The Official "Samus & Joey" Manga Thread

Discuss anything related to Metroid comics and manga in here!
GeneralGM

Alpha Metroid

The Official "Samus & Joey" Manga Thread

Postby GeneralGM » 01.18.09 3:01am

*EDITED by Sharonlover*

Please use this post to discuss the Samus and Joey manga. It helps us gauge interest and stir up some new discussion :)

*End of Edit*

http://cgi.ebay.com/METROID-SAMUSU-JOY- ... 1|294%3A50

was browsing though ebay and found another comic that's named Samus & Joy.
Also I saw the rare ZSS 2004 Yugin figure on there for 499.99....geez...

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Re: Samus & Joy Comic

Postby CapCom » 01.21.09 9:26pm

Yeah, we've known about this but don't have anyone who is scanning it atm. It's probably not any good.

The Yujin figure is ridiculously overpriced, same with the Joyride figure, which was a pile of crap. You could import them for $50 when they first came out, and sometimes you can see them on YJA for like 2000y (about $25). Buying something off YJA from outside of Japan though - that's not easy, and middle men usually make it not worth it.
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

GeneralGM

Alpha Metroid

Postby GeneralGM » 01.21.09 11:21pm

CapCom wrote:Yeah, we've known about this but don't have anyone who is scanning it atm. It's probably not any good.

The Yujin figure is ridiculously overpriced, same with the Joyride figure, which was a pile of crap. You could import them for $50 when they first came out, and sometimes you can see them on YJA for like 2000y (about $25). Buying something off YJA from outside of Japan though - that's not easy, and middle men usually make it not worth it.

LOL, seriously. I'll keep an eye out for more things, I've seen some custom made metroid stuff around on ebay jp. Most of the custom models are crap but there are some one of a kind items on there.

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 02.19.09 5:39pm

CapCom wrote:Yeah, we've known about this but don't have anyone who is scanning it atm.

Are you serious? Why did you tell me. I will see what I can do for ya. No promises though.

VGM out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

ChozoBoy

Gamma Metroid

sharonlover

MDB Staff - Social Media Editor

Postby sharonlover » 02.20.09 6:14am

I've got all three volumes of the manga, it's just finding the time to do that.
"Life is war, humans are the casualty"
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

Ketsueki

Gamma Metroid

Postby Ketsueki » 02.21.09 8:27pm

Theses volumes are on yahoo japan, for average 50% of this price (2000 yens, or 20$).

exemple : http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d83689912

Oh, i got the yujin many years ago, for 60$ :p

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 02.23.09 10:58pm

Yeah, the trouble is, finding somebody who can buy YJA auctions. I don't have anyone that reliable. Though I DO have quite a few yens left, hehe. BTW, that yujin figure also shows up once in awhile on YJA, often for less than $50.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 02.24.09 5:53pm

I can buy YJA auctions. and I would do just about anything for you CapCom. haha Ok that does sound bad but you know I am reliable.
Im not sure but did I or didnt I mention this before?? You know about the deputy service I use...

I have the mangas. I jest need to find a way to scan them. the one at work is off limits now! :(

VGM out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 02.25.09 9:37pm

Dang! Was that because you used it for something...?

I know about your deputy service. But that's not good for me because that makes it too expensive. It would be a cinch if I had a friend in Japan who was reliable - just send them the yen and they'd send me the stuff. That simple. With a deputy, they want to charge you fees for bidding as well as currency conversion. So won't work for me!

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

ChozoBoy

Gamma Metroid

Postby ChozoBoy » 12.29.09 12:12am

Great job, guys! Samus was pretty badass in this. (SHE SNATCHED A FREAKING BULLET FIRED AT A HOSTAGE IN POINT BLANK RANGE FROM THE AIR WITH HER LEFT HAND!)

Some of those pirates looked like the chameleon enemies in MOM. I'm curious to see where this story will go. :D
Last edited by ChozoBoy on 12.29.09 5:50pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quadraxis

Zeta Metroid

Re: The Official "Samus & Joey" Manga Thread

Postby Quadraxis » 12.29.09 8:18am

Okay, I'd have to say that this manga is pretty...interesting. Not a fan of the character designs(except for the pirates, they are actually pretty cool). And thank god they didn't mess up Samus's character. She is pretty inhumanly badass in this.
But that kid seriously gets on my nerves. There is a way to make a character like that but still not make them annoying.
Witch King: No man can slay me! Mine is an evil laugh!
Eowyn: Behold my vagina!
Witch King: * dies *

ChozoBoy

Gamma Metroid

Postby ChozoBoy » 12.29.09 10:10am

By the way people were talking about this manga, I was expecting something much worse. The Joey character seems to be going somewhere because, as Samus noted, the enemy was targeting him. In addition, he was trying to separate him from her and the whole attack on a frontier planet aspect. This will presumably tie into his father at a later chapter.

The timeline isn't completely clear, yet. It says it is several years after one of the raids on Zebes, but it also ties to SM. It may lead into that story or follow it.

sharonlover

MDB Staff - Social Media Editor

Postby sharonlover » 12.29.09 10:28am

ChozoBoy wrote:By the way people were talking about this manga, I was expecting something much worse.

The timeline isn't completely clear, yet. It says it is several years after one of the raids on Zebes, but it also ties to SM. It may lead into that story or follow it.

Yeah there were people who originally were talking about how horrible it had to be because there was a kid there. So far, I've been pretty impressed. I've looked over the rest of the manga (at least the first volume) and the last chapter should give us a pretty good idea of where the timeline is (hopefully, I didn't translate any of it) as it talks about other events in the Metroid Timeline. The anticipation is killing you now isn't it :phazon:
"Life is war, humans are the casualty"
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 12.29.09 4:23pm

I like how Samus just doesn't give a shit about anything.

"Hey, you still alive?"

Lol.

I know I wouldn't care if someone like Joey got in MY way. I am never a huge fan of the "GOTTA BE STRONG I WANNA BE STRONG MY PA WAS STRONG" types,even though I KNOW he's going to be strong later in the story.

Still, Samus' cavalier attitude was the best thing about Vol. 1. I hope they keep that up.

Because some of these folks are kinda silly.
must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

Return to “%s” Comics/Manga Discussions