Brawl character discussion

Discuss the Super Smash Bros. games, and coordinate matches with online Brawlers here!

Moderator: Moderators

No eye deer

Alpha Metroid

Brawl character discussion

Postby No eye deer » 03.21.08 8:42am

Basically ive been thinking, if everyone has different viewpoints, how do they see characters in brawl, aka why do you like or dislike certain aspects or abilities of them.
"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." ~ Samuel Clemens aka Mark Twain.

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 03.21.08 12:38pm

I've bought that game yesterday, do I haven't played everybody yet. I have only unlocked Ness, Falco, Luigi and Marth.

I liked Samus very much. Her F-Smash really pulls the crap out of everyone. ZSS is good too, but her special attacks are kinda confusing.

Kirby-> Good as always.

Pikachu-> Good, but fortunately not as cheap as before.

Dedede-> I hated him for the little I played with him.

Meta Knight-> Very good. Quick and Strong.

Ike-> Good. Excellent Smash attacks.

Pkmn Trainer-> I expected better, but good nonetheless.

Pit-> Great. His special moves are awesome.

Wario-> So-so. Strong, but slow and heavy.

Best Final Smash Experienced by me to date -> Zero Laser.
Tianna wrote:Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Sub-zero

Metroid Queen

Postby Sub-zero » 03.21.08 4:12pm

...........I want Wii............ :o

Kenrai

Alpha Metroid

Postby Kenrai » 03.22.08 4:40pm

Well, despite my original thoughts, ZSS isn't horrible. My only complaint is that Samus is a bit slower than she was in the last game.

Otherwise, she's staying my best character, yet Lucario has some sort of appeal that (for some odd reason) makes me want to play him more than Samus :/

AMetroidGuy

Super Metroid

Location: Jamaica Plain, Boston, MA, U.S.A., North America, Earth, Sol system, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Universe

Postby AMetroidGuy » 03.22.08 5:20pm

WARNING: Spoilers( really, the thread should probably be marked spoilers too)

Well, as I have said elsewhere, I am very disappointed about the lack of Dr. Mario. He was slightly heavier, which made him superior to Mario in my book, and I really hate regular Mario’s new Down+B. I am maining Mario, because he is the next best thing, but still, not the same.
I also think Lucario is really neat, though I need to practice with it more. But, not at the expense of Mewtwo! That sucks. I don’t care too much about losing Pichu, but there should have been another G/S Pokémon to replace it, and something from Hoenn. I don’t personally care about Roy, since I never played the FE guys much, but from what I understnad he was different enough that he could have stayed.
Wolf is an OK character, but I never cared much for Fox/Falco, and Wolf is so similar he didn’t deserve inclusion over a unique character like Mewtwo.
AMETROIDGUY: The Bitch Is Back.( Sometimes.)
Naner wrote:Thanks for making me love proper grammar & hate most people on the Internet. :P
OhThatEthanGuy/AKAGamerGuy/NintendoGaymer around the web. Follow/subscribe! Also: G+ tumblr LJ
FCs
a special note from StreetPass Boston after the Marathon bombing

LilSlugger

Alpha Metroid

Postby LilSlugger » 03.22.08 11:34pm

Spoilers...although everyone who wants SSBB probably has it.

I prefer Wolf over Fox, but I don't like the idea of three characters using the same movesets (no matter how many subtle differences there are). I like ZS Samus' B-up move, especially when it's done over a pit! I like Sonic, though his specials can be confusing. As for the rest, I think they're well balanced enough for me to use any of them without any real problems (except for Dedede, he's WAY too slow). I used to main Link, but I'm leaving him. I've fallen for somebody who feeds my hunger for domination.

Meta-Knight, swordsman excellence.
(He acts like a Mega Man boss, too)
I'm not a bad person,
just a horrible judge of character.

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 03.23.08 3:42pm

I've unlocked everyone, except... JIGGLYPUFF ... :oops: :cry: >.<Lucario> Excellent! The fact that he gets stronger as his damage increases is awesome!

Wolf-> So-so recovery, but way better than Fox and Falco.

Snake-> Really good special moves!

Sonic-> Wasn't as fast as I expected... That's good.

R.O.B.-> Crap.

Olimar-> I hated the little I played with him in SSE.

TOP FIGHTERS-> Samus, Lucario and Wolf, no doubt about it.
Tianna wrote:Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Jesse D

MDB Staff - Engineer

Postby Jesse D » 03.23.08 4:30pm

Lord Darth Naner wrote:Sonic-> Wasn't as fast as I expected... That's good.

Give Sonic the bunny ears on the Big Blue (Melee) stage and he can run along the track.
-Jesse DImage

Shadow

Metroid

Postby Shadow » 03.24.08 2:31am

Jesse D wrote:Give Sonic the bunny ears on the Big Blue (Melee) stage and he can run along the track.

Naturally 8-) Afterall he is "The fastest thing alive"

(But I do remember hearing about how Wario-Man can do the same with his bike) :roll:
That´s it! We´ll settle this on race track!

My Wii code: 0529 9574 0401 6303

Mario Kart Wii friend code: 5026-4721-9627

Jesse D

MDB Staff - Engineer

Postby Jesse D » 03.24.08 11:36am

Shadow wrote:(But I do remember hearing about how Wario-Man can do the same with his bike) :roll:

That's pretty funny.
I just recorded replays of both Sonic and Wario keeping up on the F-Zero track. If anybody (who actually added my Brawl friend code) wants me to send'em, lemme know.
-Jesse DImage

AMetroidGuy

Super Metroid

Location: Jamaica Plain, Boston, MA, U.S.A., North America, Earth, Sol system, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Universe

Postby AMetroidGuy » 03.24.08 5:30pm

Jesse D wrote:
Shadow wrote:(But I do remember hearing about how Wario-Man can do the same with his bike) :roll:

That's pretty funny.
I just recorded replays of both Sonic and Wario keeping up on the F-Zero track. If anybody (who actually added my Brawl friend code) wants me to send'em, lemme know.
Sure, sounds hilarious.
Naner wrote:Thanks for making me love proper grammar & hate most people on the Internet. :P
OhThatEthanGuy/AKAGamerGuy/NintendoGaymer around the web. Follow/subscribe! Also: G+ tumblr LJ
FCs

sharonlover

Postby sharonlover » 03.24.08 7:31pm

you could shoot me a copy ^_^
:adam: "I authorize full use of the Report Button on the MDb Message Boards."

Redwing

Super Metroid

Postby Redwing » 03.24.08 8:12pm

I'll take one once I get my friend codes sorted out.

As for characters.

I don't like Samus as much as I used to. She's a tiny bit slower and it kind of messes up my balance. I especially hate it when I try to fire a missile in midair and she almost pulls it off before hitting the ground and canceling it. It's just a waste of time and I don't feel like relearning the timing, so I've moved on.

I love Wolf. Maybe because I just like the character, but also his timing is great for my style. It kind of sucks that he doesn't have fire for his recovery, as that gives Fox and Falco an upper hand in that no one can touch them while they're charging it up. Still, I'm good enough at dodging that I can keep a 0% for quite a while and still do some good damage. Also, his final smash is great for me. Someone said it sucked on small stages but I think that's where it shines. No one can avoid you then if you do a spin! I've killed a max of seven level 4 bots with one final smash- I dropped in and shot them all off, then they spawned on top of me and I jetted up through the roof, and finally I finished it off by impaling one unfortunate heavy character on my laser. It was quite amazing. I can usually get the Smash ball almost every time too, since his midair smashes are powerful.

My other character I'm experimenting with is Ike. I can't stand how slow he is, but his attacks make it worth it. If you charge up his standard smash just a bit before letting it out on a damaged character it's pretty good for a quick KO. His recovery is nice too, if you can catch someone with the initial sword throw. Overall his moves are pretty classy too, I love his 'personality' of sorts. One thing I hate is the clip when you win where he says "I fight for my friends" in an almost defensive tone, as if you question his cliche-edness. Never question Ike's cliche!! I also love his cheer... 'We like Ike!' It's almost as good as 'Roy's our boy'.

Olimar sucks. Terribly. Everyone I've talked to agrees, the game is very well balanced except for Olimar. It's to the point where we are wondering if perhaps there's some great move we missed that makes him worth while.

Jesse D

MDB Staff - Engineer

Postby Jesse D » 03.24.08 8:21pm

sharonlover wrote:you could shoot me a copy ^_^

Did you add my code? It still shows you as 'Awaiting Registration' on my end. Maybe it'll be necessary to re-add the codes.
-Jesse DImage

AMetroidGuy

Super Metroid

Postby AMetroidGuy » 03.24.08 8:40pm

Jesse D wrote:
sharonlover wrote:you could shoot me a copy ^_^

Did you add my code? It still shows you as 'Awaiting Registration' on my end. Maybe it'll be necessary to re-add the codes.
So, the opposite problem you and I had? That sucks. I just got the vids, btw, will watch in 20 minutes after my TV show ends. And Brawl, if anyone wants to.
FCs

Next

Return to Super Smash Bros.