How Old Is Everyone- 2015 Edition

Talk about anything regarding non-gaming related topics: films, books, music, pop culture, whatever!

How Old Are You?

10 or Under (and you shouldn't be here! Come back when you're older!)
No votes
11-15
8%
16-20
17%
21-25
25%
26-30
29%
31-35
13%
36-40
4%
41+
4%

Total votes : 24

Apothem

Re: How Old Is Everyone- 2015 Edition

Postby Apothem » 07.19.15 12:03pm

I'm really glad I wasn't in any official capacity with the site back then. His antics were easy to ignore as a member, but must've been a nightmare for staffers.

Khyron

Gamma Metroid

Postby Khyron » 08.11.15 4:11pm

KingBroly was the best.
I read some of the stuff he posted from days of old but I dare not bring it up for fear of heavily derailing topics and/or getting smacked by a senior member.

I know I'm young since I'm 19 but man, games really know how to make you feel old. I was 5 when I first played Halo. 5! I was but a small child. I also remember when Megaman Starforce 3 was first being revealed through trailers and then people were showing off stuff on the japanese copies back in early 2009. Any bit of info was so exciting. Where has the time gone?

I've always been a huge pinball fan and play whenever I can.
I had a Gundam Wing pinball machine in my room and oh my god it played loud music and made loud sounds and woke everyone up in the house. I am guilty of tilting... and thinking that sitting on it was a good idea.

Meta Ridley,

Shame on me for not seeing this sooner. Very cool! I grew up during the golden age of Williams pinball (Earthshaker, Funhouse, Whirlwind, Addams Family, Twilight Zone, etc.) and hope to one day own a pin myself. A buddy of mine (who owns the World Cup '94 pin) lives about 30 minutes from the Silver Ball Museum in Asbury Park, NJ. It's like Graceland for pinball junkies <3

Xandalf

Gamma Metroid

Postby Xandalf » 08.11.15 6:43pm

Well I already said it, but hi I'm four...

...teen. Either way I safely assume I'm the youngest member. >_> Ahck, that 10 and under button is so tempting...

DarkPhazonElite

Zeta Metroid

Postby DarkPhazonElite » 01.20.16 12:57am

Look what the cat dragged back in! It's a me, Rinoa! (I prefer Phaze, to be quite honest. Lol.)

I'm 28 now. I remember starting this topic a while back. XD Nice to see a fresh one!

I played the NES Metroid when I was 8 years old! I grew up in the SNES era. :D

l1ft0ff

Alpha Metroid

Postby l1ft0ff » 02.16.16 5:41pm

Naner, TheBlackCat, Tianna, Zeroº, Emperor Ing (although I have this itch that he'll pop up again in a month or two), MaiAreeSquee (did I spell that right?), Chozo Child... I'm sure there are many more. Sure enough, they seemed like regulars if not integral members to our community but, well, life happens and for some reason or another, they moved on. We don't know who will still be around posting here years from now. By then this thread will be a relic showing how old were the members of yore.

Just my two cents.
KingBroly was the best. I'm 28 now urgh, joined here few months after M:OM was released after lurking for some time.
yeah miss a lot of those too, but that tends to happen with small forums like this. I also remember a member by the name of "Schrau"as well as some member with sylux referenced in their name whose signature boasted that s/he was the reason why we can't change our own names (and damned proud of it apparently). Not sure if s/he abandoned the forum or name changed to someone we still know and talk with. There as another guy that took on the name of "agent fox mulder" I think. There was also a guy with 'yoda' somewhere in his handle, apparently known for walls of text and fell out of activity before my time with the forum. Made a brief reappearance to fanfare from some characters mentioned above. Oh and satch, who could forget satch. I wonder how many of those names have just undergone name changes that I'm unaware of...

I myself am 22 I think, found the site in february of '09 after either trying to look up some metroid wiki or investigating rumors of a new Prime game (that of course turned out to be false). Lurked from then on till about june when OM was revealed in E3 and I jumped in with the speculation train (I was the one to notice a charge meter on missiles in the trailer, leading the community to correctly surmise the existence and implementation of super missiles). Haven't much been around since then, on hiatus until today.

Damn we all sound like geezers reminiscing about old times, it's incredible how much faster cultural time ticks on the internet.
BLARG!

Was formerly Code Green

Terilem

Egg

Postby Terilem » 04.03.16 12:59am

Well, there's also that issue with members who are here now may not continue to be active in a couple of years. Naner, TheBlackCat, Tianna, Zeroº, Emperor Ing (although I have this itch that he'll pop up again in a month or two), MaiAreeSquee (did I spell that right?), Chozo Child... I'm sure there are many more. Sure enough, they seemed like regulars if not integral members to our community but, well, life happens and for some reason or another, they moved on. We don't know who will still be around posting here years from now. By then this thread will be a relic showing how old were the members of yore.
Case in point: I was a regular here from 1998 to 2003 or so and I recognise two of those names at most. Even then, I recall them being part of a relatively newer crowd that was coming in as my participation began to dwindle.

The fact that this place has been around long enough to see an entirely new generation of Metroid fans boggles my mind. Long gone are the days of hungering for any small shred of evidence that a Metroid 64 might be in the pipeline.

White Legend

Mochtroid

Lady Aran

Alpha Metroid

Postby Lady Aran » 04.12.16 12:30am

Anyone miss me? Probably not, but whatever, heh. Yep, the Lady is back from the dead. I gotta be honest, feels good to be among so many Metroid geeks like myself. You know, because you guys actually love the games and not Samus is "that tall blonde with the big knockers" LOL! She is more than that, damn it!

Anyway, shit. I'm going to be 30 this year. Kinda depressing. For some reason, I see myself becoming one of those lonely, old spinster ladies with like 50 cats pissing and crapping all over the house x_x

Proud Member of Team Adamus!
"When coming up with Adam's character design, I bet you Sakamoto looked at pictures of John Larroquette for reference..." - Me

Meta Ridley

Metroid Queen

Postby Meta Ridley » 04.12.16 2:25am

Anyone miss me? Probably not, but whatever, heh. Yep, the Lady is back from the dead. I gotta be honest, feels good to be among so many Metroid geeks like myself. You know, because you guys actually love the games and not Samus is "that tall blonde with the big knockers" LOL! She is more than that, damn it!

Anyway, shit. I'm going to be 30 this year. Kinda depressing. For some reason, I see myself becoming one of those lonely, old spinster ladies with like 50 cats pissing and crapping all over the house x_x
Don't worry, I missed you. I didn't know you existed before today but I missed you.

Don't feel depressed. You're only on year 30 of your about 100 year life. You've already seen and experienced so much. Now, you can see and experience your current lifetime's worth of stuff but, like, triple! Although, being a crazy cat lady is super funny. Do you already own cats? If so, it has already begun...

LesserChozo

Postby LesserChozo » 04.12.16 8:56am

Well, I'll be 35 in September this year. One more year, and I'll be in a new bracket on the poll.

I was lucky enough to be young during the NES era and experience the original Metroid when it was fresh and breaking conventions. And then Super Metroid blew everything out of the water. *sigh* Oh, the good ol' days. <3
Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

Return to “%s” General Discussions