Metroid Prime Trilogy Version Differences

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!

Moderator: Moderators

gigatravis

Zeta Metroid

Re: Metroid Prime Trilogy Version Differences

Postby gigatravis » 04.23.10 9:00pm

Amorbis's log book entries have been changed. In the original game, its forms were called Amorbis 1 and Amorbis 2. In Trilogy, they've been retitled Amorbis and Dark Amorbis.

1upD

Omega Metroid

Postby 1upD » 04.24.10 9:46am

gigatravis wrote:Amorbis's log book entries have been changed. In the original game, its forms were called Amorbis 1 and Amorbis 2. In Trilogy, they've been retitled Amorbis and Dark Amorbis.

I remember it as Amorbis 1, Amorbis 2, and Dark Amorbis in the Gamecube version. Odd.

Alex Lightstar

Egg

Postby Alex Lightstar » 04.28.11 1:28pm

I don't remember all of the various differences, though I know that there are quite a few. I did like the stuff at the beginning, such as Samus leaping off and her jetpack activating or a couple of more parasites. I also did like the spring ball addition into the game, as it has helped a lot with making being in the morph ball a lot more fun.

Though, some of the changes were ones that I did not like...namely some of the effects being taken out as well as sequence break opportunities being destroyed and finally, a new form of enemy being added in where I felt it did not belong.

Also, hello, I am new member just posting my opinion on this thread. I hope no one minds my text being put here.
Hello! I am new here! Please don't treat me bad.

HYRUL3

SA-X

Postby HYRUL3 » 04.28.11 3:14pm

What was the new form of enemy that you felt didn't belong?
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

Alex Lightstar

Egg

Postby Alex Lightstar » 04.28.11 6:41pm

In the Phazon Mines, the Fission Metroids being placed in there after getting the final suit. It just felt a bit strange to see them there and it made things harder there, but not in a good way.

HYRUL3

SA-X

Postby HYRUL3 » 04.28.11 6:43pm

Oh that's right.

I didn't really like the new attacks Ridley had, I didn't feel they added anything and the ground pound just kind of felt silly.
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

Alex Lightstar

Egg

Postby Alex Lightstar » 04.28.11 8:29pm

The attacks were okay. Honestly, he felt too easy as well (what with being able to hit him whenever he opened his mouth and all that). Well, he was still a challenge I suppose, but not even nearly the same challenge.

HYRUL3

SA-X

Postby HYRUL3 » 04.28.11 9:00pm

Yeah, he's definitely not as hard. Then again I was so used to killing him with the Gamecube Controls that the Wii version would've been a lot easier either way.

Alex Lightstar

Egg

Postby Alex Lightstar » 04.29.11 3:31pm

Agreed. Still, it's like the Ganon fight in OOT...easy, but it sure feels epic. The atmosphere, the music, and just knowing that you are fighting Samus' arch nemesis (he is even more so than any other primary boss that she ever fights)...it's epic.

HYRUL3

SA-X

Postby HYRUL3 » 04.29.11 7:14pm

Very true. The only fight that topped that one was against Metroid Prime (both forms).

Alex Lightstar

Egg

Postby Alex Lightstar » 04.29.11 9:01pm

...eh, sure the Metroid Prime thing was alright, but I did not find it to be that epic. What was more epic was the fights against Dark Samus which came about later on.

HYRUL3

SA-X

Postby HYRUL3 » 04.30.11 12:31am

Strangely enough, I didn't really like the battles against Dark Samus. The arenas were far too small and she just kind of danced around.

I preferred Metroid Prime's fight because they kept hinting at this monstrosity, and you finally get in there and it instantly attacks. The second form was fantastic, and the music really made me feel like it was vital I killed that thing.

1upD

Omega Metroid

Postby 1upD » 04.30.11 9:45am

HYRUL3 wrote:Strangely enough, I didn't really like the battles against Dark Samus. The arenas were far too small and she just kind of danced around.

I preferred Metroid Prime's fight because they kept hinting at this monstrosity, and you finally get in there and it instantly attacks. The second form was fantastic, and the music really made me feel like it was vital I killed that thing.

I know what you mean. I love how they put in that iconic tune from the original Metroid theme.

On the other hand, I felt more or less that way about all of the bosses in the Metroid Prime trilogy. <3 That's part of what makes it such an epic series.

HYRUL3

SA-X

Postby HYRUL3 » 04.30.11 11:03am

It's true. Once you get past all of the minor bosses it's fantastic. It's the series that has made me judge games not only by their gameplay, level of fun, graphics, and story, but also the bosses. Bosses should have a lot of "epic" sewn into them.

Alex Lightstar

Egg

Postby Alex Lightstar » 04.30.11 6:14pm

Bosses should have epic sewn into them. It can be hard to find the epic in some of those bosses, though.

Also, a boss can be easy as long as the atmosphere is amazing and you actually feel like you're doing something awesome. Most of Metroid does that...heck most Nintendo games do a fantastic job of that, though I have only seen a few other games who have epic bosses that are really worth mentioning.

PreviousNext

Return to Metroid Prime