SSB4: Voting for your favorite characters discussion

Discuss the Super Smash Bros. games, and coordinate matches with online Brawlers here!
Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

SSB4: Voting for your favorite characters discussion

Postby Xerkxes » 04.01.15 6:13pm

>> VOTE HERE <<
VOTING ENDS OCTOBER 3, 2015

With their official voting for characters..

Who do you guys think will get enough votes to be considered?
Mine personally went to Isaac.

I'm going to imagine regardless of the # of votes, Ridley won't make it.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Big Guy

Metroid Queen

Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / for Nintendo 3DS discussio

Postby Big Guy » 04.01.15 6:24pm

Where's this voting taking place?
Also the amount of DLC concerns me, Nintendo seems to be going down that path.
Hello.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 04.01.15 7:17pm

Where's this voting taking place?
https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
Also the amount of DLC concerns me, Nintendo seems to be going down that path.
And Nintendo fanboys are going to yuck it up too.

I don't know how I feel about it at all. Though to be fair Nintendo is doing it better then most.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Luminoth Prime

Omega Metroid

Postby Luminoth Prime » 04.01.15 7:59pm

VOTE FOR DARK SAMUS YOU MANIACS
"Through vigilance and strength, we create peace."

Big Guy

Metroid Queen

Postby Big Guy » 04.01.15 8:00pm

VOTE FOR DARK SAMUS YOU MANIACS
Are you implying I didn't?
Hello.

TheAccursedHunter01

Zeta Metroid

Postby TheAccursedHunter01 » 04.01.15 9:02pm

I voted for Rundas since Dark Samus is already an Assist Trophy, so I'm guess that Dark Samus being playable is out of the question, as much as I'd loved otherwise.

Big Guy

Metroid Queen

Postby Big Guy » 04.01.15 9:08pm

I voted for Rundas since Dark Samus is already an Assist Trophy, so I'm guess that Dark Samus being playable is out of the question, as much as I'd loved otherwise.
DON'T GIVE UP THE DREAM
1424494235868.jpg
Hello.

RaptorRex

Metroid

Postby RaptorRex » 04.01.15 10:48pm

Don't know whether I should vote for Rundas or Ridley; Ridley's practically impossible to get but I want him way more then Rundas.

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 04.02.15 12:43am

I voted for Getter Robo but I can always vote again for Meta Ridley or something.

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 04.02.15 8:31am

My vote went for Protoman. He'd perfectly complement Megaman.
:higgs: would be pretty badass but that's about as likely as Ridley getting added.

Other characters I'd like are Waluigi, Dr. Wily riding in his spaceship (could be similar to Bowser Jr.), Roll, and Tom Nook.

Also: split topic.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Re: SSB4: Voting for your favorite characters discussion

Postby Xerkxes » 04.05.15 12:33pm

I wonder what Nintendo's internal rules are for the voting.
I mean, to what degree, if at all, do they considering 2nd and 3rd party characters?
In the time of brawl, I remember them talking about how it has to be "has to have been on a nintendo console" and "character must originate from a videogame". As far as I'm aware a lot of people are honestly voting for Goku.

I recall reading somewhere that Xbox Boss wanted Banjo and Kazooie to be in Smash now, what with the voting.
I'd be okay with this, glad even if it were to happen.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Varia31

Gamma Metroid

Postby Varia31 » 04.06.15 10:51pm

Well, Rundas is one of the front runners on a supposedly real "early poll results" list. Regardless, I voted for him.

I'm actually in a Sylux support group on SmashBoards, and we're trying to to spread the word to #VoteSylux. If any of you don't mind, we'd appreciate your support. Please spread the word, and vote for Sylux! Metroid needs love in Smash, and having either Rundas or Sylux in the game would be a godsend to see.
Haat, Ijaa, Haa'it.

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 04.07.15 4:39am

From what I'm seeing Shovel Knight fans are kinda peer pressuring others to vote for Shovel Knight as well as being really loud about it on forums everywhere. Although, I don't think the volume of votes for a certain character matters as much as one might think. The way it's worded makes it seem like the Smash team will pick out a result that would be the most convenient as well as one that would have a lot of votes. For example of there's 50000 votes for Goku, 1000 for Master Chief, 800 for Waddle Dee, 650 for Paperboy, and 500 for Geno then Sakurai would do the Waddle Dee since it's the easiest to work with since Sakurbias is a thing. Kirby can wear Lucina's mask but she can't herself. Okay. Also, 2 Pits.

A Metroid character is highly unlikely since it doesn't seem like Sakurai has any actual knowledge of Metroid games. Samus' moveset has remained unchanged since 64 and has not been updated movewise to match any recent appearances at all. I'm absolutely sure the people that add the trophies in aren't told to by Sakurai and even they don't care about Metroid as evident by the hundreds of trophies for Mario, Zelda, and Kid Icarus while Metroid has like 10.

Varia31

Gamma Metroid

Postby Varia31 » 04.07.15 9:40am

That doesn't mean we can't try, though. Sakurai has acknowledged that people wanted Ridley to be playable, so maybe he'll be willing to give us at least one character that isn't Samus and Samus. All I'm asking for is support. If we don't get a new Metroid character, then at least we can say we tried. We gotta express our love for the series that this forum is named after, y'know, or else our chances will be even lower. ;) We have a shot now, so please, cast votes for Sylux, Rundas, and anyone else you can think of! Not trying to pressure anyone myself, but I'm just trying to be enthusiastic about us possibly getting something more in the future.
Haat, Ijaa, Haa'it.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 04.07.15 4:39pm

Well, Rundas is one of the front runners on a supposedly real "early poll results" list. Regardless, I voted for him.
There's an early poll result list?

Return to “%s” Super Smash Bros.