Wii U - The Next Nintendo Console

For discussion of any information on Nintendo's latest console, Metroid or otherwise!

Moderator: Moderators

Chris

Metroid Queen

Re: Wii U - The Next Nintendo Console (Wii 2)

Postby Chris » 01.27.12 7:51am

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/121/1217360p1.html

Finally, things are looking good for the Wii U. A proper online system.

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 01.27.12 8:03am

Yup. And there are rumors going about that they may change the system's name. That would really be nice.
Tianna wrote:Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

EmpReb

Gamma Metroid

EmpReb

Postby EmpReb » 01.27.12 8:41pm

And this is why I bought a $80 dollar 1TB external HDD with my gaming PC. So that I could use if for the Wii U. Thank goodness downloadable games are going to finally happen on CONSOLES. Stop bloody holding us back....
Satch wrote:I'm a chick
:-? O_O o_O x_x
I think, I am just as shocked as most people are when they find out Samus is girl.
Project538 wrote: :rmg: "Remembuh to smile, Princess!"

Zynux

Omega Metroid

Postby Zynux » 01.27.12 8:46pm

Chris wrote:http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/121/1217360p1.html

Finally, things are looking good for the Wii U. A proper online system.

Thank you Lord. I'm still waiting for an F-Zero GX-alike with at least 16 players online, a more intricate custom race-machines builder and a race-track builder. Make it happen Nintendo. The potential that was lost in F-Zero GX can be redeemed.

And changing the console name would be nice.

EDIT: Rumor: Retrostudios working on Wii U Starfox?

Some people may think this is a bit of a stretch, but the choice of words in the phrase "perhaps it’s time Retro pulled off a barrel roll of a different kind" seems unlikely to be a coincidence. What do you guys think? And my apologies if this has already been stated elsewhere here.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

ddddd

Gamma Metroid

Postby ddddd » 01.28.12 12:55pm

I dont think ONM would be given green light to leak such a project, sounds like wishful thinking mostly.

HYRUL3

SA-X

Postby HYRUL3 » 01.28.12 1:40pm

They were making a not-too-subtle-hint at what they want Retro to make. They've done things like this before. It's not even a rumor, it's wishful thinking on their part.
"I am tired of being under the weight of greedy men who don't believe in anything."

doc O. Mire

Omega Metroid

Postby doc O. Mire » 01.28.12 2:51pm

Actually that's from someone at Retro Studios, not ONM itself. So it's probably more than just a hint. I want to say it's a confirmation... but it isn't very clear. I guess we'll just have to wait until E3 (also, on the incredibly unlike chance someone from retro studios reads this: pilots tend to fare better while actually inside a vehicle ;))

Regardless of whether this is true or just a rumor, I'd like to see the return of several franchises to home consoles on the Wii U: Kid Icarus, the core Metroid series, F-Zero, Star Fox, Pikmin, etc.
"Writing is easy. You just stare at a blank page until your forehead starts to bleed." - Douglas Adams

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 01.28.12 6:13pm

I actually wouldn't mind if a Retro-made Star Fox game included on-foot missions. I'm sure they could handle that properly. But it would have to be properly balanced out with Arwing missions, of course.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

doc O. Mire

Omega Metroid

Re: Wii U - The Next Nintendo Console

Postby doc O. Mire » 04.27.12 5:57am

http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1223893p1.html
Apparently ubisoft leaked a rayman legends trailer revealing what special features it will have on the wii u, including making use of the touch screen and... actually, I'll let you just see the other part in the link above, suffice to say I foresee more Skylanders-like games in the future :awesome:
"Writing is easy. You just stare at a blank page until your forehead starts to bleed." - Douglas Adams

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 04.27.12 6:03am

I don't think I have been this excited from a non-Nintendo trailer in... ever. Thanks man, you made my day, which barely started and has already been pretty cool so far (with PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale and such). Those last three seconds... O_O

Anyway, Nintendo confirmed they won't announce Wii U's release price and date at E3. Guess we'll have to wait a bit more for those.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 05.20.12 7:21am

It seems the Wii U controller received a facelift since we last saw it and this should be the new model we'll see at E3:

I wasn't too annoyed by the circle pads on the original model, but it's certainly nice to see those sticks. And the new position of the + and - buttons is sure better.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

rondus18

MDB Staff - Programmer

Postby rondus18 » 05.20.12 11:14am

Yay, I wasn't a fan of the sliders. Also nice to see the buttons and D-pad are offset a little from the analog sticks now.

Apothem

Kraid

Postby Apothem » 05.20.12 12:00pm

Fantastic. Now my only concern regarding the tablet are the hand grips. Despite reports to the contrary from last year, the thing never looked particularly comfortable to hold.
Okey wrote:In the next game Samus will have clown make-up but it'll be ok because the clown make-up will double as thermal camouflage. It'll be practical.

VGMStudios

Kraid

Postby VGMStudios » 05.20.12 12:38pm

Need to remember this one may not be the final product. It was leaked by a developer so I could be just a developer model.
Looks bigger from what remember.

Vgm out...
Super Metroid, the most perfect game ever created! Period!

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 05.20.12 1:57pm

Apothem wrote:Fantastic. Now my only concern regarding the tablet are the hand grips. Despite reports to the contrary from last year, the thing never looked particularly comfortable to hold.
So many people said it was comfortable last year that I'm not worried about this. Also, unseen in this picture, this new model features a different grip on the back (you can see that on the patents here).
VGMStudios wrote:Need to remember this one may not be the final product. It was leaked by a developer so I could be just a developer model.
Looks bigger from what remember.
Due to the proximity to E3, it's very likely that this model is at least one step closer to the final one. And yeah, this model is a bit wider.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

PreviousNext

Return to WiiU Related Discussion