Echoes Manga

Discuss anything related to Metroid comics and manga in here!
BlazeOfFire

Egg

Echoes Manga

Postby BlazeOfFire » 09.10.09 4:02pm

Is the MDb crew looking to tackle this one any time soon? The Joey has my interest too, mostly due to the fact that the general internet knows nothing about it, including when it takes place.

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Re: Echoes Manga

Postby Infinity's End » 09.10.09 5:05pm

One of these days I should be getting a copy of the Samus & Joey manga to scan and *possibly* translate.
As far as the Echoes manga goes, we will probably not translate it due to the quality of the images we have found as well as it being incomplete. Until we can find either actual versions of the real manga to scan and then translate ourselves, or higher quality scans elsewhere on the internet, what you see is what you get.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 09.10.09 6:59pm

Wow, i didn't even know an Echoes manga existed....

I wonder if there's a cool Ing picture I could snag.... hmmmmmm....
must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 09.10.09 7:56pm

Emperor Ing wrote:Wow, i didn't even know an Echoes manga existed....

I wonder if there's a cool Ing picture I could snag.... hmmmmmm....

Clearly, since no one browses through our site... :roll:
The manga has been up there for months over a year. And as far as we know, only goes through the first few hours of MP2.

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 09.10.09 8:29pm

I read the SM comic (good ol' classic right there), and the Zero Mission Manga (hmmmm), but yeah, I wasn't aware we had more stuff up there.
must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

sharonlover

MDB Staff - Social Media Editor

Postby sharonlover » 09.11.09 6:40am

I have the entirety of Joey, and was planning on making it one of the ones I was going to work next; however, I'm having a problem finding a translator, and last time I tried to do another manga (the 1986 guide) it was completed before I even got halfway through mine, so I just scrapped my project. Same thing would likely happen to this one as well, so I said screw it....i'll let someone else do it.

no sense in me wasting my resources when I know it's gonna get eaten up anyway :P
"Life is war, humans are the casualty"
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 09.11.09 8:43am

if you have S&J already scanned, we'd be more than happy to host them.

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 09.11.09 9:09am

Again: THE ECHOES MANGA IS AT LEAST THREE ISSUES LONG. The issues we have are July and August, 2005. It is continued at least through September, but I have a feeling they cover through December as part of the advertising/tie-in campaign. It is in Comic Bom Bom, published by Kodansha.

I've seen a few pages from S&J. I didn't have any interest in translating it after seeing those pages as it looks like a cross between Metroid and Digimon. It's another kid's manga though, so shouldn't be too difficult (just expect a ton of slang). I would, however, like to see all the pages online as nobody knows anything about it, and then maybe people would stop charging $50 for the set on e-bay.

The Pirates dojin I'm not terribly interested in, either, mainly because I hate the game and am not interested in what is essentially fanfiction. This has advanced-level writing and so would be up there with the Metroid Manga in terms of difficulty (I started the first page and then quit :P).

If we get the full Echoes manga, I might give it a crack. The Japanese looks fairly easy, and I was surprised I was able to read a few pages without a dictionary, so it might be kind of fun so long as I don't start to tear my hair out. But there's no point in trying to read kanji in small, dirty scans - you only waste your time.

SL, the strategy guide manga is definitely worth your time looking at (and any other Japanese students with a Metroid interest), at least for a quick flip-through. It's a good test of how much Japanese you know because many of the words are simple. There's only about a couple dozen 'unusual' terms that are used, and if you know those it's much easier to read. I had intended to make a list of vocabulary. Can be fun to read aloud, too, which is good practice for speaking :) You're just in Japanese 2, right? I'd say you should be at a good level either at the end of 2 or after 3 to read most. Just check the translation or someone else for parts you have trouble with, as there is some weird sentence structure in a few places.
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

ChozoBoy

Gamma Metroid

Postby ChozoBoy » 09.11.09 9:19am

Yeah, I'd love to see these!

SL, I'd be interested in taking a look at what you've got with the manga. I think it is interesting to compare translations, and we try to link to as many versions as possible on the Wikitroid articles for manga, to keep them neutral (even though we do use the MDb versions of anything not released in English as the "most official" names).

sharonlover

Postby sharonlover » 09.11.09 11:01am

I should get some time in the near future (especially since Snoopy is MIA from snoopycool) to scan in Samus and Joey. If I'm really bored, I may end up cleaning some pages while looking for a translator.

I'm going into my 3rd beginner Japanese class next week. This isn't a college class so it moves at a slower rate, but even so, I've picked up a japanese pokemon book and was able to get the jist of what was going on in them. I've started ahead of the class by beginning memorization of Kanji and have about 20 down at the moment and growing weekly. I've got my hiragana/katakana down so anything with furigana should be too hard.

If I was too try to translate S&J it would be a while, but I can at least get the scans out there soon so they can be posted for viewing. If I can find a decent translator, I may look into getting it scanlated, but that's in the air right now. We'll see what interest holds.
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 09.11.09 10:22pm

ive been searching for the Echoes Manga but I simply can not find those issues anywhere!!
I found a site with info about those issues and whats in them but not the issues themselves.

If only i knew about it when it came out. I would of bought them and scanned them already.

VGM out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

ChozoBoy

Gamma Metroid

sharonlover

Postby sharonlover » 09.12.09 8:06am

VGMStudios wrote:ive been searching for the Echoes Manga but I simply can not find those issues anywhere!!
I found a site with info about those issues and whats in them but not the issues themselves.

If only i knew about it when it came out. I would of bought them and scanned them already.

VGM out...

did they happen to have the ISBN's listed for the manga? or the magazine they premiered in (comic bonbon?) We could track them down with that. So if anyone gets them to me, post them and I can put my wife on a search for it with her japanese contacts.
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 09.12.09 9:26am

And what, praytell, is this site? I know a 'manga expert' in Japan who might know how to track one down.

I'm going into my 3rd beginner Japanese class next week. This isn't a college class so it moves at a slower rate, but even so, I've picked up a japanese pokemon book and was able to get the jist of what was going on in them.

Excellent! Yeah, with that you should be able to get a good idea of what's going on in some other kids' manga as well. Once you have the basic sentence structures, then it becomes much easier. I would suggest reading these aloud too, just to get used to putting Japanese on your tongue :)
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 09.12.09 4:41pm

K hope this works.
The translated site is here:
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... ust.com%2F

the Metroid manga goes to the Oct issue. So there are 4 issues not 3.
If you want the original address its:
http://bombom.villgust.com/

I have been using that to try and track down these issues.

VGM out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

Return to “%s” Comics/Manga Discussions