the new SSB on Other M - suck it up).
If you look at the picture, Male WFT falls the exact same way WFT does in the picture, and there was no new character announcement yesterday, so an alternate costume seems to be the most logical deduction at this point in time. If it's a clone character ALREADY, I'm gonna be pissed, that's for sure. having Male WFT as part of WFT attacks seem dumb, so I highly doubt that.

Last little side note is that if in Smash 4, Samus doesn't have the Gravity Suit colors like she has in every other Smash Bros game and instead has the glow-in-the-dark Gravity "Feature", tables will be flipped. If it's in there, at least let us have one and the other, not one OR the other.
Logic, yes - but it's still just a guess. We don't know yet.

Tables will be flipped? By who? Crazy, desperate Other M haters who think of themselves as the "true" Metroid fans, and everyone who doesn't like the Gravity Suit is not a "true" Metroid fan? Everyone who don't jump on board of the "hate Other M train or you're not a real Metroid fan"?

Please. Believe it or not, people at Internet message boards, including this one, are just a small fraction of the worlds' Metroid fans. Don't even think for a second you represent the typical Metroid fan just because you hang on a dedicated message board.

Remnants

Metroid Queen

Postby Remnants » 11.02.13 4:23pm

Well, having the Fusion suit as an alternate costume would make a lot of sense since there are already 4 canon color schemes to them.

TheAccursedHunter01

Zeta Metroid

Postby TheAccursedHunter01 » 11.03.13 2:54am

Well, having the Fusion suit as an alternate costume would make a lot of sense since there are already 4 canon color schemes to them.
Considering the Fusion Suit works differently than the Classic Suit, I.e. Charge beam does double damage at close range, Samus takes more damage in the Fusion Suit, the ice/diffusion missiles, etc, wouldn't the Fusion Suit work better as a Samus clone character? I'm only bringing this up because even though the story mode wouldn't allow it, depending on story mode that is, the Fusion Suit is different enough that it could be a clone character. Not saying it should, but the possibility seems there.

Remnants

Metroid Queen

Postby Remnants » 11.03.13 5:51am

Considering the Fusion Suit works differently than the Classic Suit, I.e. Charge beam does double damage at close range, Samus takes more damage in the Fusion Suit, the ice/diffusion missiles, etc, wouldn't the Fusion Suit work better as a Samus clone character? I'm only bringing this up because even though the story mode wouldn't allow it, depending on story mode that is, the Fusion Suit is different enough that it could be a clone character. Not saying it should, but the possibility seems there.
We're looking at a Mario/Dr. Mario clone character here from Melee. Wasn't Samus also faster in Fusion? If Dr. Mario somehow passed for a clone character despite being almost identical to the other -- even worse is Pichu and Pikachu -- then just maybe it could be considered.

On the other hand, the Fusion suit has already been used as an alternate costume before and that is in Metroid Prime.

Return to “%s” Super Smash Bros.