Cool Videos (YouTube, etc.)

Talk about anything regarding non-gaming related topics: films, books, music, pop culture, whatever!
Zynux

Super Metroid

Re: Cool Videos (YouTube, etc.)

Postby Zynux » 01.21.17 8:40pm

Really makes you think what type of video game world we would be today if this project actually went off.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Big Guy

Metroid Queen

Postby Big Guy » 02.04.17 5:40pm

Just so you know, Digital Foundry did a 17 minute long video breaking down the visuals of Metroid Prime, and how they achieved such high graphical fidelity on a console.
Hello.

Khyron

Gamma Metroid

Postby Khyron » 02.05.17 12:02am

Just so you know, Digital Foundry did a 17 minute long video breaking down the visuals of Metroid Prime, and how they achieved such high graphical fidelity on a console.
Good find, Big Guy! 17 minutes well spent. :thumbsup:

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 02.05.17 5:19am

Yeah despite beng gamecube games Prime 1 & 2 still look great today. Out of all the 3D games I think they've aged one of the best
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Big Guy

Metroid Queen

Postby Big Guy » 02.05.17 10:52am

Something the video neglected to mention is that the game maintains such a solid framerate because anything behind Samus disappears, which is a technique that wasn't really used by its contemporaries like Halo. You can see this if you move the camera independently of the character model, whereas in Halo if you were to do the same thing you would be able to see the full loaded environment. The focus on smaller, more detailed areas helped as well.
Hello.

LordDirk

Gamma Metroid

Postby LordDirk » 03.03.17 12:31pm

Here are a couple of Game Grumps Animated's I did awhile back. Enjoy at your leisure!

Khyron

Gamma Metroid

Postby Khyron » 03.25.17 4:05am

Turn up the volume and enjoy the symphony that comes from this Ferrari's exhaust. I haven't found a video that these folks have made yet that I don't absolutely love.

Big Guy

Metroid Queen

Postby Big Guy » 03.31.17 2:28pm

Here are a couple of Game Grumps Animated's I did awhile back. Enjoy at your leisure!
Jesus Christ dude, I was expecting the standard blob animation that's rampant among Youtube animators but this is actual quality animation where things have a real sense of shape and consistency. I assume you're a professional, then?
Hello.

Big Guy

Metroid Queen

Postby Big Guy » 04.04.17 7:18pm

Sorry for the (4 day later) double-post, but I just remembered that I seriously hope everyone's been watching the new season of Samurai Jack
'
This season has been so good I can't believe it's airing in the current age of garbage cartoons, 13 years after the last season no less.
Hello.

LesserChozo

Postby LesserChozo » 05.02.17 8:35pm

I've always attested that Facebook is evil. If you needed any more convincing, watch these videos.

Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

Zynux

Super Metroid

Postby Zynux » 05.04.17 7:03am

I wonder if Twitter is starting to do some of this stuff too. They've been getting desperate as of late, and trying to employ all these filtering techniques on the site since it keeps bleeding money. Youtube is also trying hard to promote Youtube Red, as well as completely having to rechange how it does advertisments, and that site too has never made a profit.

Big Guy

Metroid Queen

Postby Big Guy » 05.04.17 12:49pm

Twitter has been known to throttle high profile users who say controversial things, something that baffles me since those kinds of posts increase the amount of people not only using the site (to see the "totally crazy thing [celebrity x] said) but also to see ads. As for youtube, it's been a constant money sink ever since Google bought it, making the billions the creators got for it even funnier.
Hello.

Khyron

Gamma Metroid

Postby Khyron » 07.23.17 1:42am

The Chozo statue playing keep away with Samus XD

LesserChozo

Postby LesserChozo » 09.22.17 1:25pm

#5 Super Metroid

I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised when SM tops a best-list, but it's always nice to see.
Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

Return to “%s” General Discussions