Possible Metroid Characters in SSB4

Discuss the Super Smash Bros. games, and coordinate matches with online Brawlers here!
KazerBeam

Gamma Metroid

Possible Metroid Characters in SSB4

Postby KazerBeam » 07.24.14 2:57am

I'm sure a ton of threads mention this, but I want to make a deep run through with all POSSIBLE Metroid characters in SSB4. I will list each game in Chronological order, with the Prime games last, because they deserve a tier of their own. I've seen a few options in my replays of games that I haven't seen listed in other places, although I probably have been on the wrong sites.

Metroid:

KRAID: Peeps who want our dear friend from planet Zebes might have to stick with this model. He's about the same size as Bowser (Relative to Samus), but will be more ranged than Bowser due to certain....skills. Although people might also say he's just a rip off of Bowser too. All his other models are gonna have to be Stage Hazards, due to their size (Kraid IS too big). If it is true that Yoshio favours Metroid over Zero Mission, then this guy might have a chance.

Metroid Zero Mission:

ZEBESIAN: I will go more in depth about these guys later on, but it might be nice to have a Space Pirate in that roster. I certainly would like it. Kung Fu kicks, anyone?

Metroid II:

OMEGA METROID: In my opinion, only option from this game. He is the most humanoid, and his incarnation in this game is more SSB size than in Fusion. Maybe a Zeta Metroid could also fit, but I always thought Omega's were cooler as well, not to mention the fact that dear little Z looks more like a toddler than a fighter (In art). Perhaps no infinite floating (Okay, definitely not), and draw a LITTLE from his model in Fusion, and SHAZAM, new roster!

Super Metroid:

ZEBESIAN: This game shows a whole lot more for these guys, including a ton of Palette swaps. Imagine going all retro and fighting these guys again in 2014/2015....good times. They have a ton of new moves in this game, and will make interesting opponents. Agility over strength, and ranged like Samus. Not to mention their ability to cling to walls.

Metroid Other M

7TH PLATOON: I'm not saying that there would be one character for all of these guys, I just want to say that NONE of these characters has the potential on his own to go in brawl. They have guns, but so what? What else? It would take some big thing to put then in SSB4...then again, Yoshio made Other M, so perhaps he has a big thing in mind.

Metroid Fusion:

SA-X(First form): People who say that Dark Samus would not be a clone of Samus' moves, I agree with you. But this thing basically IS Samus. Perhaps a palette swap, but not much to swap. Just dose eyes you never see in Smash.

SA-X(Second Form): Scale down the model a little, and we have a DEFINITELY NOT SAMUS CLONE. They'd have to make a ton of new moves for it, due to the fact that it's only moves in Fusion are Jump, Ground Pound, Jump, Ground Pound etc. An interesting character to model, and a ton of innovation will be needed for this thing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Metroid Prime:

SPACE PIRATES: Now, let's say we preferred these Space Pirates over Zebesians. These incarnations have a lot of palettes, and a lot of attacks. They would also do a beat up job in SSB4. Less agile than the Zebesians, but stronger melee.

CHOZO GHOSTS: Only thought of these in hindsight. I think they would be cool as the first playable Chozo(ish thing) in any game yet. Not to mention the fact that a lot of us were hoping to see them in Other M. Transparency or no, it needs to be agile. Like REALLY agile.

Metroid Prime Hunters:

All of the characters would be an interesting addition to SSB4, I'll just put them in the order of likeliness (OPINIONS GALORE):

SYLUX: Most likely out of all of these, which of course means he's unlikely. Arch-enemy of Samus, so a playable arch-Villain for Metroid.

WEAVEL: Less likely, but still, being a Space Pirate, still has a chance. Not to mention that Yoshio might include him/her if he had read Pirates, adding a little more relationship for Samus.

TRACE: He is next, due to the fact that he is part of a FRIKIN EMPIRE. Total evil and boss villain.

KANDEN: Evil experiment gone awry? Check. Basically only thing we know about him.

SPIRE: Looking for his family. Not a very SSB-like story.

NOXUS: I don't have much to say about this guy. He's like a vigilante. Cause we need more.

Metroid Prime 2 Echoes:

SPACE PIRATES: Again, a different kind of Space Pirate. Even less agile but stronger. NEEDS a Dark palette.

DARK SAMUS: INCREDIBLY unlikely but there is still hope. Perhaps they only used the Corruption model of Samus as an assist so they could use this one as a playable character! Then maybe they would add the Chosen Four and WHO AM I KIDDING.

U-MOS/LUMINOTH: I would love to see these in the game. Definitely not naked, like that other thread I saw, with a multitude of the abilities we get in Metroid Prime 2, such as those cookie beams and the Light Suit. Psychic abilites would be needed (Perhaps the only character with a special kind of block?), all in all, a new addition. Very innovative if added.

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption:

SPACE PIRATES: Most agile if added. Nothing else I haven't said.

DARK SAMUS: Perhaps this assist trophy thing is a ploy? Perhaps they will add her? Maybe? Possibly? *Sniff*

GRANDAYDA: Maybe, but no. She'll be stealing Kirby's moves. A nice addition, but difficult to control and implement the shape shifting, due to the fact that she doesn't have a swallow cue or anything.

GHOR: Can't be in his suit, because it will be reserved for FS. And, with that said, it has also been said that he is not a good fighter outside his Mech. So, doubtful.

RUNDAS: Would make an interesting addition (Among almost every other suggestion I've made). Has been shown to admire Samus but consider himself better. Would add some things plot wise for an adventure mode, no? Needs to be agile, even though his build suggests bulk.

Any suggestion of other characters I have missed, or anything i should add to my things of each? Please criticize freely. I'll be :phantoon:
Last edited by KazerBeam on 07.24.14 1:17pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for ways to glitch Metroid Games into oblivion.
This makes me remember when Samus didn't talk and there were dinosaurs and black and white TV
I accidentally Zebes. Was that dangerous?

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Re: Possible Metroid Characters in SSB4

Postby Xerkxes » 07.24.14 12:45pm

I don't Think Sakamoto has much input on even the next metroid game, let alone SSB.
As Nintendo has been thinking about giving it back to Retro and Sakamoto says he's not part of the next metroid.

I don't honestly see a Space Pirate or Zebesians being a playable character, the only one to ever have any sort of a significant role was Weavel, a Prime character.

Kraid could be interesting, naturally more suited as a stage hazard or Assist trophy due to Colossal Size. but there's ways to get it playable.

For the 7th Platoon, Really only Anthony or Adam merit anything among them, but Adam's inclusion would probably piss all the Other M haters off to no end. Even with just guns they could extend it into a moveset, especially Anthony.
Freeze Gun, SMG, Plasma gun, grenade, 4 specials done.
Sakamoto isn't afraid to invent things or give them something they don't have to work. But I don't know if I'd want any of the Platoon 7 in SSB. Especially not with the stat Metroid's in right now.

SA-X? no. it's a clone of Samus that looks EXACTLY like Samus. They could (but pretty damned sure they won't), make entirely different moves for her even when just drawing from Samus' unused inventory, and make the second form it's final smash, but I don't see this happening.

Chozo Ghosts, would be interesting, but being a non major enemy makes them extremely unlikely.

The Prime Hunters are some of the better candidates in Metroid, but I imagine there's still a kind of risk of them being Samus clones, maybe Wolf styled clones.
But they'd be unlikely very due to Prime Hunters poor reception and sales.

Dark Samus: Was the EASIEST thing they could have gone with, which is sad because even in SSB4 the Assist Trophy looks a stones throw away from adapting into something playable.

U-Mos? I never thought of him, lil tall but I could see it working, but a fairly minor character to the series as a whole.

Prime 3 Hunters... better candidates than others.
Gandrayda could be something like.. ingame random, every time she's KO'd she comes back as a different character.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

KazerBeam

Gamma Metroid

Re: Possible Metroid Characters in SSB4

Postby KazerBeam » 07.24.14 1:16pm

I don't Think Sakamoto has much input on even the next metroid game, let alone SSB.
As Nintendo has been thinking about giving it back to Retro and Sakamoto says he's not part of the next metroid.
I apologize for that, I don't know where I got that from.
I don't honestly see a Space Pirate or Zebesians being a playable character, the only one to ever have any sort of a significant role was Weavel, a Prime character.
I just thought that would be good fighters, and if you take them on as a whole, they play an important part in the franchise.
For the 7th Platoon, Really only Anthony or Adam merit anything among them, but Adam's inclusion would probably piss all the Other M haters off to no end. Even with just guns they could extend it into a moveset, especially Anthony.
Freeze Gun, SMG, Plasma gun, grenade, 4 specials done.
Sakamoto isn't afraid to invent things or give them something they don't have to work. But I don't know if I'd want any of the Platoon 7 in SSB. Especially not with the stat Metroid's in right now.
Now that you mention that, I just remember Snake from SSBB. But the reason I said lack of moves was because he would be kind of a generic CoD character or something.
SA-X? no. it's a clone of Samus that looks EXACTLY like Samus. They could (but pretty damned sure they won't), make entirely different moves for her even when just drawing from Samus' unused inventory, and make the second form it's final smash, but I don't see this happening.
Which is the point I mentioned earlier. Good idea for the FS though.
Chozo Ghosts, would be interesting, but being a non major enemy makes them extremely unlikely.
As you can see, I am desperate.
The Prime Hunters are some of the better candidates in Metroid, but I imagine there's still a kind of risk of them being Samus clones, maybe Wolf styled clones.
But they'd be unlikely very due to Prime Hunters poor reception and sales.
Now that you mention that too....fear grips me.
U-Mos? I never thought of him, lil tall but I could see it working, but a fairly minor character to the series as a whole.
It was kind of random, I was replaying MP2 And I though, what if this fighter joined the ultimate fighters? I'm surprised he is not a popular choice.
Looking for ways to glitch Metroid Games into oblivion.
This makes me remember when Samus didn't talk and there were dinosaurs and black and white TV
I accidentally Zebes. Was that dangerous?

Return to “%s” Super Smash Bros.