Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / for Nintendo 3DS discussion

Discuss the Super Smash Bros. games, and coordinate matches with online Brawlers here!

Moderator: Moderators

Naner

Dark Samus

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / for Nintendo 3DS discussion

Postby Naner » 05.10.11 6:41am

EDIT: Sakurai confirmed those are the official titles (ugh).

Recently, I've been hyping out about a new Super Smash Bros. game with my friends. So here are some of the ideas we came up with:

Custom Soundtrack - I believe that could be an easily-implemented feature, at least for custom stages.

Improved Stage Builder - It could add more basic elements that already appear in the regular stages, and add stuff like water or lava instead of a hole. It could also have an online database full of items for you to download and use in your stages.

Toon Zelda/Tetra - There were already code pieces of her in Brawl, so she's likely to show up this time around.

Paper Mario - He could have a move where he turns around and becomes invisible while standing still.

Bowser Jr. - That paintbrush of his would make a nice weapon.

Someone from Fire Emblem who doesn't use a sword - A spear, maybe?

Ryu (Ninja Gaiden) - Also likely to appear, considering Nintendo's current partnership with Team Ninja.

A Samurai Warrior - If we have a ninja, we need a samurai.

Two-layer Stage - We thought of something like a Donkey Kong stage where a barrel appears sometimes and allows you to play in the background of the stage. It had to be something eventual, though, or the whole fight would be layer-swapping.

So, what ideas do you have for the next Smash Bros. game? What do you think of the previously posted ones?

EDIT: I changed the topic name because I really don't like that 4. Keep in mind Universe is only a rumored title.
Last edited by Naner on 06.14.13 7:38am, edited 3 times in total.
Tianna wrote:Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

kronoridley

Kraid

Re: Super Smash Bros. 4 - Rumors, Speculation and Hype

Postby kronoridley » 05.10.11 7:20am

I like the Custom soundtrack idea. Especially when you consider how bad most of the remixes they did sounded like. x_x

What I would like is for Rundas to be a playable character. You could even use his PED as his final smash.

I would also like for them to add Midna and Metal Sonic to be playable characters as well.

Schrau wrote:Bear in mind that most Metroid games (especially the Primes) are survival horror.

At least from the perspective of the Space Pirates.

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 05.10.11 7:40am

Some of the remixes were pretty cool, some just got annoying after a while... The best songs were the ones that were just better-sounding versions of the original ones, I think.

Another character I think would be cool would be a whole Pokémon evolution chain: you start off as the first stage, and, for every F-Smash you get, you evolve for the rest of the game or until you die. There are some flaws there, like what would happen if the 3rd stage got an F-Smash, but I still think it would be a nice gameplay idea.

Also, I'd love it if they made a really good story with really good gameplay but still maintaining that dialog-less cutscene style from Subspace Emissary in adventure mode.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Luke Aran

Gamma Metroid

Postby Luke Aran » 05.10.11 7:49am

Epic smash that kills everything on-screen... Duh. Also, the stage builder should have hazards....like ridley flying through and killing players. And looping, so I can finally make that clone of generator c's boss fight in MP3 ;)
Maybe have space pirates and the like as playables?
"It is a beautiful thing when two strangers become friends, and a very sad thing indeed when two friends become strangers"~Anonymous

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 05.10.11 7:53am

I'd like it if there was a stage that was completely free-fall. The whole combat would be aerial, and you wouldn't have to land to jump and B-up again (duh).

And I think Space Pirates don't go well as playable, but maybe as assist trophies. Maybe a bounty hunter from Hunters or Corruption?

Also, I think that adventure mode should have more classic landscapes, enemies and boss. Mother Brain and Vaati for bosses. Death Mountain, something Galaxy-ish, Skytown and others as environments. And more regular Nintendo enemies instead of 45393354 variations of a Primid. Subspace only did it right in the first few stages, that had Goombas and Koopas.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

kronoridley

Kraid

Postby kronoridley » 05.10.11 8:31am

A game that has Samus fighting characters like Mario with a good story? That is kinda like asking for the "perfect" game console: It ain't gonna happen. (Unless Ridley kills everyone except for Kirby and Link :awesome: )

Schrau wrote:Bear in mind that most Metroid games (especially the Primes) are survival horror.

At least from the perspective of the Space Pirates.

Luke Aran

Gamma Metroid

Postby Luke Aran » 05.10.11 9:26am

Tourian and brinstar would be good in adventure. Super metroid style!!
"It is a beautiful thing when two strangers become friends, and a very sad thing indeed when two friends become strangers"~Anonymous

DarkMetroid

Zeta Metroid

Postby DarkMetroid » 05.10.11 12:05pm

If there's gonna be a Tourian, I want my Rinkas, Zebetites and Mother Brain as an assist trophy.

kthx
"Of course, missiles are off-limits." -Samus Aran
"The last Metroid is in captivity, the Galaxy is at peace..." -Dan Owsen
"Metroids are not pets. Metroids are not target practice." -Space Pirate Logs

RIDLEY WILL END YOU!

Egg

Postby RIDLEY WILL END YOU! » 05.10.11 10:05pm

Dark Samus as a playable character is something I would lose my shit over.

Her final smash could be like summoning Aurora Unit 313 and just flying around the screen, killing everyone you touch, kinda like Super Sonic. :dark:

DarkMetroid

Zeta Metroid

Postby DarkMetroid » 05.10.11 10:07pm

Except that Super Sonic does not kill anything you touch, it damages it.

I suppose it could be that Shinespark-like move from MP2: Echoes.

TheBlackCat

Omega Metroid

Postby TheBlackCat » 05.12.11 1:59pm

Please no more Mario or Zelda characters. There are enough of those already.
Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor.
-NASA in 1965

Zeroº

Ridley

Postby Zeroº » 05.12.11 4:36pm

I demand that both Tingle and a Redead be playable characters.
I demand Simon Belmont or Alucard, or any Castlevania character for that matter.
I demand a playable fake Kraid from Super.
I don't demand, but think it'd be kinda neat, to have a playable Ford from Conduit.
I think a slightly customizable Monster Hunter character would be kinda neat.
Choogle must be an assist trophy or something similar.
The fight with the lava Flaaghra monster in Other M should be a stage.
The Phantoon fight in Other M should be a stage.
As much as a I like Zelda/Sheik as a playable character, it would be neat to see her combined with Link in a tag-team kind of role. You play as Link, but Zelda pops up at a button press (or meter charge) and launches some magic at a foe.
Phaaze should be a stage. (Constant damage to all players the entire match.)
Dark Aether should have a stage. (Same as above.)
The Queen Metroid battle from Other M should be a stage.
There should be a Maridia stage from Super that allows characters to break the tube and flood the arena.
Each player should be able to pick up to 2 or 3 characters and employ a tag-team type battle for ultimate frenetic fighting.
The Speedbooster should be a power-up. It would allow characters to charge up a Shinespark to unleash on other characters and to destroy parts of the arena.
There should be some original characters and stages made specifically for the game.
Ridley, if not made a full-blown character by this point, should definitely be made into an assist trophy.
Mega Man characters should join the roster.
Mega Man stages should join the list.
Bomber Man should be in the game in some capacity.
A Final Fantasy character or two should join the fray. Preferably from FFIV or VI.
If the tag-team system is employed, then Yoshi should be ridable by others on his team.
Birdo should be playable.
Tron Bonne and other Mega Man Legends characters should be playable.

...That's all for now. (More of a wishlist than anything else, sorry.)
ImageImage
X-Ray Scope Acquired!

DarkMetroid

Zeta Metroid

Postby DarkMetroid » 05.12.11 7:05pm

Zeroº wrote:Phaaze should be a stage. (Constant damage to all players the entire match.)
Dark Aether should have a stage. (Same as above.)[/color]

Dark Aether having a Light Beacons for protection like Norfair in SMBB?

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 05.12.11 8:49pm

Zeroº wrote:There should be some original characters and stages made specifically for the game.

I was thinking about that. First off, we already have original stages. Battlefield and Final Destination, for example, as well as Pictochat. With characters, we have R.O.B. and Mr. Game and Watch. I wouldn't like characters original and exclusive to the game. However...

What I think would be very, very awesome is this: The next Smash Bros., according to all logic, will have an update system that allows you to download new stages and characters, maybe even items and other stuff. So, by using that, Nintendo can give players peeks of upcoming games. Like, say, releasing a completely new character or scenario in Smash Bros. before even announcing the game. With that, players can speculate tons about stuff. Maybe even give the character/stage a ? logo, instead of the series' regular logo, so you can only guess where it's from, and then updating it after we have concrete information about it.

Basically, I want an even more mysterious and interesting way of announcing games. And it's happened in Smash Bros. before. Remember how Melee led to a North-American release of Fire Emblem? Or how Brawl resurrected Pit before the announcement of Kid Icarus: Uprising? It's basically the same line of thought.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 05.12.11 8:54pm

Luke Aran wrote:Epic smash that kills everything on-screen... Duh. Also, the stage builder should have hazards....like ridley flying through and killing players. And looping, so I can finally make that clone of generator c's boss fight in MP3 ;)
Maybe have space pirates and the like as playables?

So, you want Brawl, but even worse?

Can they just make a Smash game that's not hella-unbalanced, like Brawl was?

No more stages that kill you. That's not fun.
No more final smashes as they were. Instant-kills that ruin the flow of the match are not fun.
Assist trophies are just glorified pokeballs, and they really don't add much to the game.
The physics in Brawl sucks. I'm sick of moving around tanks that float like feathers.
No more air combat bullshit. It's stupid.
No more chain-grabs.

I kinda went into the topic expecting to hear rumors of Smash 4. Disappointed.
Hiroshi Mishima wrote:must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

Next

Return to Super Smash Bros.