General Status of Manga

Discuss anything related to Metroid comics and manga in here!
TheAccursedHunter01

Zeta Metroid

General Status of Manga

Postby TheAccursedHunter01 » 06.28.13 4:15pm

Since it seems this section of the forum has been mostly dead for a good while. What's the deal with the manga that aren't completed such as Episode of Aether and Samus & Joey? Even if there is another section each individual manga series, I don't think there is a general gathering of info for all manga in one post if that makes any sense. So what is the general status of the unfinished manga unless it's just missing pages?

Miketroid

Gamma Metroid

Re: General Status of Manga

Postby Miketroid » 06.28.13 9:02pm

The last volume of Episode of Aether is missing, I'm pretty sure.
"Happiness is the only good. The time to happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so." - Robert Green Ingersoll

TheAccursedHunter01

Zeta Metroid

Postby TheAccursedHunter01 » 06.28.13 9:24pm

As far as I'm aware, the last chapter of Episode of Aether is missing as well as the last two chapters(I think) from Samus and Joey Volume 2, as well as all of volume 3. The Table of Contents for Samus & Joey lists more chapters than there are available to read so.....

Miketroid

Gamma Metroid

Postby Miketroid » 06.28.13 10:04pm

I couldn't tell you about Samus and Joey. I haven't bothered to read it. Is it any good?
"Happiness is the only good. The time to happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so." - Robert Green Ingersoll

TheAccursedHunter01

Zeta Metroid

Postby TheAccursedHunter01 » 06.28.13 10:08pm

Very, but you wouldn't expect that from it's appearance. Don't judge a book by its cover I suppose.

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 06.30.13 12:05pm

The Episode of Aether manga is missing the last chapter. This volume is VERY hard to find because the magazine changed the physical size that month, and as a result, circulation was less than half what it normally is. Couple this with the fact these magazines are now 8 years old and were meant to be tossed after being read... Well, it's not easy.

Samus & Joey was published in three volumes. After that, there was Metroid EX which continues the story from Volume 3 - there's about 12 more issues worth, and those were never collected into a single volume, so they are hard to track down. Currently, we are missing two chapters (I've bought the third we were missing but it's still in Japan). However, I may be able to get the two remaining chapters, but it is going to be a bit of work.

(And honestly, if anyone has the September 2004, December 2004, and January 2006 volumes of Comic Bom Bom or is still looking to collect the remaining volumes and wants to work something out, LMK.)

Currently, progress is being made on Chapter 10. I am working with the typesetter to standardize some things like fonts. Once those are done, the rest of Volume 2 shouldn't take too long. I understand it's been a year since we had Chapter 10 scanned, but a LOT of stuff happened in the past year, so scanlating a manga hasn't been a top priority.
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

TheAccursedHunter01

Zeta Metroid

Postby TheAccursedHunter01 » 06.30.13 1:33pm

The Episode of Aether manga is missing the last chapter. This volume is VERY hard to find because the magazine changed the physical size that month, and as a result, circulation was less than half what it normally is. Couple this with the fact these magazines are now 8 years old and were meant to be tossed after being read... Well, it's not easy.

Samus & Joey was published in three volumes. After that, there was Metroid EX which continues the story from Volume 3 - there's about 12 more issues worth, and those were never collected into a single volume, so they are hard to track down. Currently, we are missing two chapters (I've bought the third we were missing but it's still in Japan). However, I may be able to get the two remaining chapters, but it is going to be a bit of work.

(And honestly, if anyone has the September 2004, December 2004, and January 2006 volumes of Comic Bom Bom or is still looking to collect the remaining volumes and wants to work something out, LMK.)

Currently, progress is being made on Chapter 10. I am working with the typesetter to standardize some things like fonts. Once those are done, the rest of Volume 2 shouldn't take too long. I understand it's been a year since we had Chapter 10 scanned, but a LOT of stuff happened in the past year, so scanlating a manga hasn't been a top priority.
I understand CapCom, it's no problem at all. Shit happens, what are you gonna do? I'm just curious as to what's going on and wanted to get updated on the status queue, which I thank you for CapCom.

Return to “%s” Comics/Manga Discussions