Weird dreams anyone?

Talk about anything regarding non-gaming related topics: films, books, music, pop culture, whatever!
Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Re: Weird dreams anyone?

Postby Meta Ridley » 06.29.15 11:03am

That sounds horrifying. Imagine seeing that thing while you're walking home at 12AM.

LesserChozo

Postby LesserChozo » 06.29.15 2:40pm

It actually wasn't that bad, just a little creepy. Aside from the whole triple-head thing it was kind of cute. :choogle:
Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

Remnants

Metroid Queen

Postby Remnants » 09.17.15 5:21pm

This was kinda trippy - and a bit like inception.

I dreamt that I was in my room and my head started feeling weird from the inside. I thought I was going to have a seizure so I got into bed to minimize the risk of hitting myself anywhere and I laid on my chest with my head to the side. I always thought that concentration could delay or prevent it from happening. I don't know if it actually works but it's worth a shot. Soon I only saw colors, a deep and bright blue and saw something that looked like a germinating seed but everything was made out of electricity/lightning. I even recall having strong, uncontrolled muscle spasms and I almost bit my tongue too (which I saw happen in third-person view). After the fact, I knew I felt weak, drowsy and just wanted to keep my eyes closed but I was conscious all the way through. Still I felt that strange feeling. Maybe a real one was going to hit me. Maybe I should seek help so that's what I did only to find myself in my bed again. Apparently that was all a dream. That fuzzy feeling persisted and I kept thinking to myself that I should get help. Went and do that only to find out I was just dreaming about it.

When I finally woke up for real, I recall when and why I got to bed in the first place and my mind was far more clear. I know I'm awake because in my dreams, my thoughts and the way I experience my environment through the senses aren't quite as detailed.

Luminoth Prime

Omega Metroid

Postby Luminoth Prime » 09.17.15 6:44pm

I dreamed that Chibi-Robo was in Smash 4, and I gave him a hug.
"Through vigilance and strength, we create peace."

crazyal02

Metroid

Postby crazyal02 » 11.27.15 3:11pm

I had a dream where a Metroid movie was actually released. Metroid Database did a review on in, but dismissed it as "just another generic Metroid movie about a biscuit".
Finally, the second coming of the prophet Biscuit has happened!
Elephants capable of conquering earth? Vampire monkeys and crocodiles that shoot lasers out of their eyes? I think you've just created the most awesome post in the history of forever.

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 12.02.15 5:15am

I had a pretty scary one. I was at my house with my dog and we were eating and then we heard noises. I looked around and heard something running around in the walls. I blamed it on the neighbors because they have rats. Then I saw something run by over some sort of chimey with a glass cover and it was some sort of spider looking creature. It was pretty big and for some reason I turned on the TV and saw people trying to run away while those spider things jumped on their heads, stabbed into it, and fused with their faces and sorta mutated them and took over their bodies. I forgot what I did after but I woke up. Assimilation is something I'm deathly afraid of. I think the dream might have come from the newer The Thing since one of the parasites fused to a guy's face.

omegalta

Mochtroid

Postby omegalta » 12.03.15 11:44pm

I dreamed I was SpongeBob, including the shaving my Texas friend to obtain her warm fur for the winter

Luminoth Prime

Omega Metroid

Postby Luminoth Prime » 01.13.16 8:56pm

I had a dream I was Batman with a Desert Eagle.

Help.
"Through vigilance and strength, we create peace."

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 01.23.16 12:53am

I had a really weird dream where this thread got sticked! :metroid:
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 01.23.16 4:31am

Do your dreams transcend reality, perhaps? Are you some sort of Dream God?
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Remnants

Metroid Queen

Postby Remnants » 10.16.16 10:30am

The previous two dreams were something.

The second previous, while I forget much of it, I had this strange problem where my teeth where crumbling and I had to repeatedly spit out this slurry of saliva and granulated teeth.

The one I had last night, I was on "another planet" with some people at what looks like some recreational area near a beach. The water looked green with the earth and sky both being yellow-ish. This "other planet" had severe tidal effects, causing massive waves to strike every now and again. I wanted to know more about this planet so I got to see an image of the globe and saw that it was mostly yellow with red, orange and green spots here and there. Some plants have this code like HD 20782 b and the one in this dream had one as well but I wanted a name.
Other things about this dream was how I got caught in the water from the tidal wave and managed to get onto shore before I got swept into a whirlpool.
After I woke up, the image of that "planet" stayed fresh in my mind and shortly after I remember that this "planet" looked exactly like Io, one of Jupiter's moons.

metroidsuperfan11

Gamma Metroid

Postby metroidsuperfan11 » 11.03.16 3:36pm

I was walking down the street on clouded coldish night I theorize it's a continuation of another dream but I can't say for certain anyway I'm minding my own business walking behind a building that could have either been a warehouse complex or a BJ's and there were 3 men who had M16's and were about to rob the place one of them even acknowledged me as we stared at each other for a few seconds ... they then went right back to dealing with the pad lock on the garage like door blocking their backside entry completely ok with the fact that I knew what they were doing. I proceeded on my way as well stared at the very large moon, looked away and then looked back again only to see a MASSIVE CUBE positioned on one of its points on a large block blocking the moon an alien ship then appeared out of nowhere and launched energy bombs then stops launching them at the hollow cube which just then starts falling apart weirdly (kind of like how twilight falls onto the ground in twilight princess) when it's done I see a magnificent sail ship only for dread and fear to take me over I then start yelling to the alien ship that I swear I won't tell anyone and that I'm sorry (I guess for accidentally stumbling upon this dream me is even dumber than real me sometimes). It then comes flying towards me shooting those energy bombs miraculously missing every single shot I then briefly turned lucid and some part of my mind made the ship go away. I don't remember anything interesting after that.

Note. I can turn lucid during a natural dream but I either can't stay lucid for very long or my emotions get so high during lucidity that it kicks me out of sleep and wakes me up, it also doesn't happen often.

snippet of another dream.

I put a few balls of dough on a pan, used a stove and from what I can assume was 3 to 5 minutes dream time they suddenly turned into biscuits ... my subconscious is a bad cook.

Return to “%s” General Discussions