Have you made any Metroid-themed stages?

Discuss the Super Smash Bros. games, and coordinate matches with online Brawlers here!
Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Re: Have you made any Metroid-themed stages?

Postby Xerkxes » 08.18.13 8:39pm

Once, using a level builder I downloaded, built a level with an Elevator that could actually take you between floors (unforetunately, only up, not down). supposed to be remenicient of the elevator rooms in metroid, I have it the Sector One music for it.

Also built myself Kraid's layers too.

I honestly hope the level builder is back, bigger and better than ever.
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

BeingAdamMalkovich

Metroid

Postby BeingAdamMalkovich » 09.09.13 9:42am

The only stages I made were stages that spelled out swear words, but I was 14 at the time.

ViindeX

Egg

Re:

Postby ViindeX » 04.24.14 4:36pm

I've only made Brinstar based on the version in Metroid and Super Metroid. I'll work on some more in the future.

Anyway, here's my Brinstar: -
The general layout, it's very large so I couldn't fit the whole stage in one snapshot.
There's the Morph Ball pillar and the section before it.
Lastly, the lift leading to Tourian.
That actually looks cool!

Chozo Guardian

Zeta Metroid

Postby Chozo Guardian » 04.24.14 7:25pm

Doesn't look like Brinstar at all. Maybe the Chozo Ruins or something?
Switch Friend Code: SW-5924-9758-5866

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 04.24.14 9:31pm

Nope. that's the start of Metroid/Zero Mission.

like the first 10 seconds of the game(s).
Xerkxes: "Makes you wonder why Samus just didn't take one of the Crystals with her, and constantly charge it with the light beam while using it as a God damned +5 Brilliant Energy Spear of Smite-Ing "

YamI

Metroid Queen

Postby YamI » 01.02.15 12:17pm

The new builder for the Wii U version makes stuff a lot easier to build with than Brawl. I haven't made anything yet but if I ever get the chance to I'll be sure to put it here.

Chozo Guardian

Zeta Metroid

Postby Chozo Guardian » 01.02.15 4:37pm

Yeah the Wii U one utterly destroys the Brawl one. However the Brawl one DOES let us play Project M, giving us access to the REAL Light AND Fusion suits not to mention giving us access to MEWTWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! early.
Switch Friend Code: SW-5924-9758-5866

Xerkxes

Metroid Queen

Postby Xerkxes » 01.02.15 6:19pm

The new builder for the Wii U version makes stuff a lot easier to build with than Brawl. I haven't made anything yet but if I ever get the chance to I'll be sure to put it here.
I kind of wish there was more tools.

Copy/Paste, ability to drag existing pieces, axis flipping existing pieces, ability to draw with the D-Pad or control stick (when working with the grid), etc.

Also.. I wonder why they removed parts from the builder, the selection of different types of parts asside from standard blocks is.. very lacking. Not much work would have to have been done to keep them.. mostly just graphical updates.
Part of me also wishes.. there was something to make back walls, so that one might emulate the interior of a structure.

I do like like that you can effectively make any shape you want, infinite level of customization right there,

Return to “%s” Super Smash Bros.