Where can i buy metroid manga

Discuss anything related to Metroid comics and manga in here!
big.bad.phazon.cat

Egg

Where can i buy metroid manga

Postby big.bad.phazon.cat » 08.14.11 2:08pm

i've searched every where :-? really even amazon z-_-'
Not every thing is what it seems,not even the smallest

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Re: Where can i buy metroid manga

Postby Emperor Ing » 08.14.11 2:57pm

I'm pretty sure it's an e-manga that exists only online.

Luckily, we have it all translated!

As for the other stuff, like Samus and Joey, and the Aether Episodes... those are only found with a thorough understanding of Japanese and knowing which out of the way place to look for... in Japan. So no translations there.

You're better off, really, just reading them on the MDB manga page we have on this site.
must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 08.14.11 3:06pm

Depends on what manga your looking for.
If you can give the type like series or name I'd might be able to help you. But as EI stated it well all be in Japanese.

Vgm out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 08.15.11 12:06am

What are you talking about. Yes you can buy it.
I own most of the metroid manga out there.

Silly goof. z:P

Vgm out...

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 08.16.11 9:52am

All of the comics and manga was available in print form. The first two chapters of Metroid were available as an e-manga, so you can check them out for free through the Japanese Metroid Fusion website. However, none of the manga was ever officially translated, so unless you can read Japanese or want a copy for your collection, there's not much point. Thankfully, every single one of these comics (except for the last chapter of Episode of Aether and most of the Samus & Joey series) are available for reading on the Metroid Database. But, if you want to know how to get them...

The Nintendo Power comics you can get by purchasing back-issues off eBay or Craig's List (I don't think Nintendo Power keeps issues that old anymore).

The Captain N comics you can also purchase used. The easiest one to come by is the Nintendo Comics Series collection book, which you should be able to get for around $15 once shipping is included. The rest are probably $15 an issue, but I've never checked, but most were reprinted in the above book. I would recommend this if you are interested in actually owning some comics.

Samus & Joey is in Japanese, three volumes. It's fairly expensive because it has to be imported, but easiest way to get it is through eBay. The Metroid manga (two volumes) seems less expensive now that it's been translated. For either of these sets you can expect to pay around $30-$50.

Samus & Joey EX and Episode of Aether are rare mangas printed in a monthly mangazine called Comic Bom Bom. It is available only in Japan and can only be purchased through used book stores or Yahoo Japan Auctions (which requires a Japanese mailing address and Japanese bank account). As a result, they are extremely expensive, close to $30 each for the cheapest issues once shipping is included.

The above holds true for the Metroid manga guide, but it's a single issue (still rare though). Usually sells for around 5000y (about $60 in today's current exchange rate).

The four-panel comics... You know, I never actually owned a copy of this. They used to be available online for about $50, but I haven't seen them in years. Today, I expect it costs more than that to get a copy. z:/
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 08.16.11 9:57am

Cap Im drawing a blank for some reason but what 4 panel comics are you talking about?

VGM out...

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 08.17.11 11:59pm

They are where your avatar was originally from, the Shonen Oh! manga:

http://www.metroid-database.com/manga/listing.php?vid=6
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

VGMStudios

Ridley

Postby VGMStudios » 08.18.11 7:52am

Oh ya!!! I totally forgot about those.. LOL.

thanks for the refresher.

VGM out...

Return to “%s” Comics/Manga Discussions