**SPOILER** MP3: Thoughts on the ending

Discuss anything related to Metroid Prime games here!

Moderator: Moderators

Hunters 2?

No way.
29%
Of course!
12%
We'll see.
59%

Total votes : 97

Naner

Dark Samus

Re: **SPOILER** MP3: Thoughts on the ending

Postby Naner » 08.26.11 2:54pm

OK, OK, enough of this. I will tell you who chased Samus after she left Elysia. It was me, OK? I just wanted her autograph so I could show my friends I met the savior of the galaxy. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find her again after she jumped into hyperspace.

Sorry for causing 9 pages of pointless discussion. I'll tell you guys next time I fly after Samus.
Tianna wrote:Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

YamI

Metroid Queen

Postby YamI » 08.26.11 4:02pm

Darth Naner wrote:OK, OK, enough of this. I will tell you who chased Samus after she left Elysia. It was me, OK? I just wanted her autograph so I could show my friends I met the savior of the galaxy. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find her again after she jumped into hyperspace.

Sorry for causing 9 pages of pointless discussion. I'll tell you guys next time I fly after Samus.

A Picture would be nice next time. Take your camera with you next time. :P

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 08.26.11 4:27pm

Oh, but I did take a picture!

... I know, I also expected her to be larger.
Tianna wrote:Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Toxsyl

Omega Metroid

Postby Toxsyl » 08.26.11 4:54pm

I really don't know what to say.

metroidlover64

Metroid

Postby metroidlover64 » 01.10.12 3:33pm

that is what I thought to.or it could be Dark Samus :dark: .maybe if they make a Metroid Prime 4 then we will find out.

wraithdarksamus

Egg

Location: Kraids stomach. Just didn't see that big mouth coming...

Postby wraithdarksamus » 04.11.12 5:03am

I think people have forgotton the wraith form of dark samus that kept absorbing the hunters after they were defeated. What if it never went back to dark samus and did not die with her on Phaaze? What if it took possesion of someones body (Sylux!!!) like dark did with the hunters, and has been tracking her in that ship??? I think considering the 100% cutscenes in the other games have been about her Corruption's will be too.

And there IS phazon left in the universe. When samus gives a thumbs up to admiral thingymabob and gives him a mission complete message her arm cannon is still in hypermode.

Varia

Gamma Metroid

Postby Varia » 04.11.12 2:04pm

Naner wrote:OK, OK, enough of this. I will tell you who chased Samus after she left Elysia. It was me, OK? I just wanted her autograph so I could show my friends I met the savior of the galaxy. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find her again after she jumped into hyperspace.

I'd totally put this in my signature but my Samus gifs tell me otherwise. :P

Back to topic,

wraithdarksamus wrote:I think people have forgotton the wraith form of dark samus that kept absorbing the hunters after they were defeated. What if it never went back to dark samus and did not die with her on Phaaze? What if it took possesion of someones body (Sylux!!!) like dark did with the hunters, and has been tracking her in that ship???

Your onto something, I'd really like to believe that is the case but (as far as I know) Phazon is totally, 100% eradicated from the Metroid Universe.

wraithdarksamus wrote:"And there IS phazon left in the universe..." "...during ending her arm cannon is still in hypermode." [edited quote for convenience]

I'd love Dark Samus to still be in the Prime games... but lets face it, I think the hypermode in her arm cannon was just a mess-up or laziness on Retro Studios behave. I doubt it was intentional because they showed a short cut-scene after she 'killed' Dark Samus with her suit being restored from all the phazon.

And if you wanna get that technical then 'Ohh Phazon HAS A BE ALIVE'--because they show it 'growing' in the staff credits as seen here. :cool:
ImageImageImageImage

ultraviolet

Metroid

Postby ultraviolet » 04.17.12 4:43am

I enjoyed the ending - I finished this before I knew when it took place, I thought it was the last one and because it was a trilogy I thought "this is it" you know? After each exposure to the phazon cores, she appeared a little less human and the scans saying "50% Corrupted, 60, 70 80 etc..." and her random attacks where she enters and stays in hyper-mode kept me thinking "oh god, she's going to die. SHE'S GOING TO DIE!!" When I saw her face and eyes reflected in the visor, it was the most disturbing thing I had ever seen, those lifeless eyes and blue veins showing through her face genuinely scared me.

So when Phazon appears to die, it was a sigh of relief, but I couldn't help but think "I REALLY don't think this is over..." There's a trend in these games that any victory is at best temporary - like the calm before the storm, or maybe that's just because the ending was huge and I'm over-thinking it 8B

Either way, I enjoyed the whole Phazon story - I tried playing Prime 2 with my nephew and he freaked out seeing the world twisted and broken and dark, and he wanted me to show him more - he was as hooked as I was. Dark Samus was brilliant - and to be honest, scarier in Prime 2 when she was incomplete and insane - that should have been Dark Samus in Prime 3 - she was unpredictable and hard to beat. Who else froze when they saw her in the dark sanctuary, slaughtering everything - helpless, staring through the glass? Bit off topic, sorry but a fourth one would be amazing!

I'm not sure about my feelings on Hunters, it's different but not bad or anything - a lot more to shock than to put you on edge. Things happen too quickly to be scared - apart from the ending(s) with Goriya...

wraithdarksamus

Egg

Postby wraithdarksamus » 04.17.12 10:40am

YOU LIKE DARK SAMUS!!!! You are my new best friend. Have a cookie- :cookie:

ultraviolet

Metroid

Postby ultraviolet » 04.18.12 12:43am

I do, I found her frightening because she was something that could never quite be explained - I mean, we all know how she came to be but there was always something off about her. Intelligent, insane, brutal and relentless - she was a lot like Samus in Fusion when you think about it: part metroid, part human. The Phazon was something that added mystery. We could never be certain that we'd ever beat her - I think that's why I can't quite believe Prime's over. I love the fear you can feel from these games and a lot of it came from just knowing she was close by - feeling like you were the one being hunted.

The SA-X was a heartless killing machine, a lot like the Terminator or something, Dark Samus was scary because we could never know what she was thinking - what was her real objective? Well, Phaaze was it obviously (or was it?). We didn't really see enough of her in Prime 3 I thought - her appearance was something that kept us on edge and all we had really was the beginning, the end and a few log entries. It didn't seem like enough you know?

I do love Dark Samus though, a lot see her as another SA-X, I never did :dark:

"You gotta share, you gotta care" - here's a cookie for you too! :cookie:

wraithdarksamus

Egg

Postby wraithdarksamus » 04.18.12 10:25am

[quote="ultraviolet"]it came from just knowing she was close by - feeling like you were the one being hunted.

Know we know what pirates feel like...

Oh and completely off topic, but this is something I've always wondered, Ridley was in the battle of Norion and was the pirate homeworlds core, so is he a commander in Dark Samus's space pirates or is he just dark samus's pet? Ridley as a pet sounds fun- Imagine dark samus riding him.
:dark:
:ridley:

ultraviolet

Metroid

Postby ultraviolet » 04.19.12 4:06am

It's hard to tell isn't it? Because Dark Samus brainwashed the Space Pirates and yet Ridley's only concern was to kill you on sight - that's the thing, because that's normal for him, you can't tell whose side he's on. Just not ours XD

It's a shame you never see Kraid, but it would be difficult because it can't move as quick as Ridley, he (or she, or it) just sits there and growls at you. Maybe a "Meta Kraid" or "Omega Kraid" would mutate to a point where it would be more of a threat.

I think if there were ever a remake of Metroid II, they could do anything with it as long as it stuck to the story because Prime was after the first but before the second (as I understand it) - so maybe they could bring back Kraid - who says it just has to sit there and growl?

A bit off topic myself there :)

What I keep thinking though is that when Phaaze died, all known Phazon from that planet died too, but wasn't it said that there is no way to know if there is more than one Phaaze out there? Also, in Prime 1 in the core, what was that Orange Phazon that was 86% more deadly than ordinary Phazon (if that's even what it was...) - can Phazon mutate itself, evolve and reshape of it's own will?

Becuase even with the Phazon Suit, it still burns in a very serious way o_O

We never see it again, even Phaaze had none of that, it's just one niggling thing I can't seem to let go. That there's something WORSE than Phazon out there and it could be anywhere. Imagine a Dark Samus or Meta/Omega Ridley powered by THAT stuff O_O

I love that about these games, that sometimes the answer is staring us in the face and we just can't see it - or we ignore it. A bit like that large dead creature in Sector 2 of Other M - I ignored that because even I thought it was impossible. How many other things have we all overlooked? Prime especially has those moments, and because it's left up to us to think, you appreciate it more - at least, that's what I think :D
Gigantic, overwhelmingly powerful, impossible to beat villain? I think everyone but Samus Aran would just run.

wraithdarksamus

Egg

Postby wraithdarksamus » 04.19.12 10:15am

To be honest I was disapointed when Kraid wasn't the leviathan guardian on the pirate homeworld. Instead we got Ridley for the sixteenbillionth time.

And its true, whatever form of ridley you get, he always wants to kill you, even if he's in a cute form :choogle:

And phaaze is meant to send out leviathans to bring about PHAAZE CLONES, so there is phazon. And the worlds we've seen are not proper clones:
Tallon IV: Leviathan captured in the cradle and the core got eaten by metroid prime anyway (which probably caused the red phazon).
Aether: probably destroyed when the dimension split in two and/or eaten by dark samus and/or emperor ing.
Bryyo: only impacted about a month ago, not much of a clone yet.
Elysia: same as Bryyo.
Pirate Homeworld: Pirates probably kept experimenting with phazon causing faster growth than bryyo/elycia, closest thing to phaaze. BECOMING A CLONE.

Whether the clones can send out leviathans I dont know, but considering a clone is a perfect replica, I think so. Phazon is out there still. And where there's phazon, there's dark samus, space pirates and the love of retro studios.

ultraviolet

Metroid

Postby ultraviolet » 04.19.12 1:38pm

That's so true. It would have been VERY unexpected if we were suddenly confronted with Kraid again. Although, maybe they're keeping that one up their sleeves when we all expect to see more Ridley. I'm finding that even though I understood why Samus freaked out when she saw him again on Other M a part of her must have been like "urrgh, again?!" I like Ridley but he has become the Daleks: just cannot see them getting rid of him. Frequency though, a little less of him in future games would make us appreciate him. In Other M though, it was almost MGS2 in that the Bottle Ship had become a recreaction of Zebes, like the Big Shell and Shadow Moses.

It's funny, when I first completed Prime 3 I could only think "And that is that" but over time I'm realising just how open it was left - I could care less about the Sylux thing (no offence to 'Hunters' fans), but there are so many little things, like the other red/orange Phazon, the possibility of Phaaze clones - the possiblitity that because Phazon can multiply, there could be an army of Dark Samus(es) slowly growing from the original. What if the ones we've seen on Prime 2 and 3 are not the same? That may be going a bit far, but still. There are so many possibilities. It's like the "Paranoid Keanu" meme: What if what we saw was not the original Phaaze, that what we saw was a clone that had nothing to do with Tallon IV or Aether. The one we know of was only traced to Bryyo, Elysia and one of the Pirate Homeworlds - as far as I know.

I think I'll get a drink, I'm making my brain hurt 8B

Basically, I just want Dark Samus back - she was brilliant in Prime 2. The broken and insane one was more unpredictable and more frightening. She could turn invisible, match your weapons and she would plow through anyone in her way leaving you the mystery to keep you hooked. I loved her in Prime 3 as well, but I felt a bit sad that we only saw her once or twice. It was a lot scarier when she appeared and laughed maniacally or you caught a glimpse of her from time to time.

"It's a lot scarier when there's no motive, Sid." - I know these are not primarily trying to be scary, but horror in Sci-Fi has limitless potential - enough said. :awesome:
Gigantic, overwhelmingly powerful, impossible to beat villain? I think everyone but Samus Aran would just run.

wraithdarksamus

Egg

Postby wraithdarksamus » 04.19.12 2:14pm

But I do love Ridley though, the way little birdy just stares at you as you walk away, finding its carcass with its back blasted open, :choogle: then the mystery creature pinning you down after ambushing you and almost stabbing you to death with its tail, :creature: then you find his carcass hanging on the wall, then you head through the door, and expecting to see its next stage, it turns out it was your arch nemesis all that time, that you killed yourself on Zebes in a bloody battle. :ridley: No wonder samus got affected by post-traumatic stress disorder for the first time since her parents died on K-2L, especially since ridley looks, at least I think so, much scarier. I'm alright with Ridley returning, as long as Nintendo makes ingenious ways for him to actually be in the story and not just a random leviathan guardian.

Lets also hope for a battle between dark samus and ridley if they return in the same game in the future, which would be immense. With Kraid in the background watching and eating popcorn. And growling a lot.

Oh and if that drink is milk then I think another cookie is in order :cookie:
Sanctuary Fortress=Best view from a suicide jump ever.

PreviousNext

Return to Metroid Prime