What was the last movie you watched?

Talk about anything regarding non-gaming related topics: films, books, music, pop culture, whatever!
Khyron

Gamma Metroid

Re: What was the last movie you watched?

Postby Khyron » 03.31.17 2:46pm

Since I know there are several Godzilla fans here, Starz Encore Action (Channel 343 on Dish Network) is having a Godzilla marathon starting early tomorrow morning. Godzilla: Final Wars, Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla, Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S, Godzilla 2000 & Godzilla Vs. Megaguirus. Which should I set the DVR to record?

Remnants

Metroid Queen

Postby Remnants » 08.30.17 9:14am

The recent Smurfs film. I'm really a sucker for LSD-inspired scenery >.>
Avoid if you're allergic to puns, though. -_-;

LesserChozo

Postby LesserChozo » 08.30.17 12:29pm

Was it any good? It actually looks like a genuine Smurf movie, as opposed to the previous "Smurfs in the city" fares.

Went to see Hitman's Bodyguard. Samuel L. "Mother Fu**in'" Jackson and Ryan "Dead Pool" Reynolds. 'Nuff said.
Beyond that, the story was pretty decent and had some good action. Made me think of Lethal Weapon with a few major twists.
Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

Remnants

Metroid Queen

Postby Remnants » 08.30.17 1:57pm

Was it any good? It actually looks like a genuine Smurf movie, as opposed to the previous "Smurfs in the city" fares.
It was OK. I found the light-heartedness and the colorful environments to be major pluses. The style seems pretty on-point and is what you'd expect from hearing about a "3D animated Smurfs movie". Gargamel's childish character is just cringy, the onslaught of puns can get really obvious and the plot is kinda predictable.

If you really like how the Smurfs look in this movie, like colorful fantasy scenery, can tolerate puns and can immerse yourself into the movie, you might find the movie to be light-hearted fun if that's what you're looking for.

janet.op

Alpha Metroid

Postby janet.op » 08.30.17 6:09pm

I've done it. I've finally watched Mean Girls. It was pretty funny.

Return to “%s” General Discussions