What is this?

Discuss anything related to Metroid comics and manga in here!
sharonlover

MDB Staff - Social Media Editor

What is this?

Postby sharonlover » 01.05.09 7:42pm

I found this on yahoo auctions japan....

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b95576525
"Life is war, humans are the casualty"
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

Ketsueki

Gamma Metroid

Re: What is this?

Postby Ketsueki » 01.05.09 8:07pm

I got an exemplary of it many months ago ^_^.

It's a japanese Metroid FDS guide.

for others (japaneses guides/games, osts, figures, paper ads, nds keychains, eraser figure fds, and other very rare metroid things) look at this : http://www.rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=htt ... at=0&apg=1

I often buy on yahoo japan about Metroid japanese goods.

I recently got metroid movie cell on ebay (from this : http://mdb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/mp ... erreel.jpg ) > link auction :
- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0294605691
- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0286227786

and metroid prime hunter soda jones ( like here : http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resource ... fberry.jpg ).

i will take many pictures if you want !

sharonlover

Postby sharonlover » 01.06.09 7:59am

pictures would be good for the mdb in general. Check out the seperate merchandise areas of the MDb website and if you have something not shown, let Capcom know so he can arrange to get a pic added ^_^

thanks for the info. I thought that is what that was because they called it a 'capture book' in the translation which usually means a guide when it comes to video games.

a picture of the movie cell would be awesome. I'd love to get my hands on that reel too though ;) that would be collectable right there
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 01.06.09 10:41am

for the record:
    Cap went to Japan and won't be back for at least another month. Hopefully he'll nab some awesome Metroid-related swag while he's over there.
    I contribute/add pages and pics to their respective sections on the MDb just as much (if not more) than Cap does.
    Why does no one submit shit like this to the MDb more often!? z-_-'
    All 3 Samus and Joey comics! God would I have loved to win that one. :cry:
    Anyone notice how extremely badass the cover ofthat MZM guide was?
    Still wish I could own that Japanese ZSS figure... not willing to pay that much though.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

sharonlover

Postby sharonlover » 01.06.09 10:56am

those 'joey' manga are always showing up on japan auctions as well as ebay state side for pretty cheap. I got all three of them just gotta find time to get them scanned in and such. One my future projects that's on the table soon as I find me a new translator
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 01.06.09 12:10pm

Well, if you do find a translator, ask him/her to translate the Hunters doujin! ;) I'd be more than willing to pop the english on the 16 pages.

EDIT: OMG! Super disgustingly uber-cute chibi Kraid and Ridley on the back cover of that guide!
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

Ketsueki

Gamma Metroid

Postby Ketsueki » 01.07.09 11:17am

joey ? do you speak about the comic with samus and a little boy (in three volumes) ?

i also got it but i prefer my two mzm volumes ^_^.

i will take many pictures of cells today.

Ketsueki

Gamma Metroid

sharonlover

Postby sharonlover » 01.08.09 6:17am

those are pretty awesome. I guess that would be second best to actually having the movie reel ^_^

and as for the super cute kraid/ridley....only makes you wonder whats IN the book now :P Maybe when I save up some money i'll break down and get it.
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

Ketsueki

Gamma Metroid

Postby Ketsueki » 01.08.09 10:45am

do you have an known intermediary to order on yahoo japan or do you use intermediarys like on rinkya website ?

sharonlover

Postby sharonlover » 01.08.09 11:53am

my stuff comes from snoopy when I really need something, but I haven't used him in a long time.....haven't bought anything in a long time for that matter :P
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 01.17.09 7:40pm

Yeah, there are actually two Famicom guides. I haven't added pics to the library, but the second guide has an AWESOME illustration on the cover. I'll try and upload that sometime. One of the MDb users, VGM Studios, said he would be scanning the guides among other things, but I didn't hear anything from him yet.

Submissions are ALWAYS appreciated though! If anybody's got the strategy guides, please send us some scans!

The film cells look like stills taken from the film reel. I've got a couple copies of it somewhere - it was actually the commercial trailer played in film theaters.

It's difficult to find good Metroid things in Japan. Super Metroid is very common and relatively inexpensive, but I already had that. The FDS Metroid you can find some places, too, but I didn't see a need to get it as I would have no way of playing it. Didn't know where to find old manga either. I also hear the shops in Osaka are cheaper than Akihabara (which was pretty overpriced, though still cheaper than e-bay US).

It's best to get things from Japan via YJA, but you need someone trustworthy in Japan who can order things for you and ship them. Otherwise, you just don't take a plane ticket to Japan just to buy stuff.
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 01.27.09 6:14pm

CapCom wrote:Yeah, there are actually two Famicom guides. I haven't added pics to the library, but the second guide has an AWESOME illustration on the cover. I'll try and upload that sometime. One of the MDb users, VGM Studios, said he would be scanning the guides among other things, but I didn't hear anything from him yet.

Submissions are ALWAYS appreciated though! If anybody's got the strategy guides, please send us some scans!

The film cells look like stills taken from the film reel. I've got a couple copies of it somewhere - it was actually the commercial trailer played in film theaters.

It's difficult to find good Metroid things in Japan. Super Metroid is very common and relatively inexpensive, but I already had that. The FDS Metroid you can find some places, too, but I didn't see a need to get it as I would have no way of playing it. Didn't know where to find old manga either. I also hear the shops in Osaka are cheaper than Akihabara (which was pretty overpriced, though still cheaper than e-bay US).

It's best to get things from Japan via YJA, but you need someone trustworthy in Japan who can order things for you and ship them. Otherwise, you just don't take a plane ticket to Japan just to buy stuff.

Im working on it! Im working on it! z-_-'
Ill get you those scans as SOON as they are done! Promise! :cool:
As for the "amoung other things" Ya thats another project I need to get going as well. Iv photoshoped most of my TShirts. Ill get you those scans when I can. Been busy with other things.

VGM out...

VGM out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

Return to “%s” Comics/Manga Discussions