Speak Japanese?

Discuss anything related to Metroid comics and manga in here!
Nivek13576

Mochtroid

Speak Japanese?

Postby Nivek13576 » 08.23.08 11:57am

If you you look at my past postings on this site, they're mostly about the music composer of the Metroid series, Kenji Yamamoto. Well this is no different. On the official Metroid Prime Japanese website, there is an interview with Yoshio Sakamoto (co-creator of the Metroid series), Kensuke Tanabe (idk), and finally, my man Kenji Yamamoto. But it's all in japanese! And the interview is SO long. It's times like these where I wish I spoke japanese.

Anyways, besides that interview the site has so many more awsome features. And even though it's all japanese, I spent hours on that site :D

Enjoy
http://metroid.jp/metroid_version1/inte ... index.html 8)
Music was and is the true universal language
-Kenji yamamoto

MAZZ0Murder

Zeta Metroid

Postby MAZZ0Murder » 09.30.08 10:56pm

COOL!

RedMage

Anonymous

Postby RedMage » 10.01.08 1:53am

Dam, anyone care to subtitle?

squeehunter

Zeta Metroid

Re: Speak Japanese?

Postby squeehunter » 12.15.08 9:13pm

I'm working on Japanese. I'll get back to anyone who needs anything done in a... few months.

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 12.17.08 12:36am

Moved this to the translation thread as it's KINDA related... It's also where most of the translators hang out :)

Anyway, yeah, this Sakamoto interview we've known about. There's a few other cool things on that site, too, that need translated. Unfortunately, we haven't had anybody go out and translate it (I'd take the Babelfish one that was on the IGN forums with a grain of salt). Thankfully, text is easier than spoken, so maybe I'll take a shot at it after break (got vacation and paper writing, among other things...). But hey, if anyone wants to jump in first, go ahead!
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

sharonlover

MDB Staff - Social Media Editor

Postby sharonlover » 12.17.08 6:19am

I can tell you that we are currently near the close of the Metroid manga. Once it's completed, I will be looking to get the metroid 4 panel comics translated.

If anyone is a translator, I could use a good one. My current translator for the Metroid manga will not be returning for any more Metroid unfortunately. So the offer's out. I have the book (and the scans already somewhere) to do the editing and typesetting, I would just need the translator.
"Life is war, humans are the casualty"
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 12.17.08 10:57am

I got the four-panels about half-translated. I ran into a roadblock because it was taking way too much time to interpret the kanji in the scans we currently have. If you send me some scans, I can finish the rest.
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

Return to “%s” Comics/Manga Discussions