Official Brawl Match Coordination Thread

Discuss the Super Smash Bros. games, and coordinate matches with online Brawlers here!
CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Official Brawl Match Coordination Thread

Postby CapCom » 03.05.08 2:28pm

This thread is to be used for coordinating Super Smash Bros. Brawl matches. We will be coordinating group matches for you and all your friends on the MDb to participate in below. This thread is to be used in conjunction with the Brawl friend code exchange thread.
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

Redwing

Super Metroid

Postby Redwing » 03.05.08 3:19pm

I'm not going to be able to play it on Sunday :cry: :cry: :cry: I might not even get it. I didn't reserve...

Mason

Omega Metroid

Postby Mason » 03.10.08 10:36am

I'm ready to kick some butt, I've registered everyone in the friend codes thread.

Also, they seem to have gotten the kinks out of the Play with Anyone system, I just got my ass handed to me on a platter 3 times with almost no lag. Communication with these folks would be nice, but this is infinitely better than Project64K.
Humor: saying something that is funny
Humour: saying something in a british accent... which automatically makes it funny.
Wii U: OhThatMason

Jesse D

Former Staff - Lead Engineer

Postby Jesse D » 03.10.08 2:31pm

I have a private Ventrilo (voice chat) server set up for anybody who would like to use it. I've been making use of it while brawling online with friends so that we don't have to worry about the limited in-game communication. If anybody's interested in making use of it, shoot me a PM.
-Jesse DImage

Redwing

Super Metroid

Postby Redwing » 03.10.08 4:01pm

I take it I would need some sort of headset for that. Oh well. We've got enough people for a match right now, but I'd rather wait until I'm accustomed to the physics.

Jesse D

Former Staff - Lead Engineer

Postby Jesse D » 03.10.08 5:18pm

Not necessarily a headset, but as long as you can play the game near a computer with speakers and a microphone, then you're set.
-Jesse DImage

Redwing

Super Metroid

Postby Redwing » 03.11.08 2:19pm

Can't. Don't have a mic, and my computer's in another room. Besides, my Mom probably wouldn't like me talking to people I don't know... like... strangers! OMG!

I don't know how I make friends. I swear I didn't know half the people I made friends with before I met them.

Mason

Omega Metroid

Postby Mason » 03.11.08 2:40pm

OK it has become very clear to me that Brawl's 'With Anyone' feature is as of right now totally busted (but "they're working on it"), so we need to set up a time where we can have people on to brawl with. I keep checking my friend roster hoping that SOMEBODY will be online, but to no avail.
Humour: saying something in a british accent... which automatically makes it funny.

Redwing

Super Metroid

Postby Redwing » 03.11.08 4:19pm

I say we wait a while before doing any official battles. The servers just can't handle it. I suppose we should set up some kind of weekly thing, though, that would be awesome. Just not on school days, preferably, more like Saturday at noon or whatever (we need to coordinate for worldwide times)

AMetroidGuy

Super Metroid

Postby AMetroidGuy » 03.12.08 4:40am

MasonL87 wrote:OK it has become very clear to me that Brawl's 'With Anyone' feature is as of right now totally busted (but "they're working on it"), so we need to set up a time where we can have people on to brawl with. I keep checking my friend roster hoping that SOMEBODY will be online, but to no avail.
I saw you online, but it seemed like you were busy Brawling, I couldn’t join your room?
AMETROIDGUY: The Bitch Is Back.( Sometimes.)
Thanks for making me love proper grammar & hate most people on the Internet. :P
OhThatEthanMiguel/AKAGamerGuy/NintendoGaymer around the web. Follow/subscribe! Also: G+ tumblr LJ
FCs
My blog, Don't Read This Yet! .net( a.k.a. DRTYnet)

Mason

Omega Metroid

Postby Mason » 03.12.08 6:22am

Yeah I saw you, I was playing against another friend of mine, but the lag was horrid. Also, I notice something: Why is there no option when you create a room for Brawls, Home Run Contest, or Multiman Brawls to actually INVITE one of your friends? It's like you have to make the room and hope that they see what you're doing and get the picture. Its fucking irritating as hell.

Oh and the reason you couldn't join the room is because unless everybody else in the room has traded friend codes with you, you get kicked out. Stupid, I know.

Ganondorf

Alpha Metroid

Postby Ganondorf » 03.12.08 7:16am

MasonL87 wrote:Oh and the reason you couldn't join the room is because unless everybody else in the room has traded friend codes with you, you get kicked out. Stupid, I know.

Actually, not true. I was playing a game against AMetroidGuy and as we were getting the match in order, one of my local friends, who's never been to the MDb, was able to join in even though AMG didn't have his friend code. I think the friend code system is based on the person who made the room, not everyone involved.
Ganondorf
()xxxx{{============>

Mason

Omega Metroid

Postby Mason » 03.12.08 9:52am

When you say 'local friends' do you mean somebody in the room with you? I dunno it probably works like that, all I know is that a few nights ago I was playing my friend and every time I tried to join his room it kicked me until I registered his other friend and he registered me.

Ganondorf

Alpha Metroid

Postby Ganondorf » 03.12.08 1:44pm

No, I mean one of my actual friends who owns the game and lives about five miles from me was online playing in the same room that AMG was. Without either one of them having the other's codes.

I have them both registered on my system and I started the room.
Ganondorf
()xxxx{{============>

Mason

Omega Metroid

Postby Mason » 03.12.08 1:50pm

OK then clearly it was just (even more) network trouble on Nintendo's part.

Return to “%s” Super Smash Bros.