Size of GFS Olympus?

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!

Moderator: Moderators

Chris

Metroid Queen

Re: Size of GFS Olympus?

Postby Chris » 06.09.11 4:51am

Thunderchin wrote:Besides, they aren't stationary. Ships do move through space, you know...

The Earth moves through space also.

Mushroom Hopper

Zeta Metroid

Postby Mushroom Hopper » 06.13.11 3:56am

Chris wrote:
Thunderchin wrote:Besides, they aren't stationary. Ships do move through space, you know...

The whole solar system does haha.

Dementis

Alpha Metroid

Postby Dementis » 06.13.11 10:30am

Mushroom Hopper wrote:
Chris wrote:

Space moves through space.

Hybrinoid

Egg

Postby Hybrinoid » 07.02.11 11:57am

Dementis wrote:
Mushroom Hopper wrote:
Chris wrote:

Space moves through space.

Space inside space...

Spaceception.

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 07.02.11 12:58pm

Whatever the fin is supposed to do, it always reminds me of the Nebulon-B frigate from Star Wars.

The Nebulon is way smaller than the Olympus, though, at around 300 meters. The Olympus is closer to the size of a small Star Destroyer, like the Victory-class. The famous Imperial-class is quite larger, at around 1.6 km long.

I still try to understand the fin. The most logical reason of something like that would be aerodynamics, but that makes no sense in a space ship.
Tianna wrote:Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Zeroº

Ridley

Postby Zeroº » 07.02.11 2:00pm

Communications array. It's always a communications array.
ImageImage
X-Ray Scope Acquired!

HYRUL3

SA-X

Postby HYRUL3 » 07.03.11 12:59am

Could it be where some awesome technology like a warp drive is or something? Not specifically a warp drive, just something cool.
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

Hunter_Class

Egg

Postby Hunter_Class » 09.22.11 6:45am

Thunderchin wrote:I also wonder who the captain of the Olympus is. The admiral is NEVER the captain of his flagship. That job befalls upon that ship's individual captain. The admiral is in command of ALL ships, as if they were one. (Which is why the admiral never goes down with his flagship. He's supposed to move his flag to another ship, while the captain goes down with his ship.) Who knows, maybe the Galactic Federation's command structure is different from the United Federation's command structure, which is different from the Galactic Republic's chain of command.

OK I went back and looked at MP3:C, it says Dane commands GFS Olympus, but now who captains it.

Log book: Olympus Class Battleship wrote:They are the flagships of the fleet they serve in, usually commanded by an officer of the flag rank

Information Terminal wrote:The first of its class, the GFS Olympus was launched 18 years ago from the federation ship yard Aliehs III. Aurora unit 242 has been on board since launch, the first AU to serve aboard a capital ship. Olympus is the flagship of the seventh fleet, her home port is Planet Norian, Admiral Caster Dane has commanded the vessel for the last five years.

Looking up the weapons, there are two weapon command posts on the bridge, one controls "Beam weapons", the other controls "Heavy weapons". There are also "Mk XIII twin hydra miniturrets, Unit has four rail turrets ready" dotted round the outside of the ship

YamI

Metroid Queen

Postby YamI » 09.22.11 2:53pm

Hunter_Class wrote:
Thunderchin wrote:I also wonder who the captain of the Olympus is. The admiral is NEVER the captain of his flagship. That job befalls upon that ship's individual captain. The admiral is in command of ALL ships, as if they were one. (Which is why the admiral never goes down with his flagship. He's supposed to move his flag to another ship, while the captain goes down with his ship.) Who knows, maybe the Galactic Federation's command structure is different from the United Federation's command structure, which is different from the Galactic Republic's chain of command.

OK I went back and looked at MP3:C, it says Dane commands GFS Olympus, but now who captains it.

Log book: Olympus Class Battleship wrote:They are the flagships of the fleet they serve in, usually commanded by an officer of the flag rank

Information Terminal wrote:The first of its class, the GFS Olympus was launched 18 years ago from the federation ship yard Aliehs III. Aurora unit 242 has been on board since launch, the first AU to serve aboard a capital ship. Olympus is the flagship of the seventh fleet, her home port is Planet Norian, Admiral Caster Dane has commanded the vessel for the last five years.

Looking up the weapons, there are two weapon command posts on the bridge, one controls "Beam weapons", the other controls "Heavy weapons". There are also "Mk XIII twin hydra miniturrets, Unit has four rail turrets ready" dotted round the outside of the ship

Never ever mess with the inside turrets, Once you hit Level 2, just stop, cause after Level 2, Level 3 is a one-hit K.O. Beam Laser.

I'm talking One Hit. I did it a bunch. XD

metroidlover64

Metroid

Postby metroidlover64 » 01.10.12 12:14am

The other ship looks shorter. G.F.S Olympus is maybe the size of 35 Titanic's in one :-? . I could be wrong :| .

DarkSammy313

Hatchling

Postby DarkSammy313 » 04.28.12 8:08pm

I'd say the G.F.S. Olympus is a mile or three fourths of a mile.
Phazon,you can run from it,but you can't hide from it.

Previous

Return to Metroid Prime