Melissa/MB: Good or Evil?

Discuss anything related to Metroid: Other M here!

Moderator: Moderators

metroidfan345

Gamma Metroid

Re: Melissa/MB: Good or Evil?

Postby metroidfan345 » 07.27.11 12:08pm

i dont think she was intended to be evil. i think it was just a plot builder
Battle For The Universe and The Elements of Power Coming Soon!!

Chozo Guardian

Zeta Metroid

Postby Chozo Guardian » 09.02.11 8:22pm

I think there is a possibility of MB being good. In fact, I have a fanfic idea that goes like this:

Melissa didn't die from getting shot at the end, she was just stunned and they locked her up somewhere so they could do all sorts of horrible experiments on her, she escapes, plans to destroy the Federation but is persuaded not to by none other than Sylux, who, as it turns out, was touched by and became friends with Samus in MPH. (Since there was no dialogue or anything in Hunters, z-_-' what really happened there concerning Samus and the other hunters is up to the fans.) She becomes an ordinary civilian under a fake name and gets a job working in a GF military facility. One of the soldiers there (18-20) eventually discovers that she is the hated MB. (Everyone including the public in general knows about MB thru the media, but of course they don't tell the whole story, only portraying her as a monster, nor that she is still alive.) Sickened and horrified and angry, he confronts her alone. (In a storage room or empty corridor or whatever.) She is attractive enough that she certainly turned a few heads, and that plus his anger takes him over the edge. After confronting her, he gets a fiesty retort which is the last straw. In a fit of rage, he violently rapes her. In a bizzare twist, she is aroused by his ravishing, and falls in love with him. Initially using her as an object to sate his anger and lust, he soon calms down and feels compassion for her, which turns to love. Now officially shacked up, they search for Madeline, who Melissa desired to live with, (and is married herself by this time) eventually finding her. They move in with her and live peacefully for a few months, until Samus comes to visit Madeline. Samus's reaction to her enemy's presence is kinda obvious, but is mollified after hearing her story, not to mention shocked and ecstatic at Sylux's role in it. With Samus's help, as well as the president, they assasinate all of the people responsible for the bottle ship and who planned to use the X as weapons and betrayed Samus, :fusion: as well as corrupt GF personnel from Sylux's past.
Image Image Image

LesserChozo

Postby LesserChozo » 09.02.11 9:53pm

I'm betting that if Melissa/MB returns in a new game, the GFeds will have dispensed with her body, probably transferring her hard drive, either digitally or physically, into another system. It seems likely that the GFeds would blame their failure on giving her a human form rather than treating her as a computer. Unfortunately, even though her body may be destroyed, her consciousness is very much intact.
Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

YamI

Metroid Queen

Postby YamI » 09.02.11 10:04pm

As to what the topic says, Melissa isn't meant to be Evil, it shows you in the cut-scene that she sparks after being Dragged away, and she turns evil. She does it to get back at the federation, and most generally, Humans.

Emperor Ing

Nightmare

Postby Emperor Ing » 09.02.11 10:11pm

It might be a nice way to flesh out MB's character if they more or less turn her into the next Mother Brain of the series.

Because fuck it I am still waiting for my fight with MB.
Hiroshi Mishima wrote:must be some sorta side effect of the hatchling or maybe she should stop going down on Miyamoto.

KingBroly

Ridley

Postby KingBroly » 09.02.11 10:32pm

InoFan1385 wrote:As to what the topic says, Melissa isn't meant to be Evil, it shows you in the cut-scene that she sparks after being Dragged away, and she turns evil. She does it to get back at the federation, and most generally, Humans.

Um...no. See...she starts being aggressive/assertive after she has her very big DAWWWWWW face with the Metroid clone. The 'straw that broke the camel's back' was Madeline refusing to help. (I mean...she was in charge, so wouldn't she have had some say over MB's termination?)

Interestingly enough, it's the same face and pose that we're shown Samus having at the end of Metroid II in Other M.
Even the strongest of people can have their faith broken. Mine has.

Toxsyl

Omega Metroid

Postby Toxsyl » 09.03.11 7:19am

SHe could also be the basis for the Ai you have in fusion.

KingBroly

Ridley

Postby KingBroly » 09.03.11 7:53am

Toxsyl wrote:SHe could also be the basis for the Ai you have in fusion.

And it seems somebody has come to this conclusion besides myself.

Chozo Guardian

Zeta Metroid

Postby Chozo Guardian » 09.03.11 6:42pm

What do you guys think of my idea? Melissa is such a hottie, I figured it would be interesting to pair her up with someone. :thumbsup:
Image Image Image

YamI

Metroid Queen

Postby YamI » 09.03.11 7:12pm

Chozo Guardian wrote:Melissa is such a hottie

Mmm......Kinda, for a genetically enhanced Android, in human shape, she is, I guess. <3

But just because so, doesn't mean you should forget about the MB in her. Evil, I tell ya, Evil. Even if you did make love with her, she's an android. PLUS, you'd be making love with Mother Brain too. I mean, who want's to make love to a giant monster Brain that has one eye that shoots bubble beams, and lasers and fucking Rainbows from hell?

RoyboyX

Zeta Metroid

Postby RoyboyX » 09.03.11 8:08pm

She'd probably rip your Richard off if you fed it to her.
THAT IS MAHOGANY

KingBroly

Ridley

Postby KingBroly » 09.03.11 9:11pm

RoyboyX wrote:She'd probably rip your Richard off if you fed it to her.

...A Richard?

MB + Anthony

Why?
[spoiler]Such a nice evil pairing[/spoiler]
>_>
-_-;

Toxsyl

Omega Metroid

Postby Toxsyl » 09.03.11 10:57pm

Melissa's part made sense but did feel like it fell short and could have been done better in the end. Also Melissa looks like Samus to me which would I guess explain the whole Mother Brain concept behind her better, and plus since Samus was the mother figure to the last Metroid it would make sense to make a female who looks like her the lead an army of Metroids cloned from the DNA of the Metroid Samus had feelings for and thought of Samus as it's mother. Then again I'm drunk tonight so I'm not sure what the fuck I'm talking about right now.

KingBroly

Ridley

Postby KingBroly » 09.04.11 1:23am

So I'll ask you: What made MB realize 'I'm Mother Brain and I'm taking over'?

Other M stops short of saying anything why I don't know.

LesserChozo

Postby LesserChozo » 09.04.11 7:00am

KingBroly wrote:So I'll ask you: What made MB realize 'I'm Mother Brain and I'm taking over'?

Other M stops short of saying anything why I don't know.

She didn't. She just got sick of following orders which were usually wrong, in her mind. And then they tried to kill her for it. You can't blame her for protecting herself.
Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

PreviousNext

Return to Metroid: Other M