Nintendo 3DS

Man cannot live on Metroid alone. Talk up your other favorite games and consoles here!

Moderator: Moderators

HYRUL3

SA-X

Re: Nintendo 3DS

Postby HYRUL3 » 02.06.12 1:28am

The 3DS begins to pick up steam for me this month with Resident Evil, and Kid Icarus looks amazing. I really can't wait.

...and I still need to catch up on Super Mario Land 3D and Mario Kart 7...
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

Chris

Metroid Queen

Postby Chris » 02.06.12 4:06am

Infinity's End wrote:Chris, [spoiler]have you played any of the Special Levels yet? They are WAY more challenging than the normal ones. Unlockable after you've beaten the main game... it's a whole 'nother game![/spoiler]

Sounds cool, I'm 3 levels away from end of main game. Can't wait now :)

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 02.06.12 5:14am

For those who don't have any Nintendo Zone nearby and want to check out what it offers, it's simple to emulate one with your own wireless network. Just set the SSID to "attwifi" and remove any security settings. Of course, I'd suggest changing it back as soon as you're done.
Tianna wrote:Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Chris

Metroid Queen

Postby Chris » 02.09.12 8:19am

IE, you were right, these are much better. :)

Going to download that pushmo this week, keep forgetting about it.

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 02.09.12 9:14pm

Chris wrote:IE, you were right, these are much better. :)

Going to download that pushmo this week, keep forgetting about it.

Yep! But i have to admit i really can't stand those goddamned Evil Clone Mario/Evil Clone Luigi stages... those piss me off to no end. >_<X
And beware of Pushmo, it starts off EXTREMELY easy (almost TOO easy) - but then the last 3-4 sections of the game are EXTREMELY difficult. Still, it's a great pick-up-and-play game. I love passing the time trying to figure out puzzles.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! Over 3,100 unique artworks and still growing!

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 02.10.12 7:31am

Yeah, Pushmo is great for quick fun. Just try not to get too addicted... XD I still have a few bonus stages to finish, but I played so much last month I can barely look at the game...

In other news, this is what came to my mind when I thought about the Resident Evil Revelaitons typo yesterday:
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 9853_n.jpg
:P
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Chris

Metroid Queen

Postby Chris » 02.11.12 7:56am

They named it Pullblox here...

Seems really nice, even if tutorial map were about 20 maps too long.

okey

Metroid Queen

Postby okey » 02.22.12 9:55pm

I got Mighty Switch Force.

The trailer made it look like Megaman but actually it's a weird platformer/score attack/puzzle game. You switch between two sets of platforms with the A button. Imagine the disappearing block parts from Megaman only you control their timing, and sometimes the blocks do special stuff. Hard to explain. It's really fun so far but I got the feeling it's gonna be short.

They pull a fast one cause the trailer has a part where you jump in a big robot suit but in the actual game all it does is take you to the next level :|

This was the first 2d game I played on the 3ds. Sprites look really good in 3d.

The music fucking owns, it's all upbeat and catchy :) I don't know what's going on with these all small budget games suddenly having awesome soundtracks.

It's got a minor shout out to Super Metroid, but I'm not gonna tell you where (don't buy the game cause it has a super metroid reference though, seriously that's dumb).

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 02.23.12 2:59pm

okey wrote:It's got a minor shout out to Super Metroid, but I'm not gonna tell you where (don't buy the game cause it has a super metroid reference though, seriously that's dumb).

If you're referring to the death sequence, I highly doubt it's a reference to Super...Play Shantae, and she dies the same way.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! Over 3,100 unique artworks and still growing!

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 02.25.12 5:21pm

I want to share here that my article on 3DS vs. Vita was featured on IGN for blog of the week. Check it out!
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Remnants

Omega Metroid

Postby Remnants » 02.26.12 8:21pm

So, guys, what reasons can you give me for getting a 3DS?
In times of crisis, weakness cannot survive. But be very careful how you define strength.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security is a superstition. It does not exist in nature" - Hellen Keller

HYRUL3

SA-X

Postby HYRUL3 » 02.26.12 10:11pm

Remnants wrote:So, guys, what reasons can you give me for getting a 3DS?

1) It's only $20 more than a DSi anyway.

2) The graphics on it are fantastic for a handheld.

3) The exclusive games are fantastic. Ocarina of Time 3D, StarFox 64 3D, Resident Evil Revelations; those are what I have on mine right now. Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 are both out I just haven't been able to pick either up yet. Kid Icarus Uprising is out in 3 weeks, and then further out on the horizon are games like Luigi's Mansion 2, Monster Hunter Tri, etc.

4) Virtual Console. There are several fantastic games out and more will come.

5) Eventual, inevitable Metroid game.
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 02.27.12 4:36am

It's also considerably cheaper than a Vita and it seems you will have more to do with it for quite a while.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Chris

Metroid Queen

Postby Chris » 02.28.12 6:42am

Depends what games you like, simple as.

Remnants

Omega Metroid

Postby Remnants » 02.28.12 6:55am

Chris wrote:

Depends what games you like, simple as.

Hm, mostly single player for hand-helds. Genres include sci-fi, Action, Adventure, Horror... FPS, Strategy and Puzzle also work. If Fantasy or just taking place in some kind of past setting, I'd really like it if they go easy on medieval or other familiar past cultures; already had my fill of those. :/
In times of crisis, weakness cannot survive. But be very careful how you define strength.

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Security is a superstition. It does not exist in nature" - Hellen Keller

PreviousNext

Return to General Videogame Discussion