Harry Potter and Metroid Manga

Discuss anything related to Metroid comics and manga in here!
josewiisantos

Metroid

Harry Potter and Metroid Manga

Postby josewiisantos » 09.14.09 2:48am

You know when I was reading the Manga I couldn't help but notice a lot of similarities between the Harry Potter Series and The metroid series. The First, Harry Potter's parents are killed after Voldemort tries to Kill Harry. However Voldemort loses all of his powers and in return also creates his most feared enemy Harry Potter. Samus' parents sacrifice them selves to destroy Ridley before he could kill Samus, Ridley survives but he's weak and also shapes Samus to become his most powerful enemy. Second, Voldemort returns to full power thanks to Potter's blood after surviving the Curse that Potter's Mom created the day he killed her. Ridley comes back thanks to the corpses that were left behind in the planet the day Samus' parents died. (the similarity is that They both came back thanks to the blood of the people that almost destroyed them, because Samus mom's body was among them or so is believed). Another would be Old Bird he reminds me of Dumbledore, and Grey Voice reminds me of Snape. If you have not read the last potter book skip this! it would be much better to watch on the cinema instead when it happens. [spoiler]Grey Voice and Snape are alike because they both die for the hero, but the entire time you believe they disliked or pretended to dislike them. However at the end they both turn out to be like a dad to them but both Potter and Samus don't know this until it is too late.ANyway it turns out that they both care too much about them. Also at one point they both pretend to be on the bad guy's side. Grey Voice is on ridley's side when Samus gets to the cave but later tries to destroy motherbrain and turns out to have been the plan all along and died. Same with Snape I won't give away too much for those that havent seen it and are still reading this spoiler![/spoiler]. Harry and Samus both were outstanding at certain things during school or training a lot of it having to do with power given to them by their enemies. Powers that the enemy did not intend to give them, when Ridley killed the Aran's the Chozo had no choice but take Samus with them and then injecting her with their DNA. That DNA gave her special abilities, just like What Voldemort did by giving Potter that famous lightning scar he transfer some of his powers to him. Thus they created and shaped their enemy. There are probably a lot more so feel free to list more similarities, remember I'm not saying J.K Rowling copied the manga on anyway they are just minor similaries that can be found in many other stories I just chose to compare those two.

Oh yea and Riddle (Voldemort) sounds a lot like Ridley. Also Dead eaters (Voldemort's followers) are like the pirates. Samus went to rescue the chozo with the help of her 2 friends I guess that can a weak similarity to the Potter Trio. Obviously I am bored! x_x
youtube.com/josewiisantos

Lazarius

Super Metroid

Re: Harry Potter and Metroid Manga

Postby Lazarius » 09.14.09 3:26am

Those aren't so much similarities between Potter and Metroid, as much as they're just generic plot lines. And Snape/Grey voice is a weak comparison, as is Voldemort imprinting on Harry and Samus getting Chozo DNA.

josewiisantos

Metroid

Postby josewiisantos » 09.14.09 4:50am

Lazarius wrote:Those aren't so much similarities between Potter and Metroid, as much as they're just generic plot lines. And Snape/Grey voice is a weak comparison, as is Voldemort imprinting on Harry and Samus getting Chozo DNA.

well there you go then

sharonlover

MDB Staff - Social Media Editor

Postby sharonlover » 09.14.09 6:25am

I think you're looking a little too much into it. You could compare Metroid with quite a few series and come out with the same conclusions. As Laz said, their general plot lines. I wouldn't try focusing on comparing series that have generalities in common.
"Life is war, humans are the casualty"
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

josewiisantos

Metroid

Postby josewiisantos » 09.14.09 2:57pm

I don't think you guys are read this right?

remember I'm not saying J.K Rowling copied the manga on anyway they are just minor similaries that can be found in many other stories I just chose to compare those two.

Lazarius

Super Metroid

Postby Lazarius » 09.14.09 7:58pm

I read it, but that's not the point. There really just aren't any real similarities between the two.
Last edited by Lazarius on 09.15.09 1:23am, edited 1 time in total.

josewiisantos

Metroid

Postby josewiisantos » 09.14.09 11:06pm

x_x

sharonlover

Postby sharonlover » 09.15.09 9:59am

josewiisantos wrote:x_x

please refrain from one word posts or icon posts like that.
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

ChozoBoy

Gamma Metroid

josewiisantos

Metroid

Postby josewiisantos » 09.17.09 12:44am

ChozoBoy wrote:I can see it... I've always thought it was more in line with something like Batman, though.

i dont know much about batman (only watched the 90's cartoon)

Lazarius

Super Metroid

Postby Lazarius » 09.17.09 4:34am

josewiisantos wrote:i dont know much about batman

GET THE FUCK OUT.

sharonlover

Postby sharonlover » 09.17.09 6:52am

Lazarius wrote:
josewiisantos wrote:i dont know much about batman

GET THE FUCK OUT.

Knock it off Laz.

Not everyone is into everything else everyone else is into. I think for the purpose of this thread, we've come to the end of it's legitimate use.
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

Return to “%s” Comics/Manga Discussions