anyone else annoyed that..

Discuss the Super Smash Bros. games, and coordinate matches with online Brawlers here!
Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

anyone else annoyed that..

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 05.19.15 7:35am

In most of the promotional videos for smash bros wii u/3ds as well as character trailers that have samus in it they ALWAYS Are showing samus getting her ass kicked? i mean seriously pardon my language but that is just bullshit ,even the friggen intro to smash wii u when you load the game shows her get her ass kicked a lot when like seriously i get they have to show all characters looking good but most of the time they show another character looking good anymore its them hitting samus or something.....i mean i get for the little mac thing it was cause hes the kinda guy who would get mad if a woman was stronger then him but still...anyone else feel its a bit rediculous?

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Re: anyone else annoyed that..

Postby Meta Ridley » 05.19.15 8:54am

Everyone gets beat up in the trailers/openings for Smash Bros. Even if Samus is probably the deadliest person on the roster and maybe Metroid is the greatest series in Super Smash Bros that doesn't mean she should get special treatment.

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 05.19.15 9:47am

Everyone gets beat up in the trailers/openings for Smash Bros. Even if Samus is probably the deadliest person on the roster and maybe Metroid is the greatest series in Super Smash Bros that doesn't mean she should get special treatment.
Right, but its blatantly obvious they are going after her an extra amount in smash bros for some reason.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 05.19.15 3:30pm

Not sure what you mean, I don't particularly see anything different in Samus' treatment.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 05.19.15 7:41pm

it just seems like sure theyre showing her in smash related videos ,trailers, openings ect anymore but it seems like 9/10 of the videos shes getting hit by someone, i play a REAL lot and it really looks like she gets smacked around in the videos more then other characters, even if its just an average amount more...either way i was just annoyed>.>

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 05.21.15 1:26am

The only trailer I can recall her getting beat up in a comical fashion, targettive fashion is the Little Mac Trailer. In suit she's one of the taller ones (used to be out of suit too, if not for the fact they deformed/shrunk her legs and stuck her in heels to equal out the difference)
Everything else that comes to mind was pretty universal.

Link, Marth, and Bowser get their asses handed to them by Shulk.
Kirby is rudely prodded by DK.
Lucina is getting the crap beat out of her by C.Falcon.

A lot of characters are getting beaten or mocked in the promotional material.

The little Mac thing was because she was making fun of his height, not that that he felt incompetent for his strength.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 05.21.15 1:41am

all i was saying is it seemed like she got targeted the most.

Luminoth Prime

Omega Metroid

Postby Luminoth Prime » 05.21.15 12:14pm

Only things that annoy me are:

1. ZSS in general
2. Power-suit Samus has a weird, dainty pose in everything but the cover art. Every other character is in some sort of action pose, but Samus is in borderline T-pose. What's up with that?
"Through vigilance and strength, we create peace."

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 05.21.15 1:05pm

Only things that annoy me are:

1. ZSS in general
2. Power-suit Samus has a weird, dainty pose in everything but the cover art. Every other character is in some sort of action pose, but Samus is in borderline T-pose. What's up with that?
kinda looks like an" all powerful" pose , or benevolent/powerful pose honestly. also...zero suit samus isnt an issue...i get that that undersuit protects her from friction plus it helps her form her suit faster...in fact zero suit samus could be good for sneaking missions, the real issue is nintendo felt the need to give her high heeled rocket shoes....i mean come on it feels like they want to make her look like a whore or something but wont outright do it because true metroid fans would be pissed and theyd lose sales...it seriously feels like theyre slowly trying to make her look like a stereotype over sexualized female character the more they make her, i mean theres nothing wrong with her looking really attractive but i prefered it when it looked tasteful (spoilers in link )
http://www.metroid-database.com/feature ... ndings.jpg i say, though the prime 1 ending looked the most "strong yet pretty" if you really HAD to make her more attractive, go with the prime hunters ending, it was really pretty but she still looked respectable like a real warrior.

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 05.21.15 4:10pm

all i was saying is it seemed like she got targeted the most.
What constitutes as the most? I can only think of one, making it no more than any other character, if not less.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

Shade Nightclaw

Zeta Metroid

Postby Shade Nightclaw » 05.21.15 5:46pm

It just seriously simply just felt like it, thats pretty much it i dont have anything to show other then text...probably should just drop the subject by now i stoped caring already.

Return to “%s” Super Smash Bros.