Overall *spoilers*

Discuss anything related to Metroid comics and manga in here!
Will Keaton

Omega Metroid

Re: Overall *spoilers*

Postby Will Keaton » 03.16.10 5:06pm

Heum wrote:How come Old Bird and Grey Voice are "definately canon"? Have we seen them somewhere else?
Both show up in the ending images for the japanese version of Metroid Fusion. See here. Make of that what you will. They also seem to be depicted in a piece of art placed on the big Zero Mission Power Suit mural by a vandal of somekind.
Everyone dies. It is the final and only lasting Justice - Boba Fett

Labrynian Rebel

Metroid Queen

Postby Labrynian Rebel » 07.22.10 1:41am

All this praise of the metroid manga almost makes me want to... read it, and I don't even read manga XD
Image "The world is changing and one does need to choose sides, and sometimes things change so fast that its hard to tell one side from the other."
--George Abbot

Yutrzenika

Anonymous

Postby Yutrzenika » 07.22.10 1:52am

It's pretty good. XD

Vesko

Omega Metroid

Postby Vesko » 07.22.10 3:25am

Oh, yeah it's really good. I used to read it, now I'm more into Planet Zebeth. :P
' ' 'Image
' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' 'My blog: The Nav Room!

Doc Scratch

Omega Metroid

Postby Doc Scratch » 09.15.10 2:34am

I remember going about halfway through and giving up. The two sidekicks, Motherbrain's strange "I AM YOUR MOTHER" speech, and Samus' mental breakdown just took away any enjoyment I could get. Maybe it does get better; from the comments here, it really sounds like it does. I just cannot give a damn until I feel an urge to read it.

I will say, however, that the beginning part on Samus' colony when it's attacked is very well-done.
Suckers.

Subach

Egg

Postby Subach » 09.19.10 11:52am

Both the art and story were very good. The depth of Samus's character development shown in the manga surprised me, I loved watching Samus transform from traumatized little girl into a the legendary bounty hunter she is in the games. Her relationship with the Chozo, Mother Brain, and Ridley were all well expanded on as well.
It's not flawless, Kreatz and Mauk were cool and all, but they were both underdeveloped, and I don't think Adam was given enough time, though nonetheless, the manga did a good job showing why Samus respects him. The action scenes were also messy, sometimes there was simply too much going on at once, I had to look at them a while to understand what was going on.

My favorite part was definitely Samus's final showdown with Ridley. The way Samus ignores Ridley's attempts to prey on her fears, and then completely freaks him out with her own battle prowess while throwing his own taunts back into his face was satisfying.
Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Mauk again, as his scene in the last chapter upgrades him immediately from cool sidekick to HOLY CRAP AWESOME.

Venomaniac

Metroid

Postby Venomaniac » 11.01.10 7:07pm

While this definitely had some issues, the core ideas were VERY bsolid with some great moments, and should definitely be accepted as canon imo :thumbsup:
My favorite aspect of Metroid: the MYTHOLOGY

Will Keaton

Omega Metroid

Postby Will Keaton » 03.28.11 6:40pm

I was just reading through bits of this again and I can't for the life of me figure out what happened to Old Bird. When Samus and co. arrive on Zebes they find a recording made by Old Bird warning them about space pirates but after that I can't find any indication of Old Bird at all. Was he killed offscreen shortly after making his recording or did I accidentaly skip over a page where something was explained?
Everyone dies. It is the final and only lasting Justice - Boba Fett

ChozoBoy

Gamma Metroid

Postby ChozoBoy » 03.30.11 5:06am

Old Bird's first appearance is at a later date, during the events of Super Metroid (in the comic adaptation of this). So yeah, he's still alive as of that point.

Return to “%s” Comics/Manga Discussions