How was YOUR day today?

Talk about anything regarding non-gaming related topics: films, books, music, pop culture, whatever!
Zynux

Super Metroid

Re: How was YOUR day today?

Postby Zynux » 09.05.17 8:47pm

Irma.png
https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/905079868106440704
In the aftermath of Texas weather, watch out if you live in Florida or Puerto Rico.
"Cut! There are no second chances for actors that fall to the abyss. Await your second casting in the darkness forever." - The Night of Wallachia

Ridley prepping his body for Other M

Remnants

Metroid Queen

Postby Remnants » 09.06.17 6:54am

What's troubling is that Hurricane Irma got so powerful so quickly. Hurricane Harvey already did a lot of damage in TX and LA. FL is likely to get hit. The question is whether or not it'll go up north or go west into the Gulf of Mexico. The last thing TX and LA need is to be struck by another powerful hurricane... x_x

TheFemaleCharlie

Zeta Metroid

Postby TheFemaleCharlie » 09.18.17 9:36pm

Well, my Lancer is done in. The clutch gave out today and I made the decision to leave it be. I can't afford to keep fixing the car. We had a good run these last few years, and I am really happy with it for my first car. I was really sad to see it towed away. The good news is, my step dad is taking it, and maybe he will fix her up again and get her back on the road.

In the meantime, I'm the proud owner of a 2005 Ford Taurus with only 53000 miles on it. Hopefully, I'll be able to get just as much (or more) out of this car.
Behold! The field in which I grow my craps! Lay thine eyes upon it...and see that it is barren.

LesserChozo

Postby LesserChozo » 09.19.17 11:01am

That can be rough, changing of the cars. I've been through a few myself. I think the toughest so far was my first Corolla. That was the first which I felt was actually mine. Sadly, the underside corroded and I had to trade it in after 7 years. I kind of wish I had taken some pictures of it. On my third Corolla now. Not intentionally; just how it worked out. I'm hoping my next car will be a hybrid, though, or alternative fuel. Gasoline is on it's way out, as much as the oil industry is fighting it. It's unsustainable and an incredibly fragile industry, as is repeatedly seen through natural disasters, political crises, and international events year after year. One of America's addictions that's slowly killing this nation.

....but I digress. :/
Don't be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.

DarkPhazonElite

Zeta Metroid

Postby DarkPhazonElite » 09.27.17 3:21pm

Me again after like two years? XD

Things have gotten majorly busy lately. We moved back to Charlotte NC, and my husband's job has him travelling often. On Friday he'll be returning after being gone a month. All of my kids are in school now, even Abby, the one I was pregnant with while I was active here, is now 4.5 years old and in preschool. The other two are Kindergarten and 3rd grade.

Samus the kitty is still around, but her nickname is now "Fat Kitty". Ya know, cause she's fat. XD

And I've had my fair share of car trouble lately. Up until this past February, when we got our Cruze, we had this van that loves to overheat in traffic. Husband still uses it to commute to work, but that's it. I definitely like our new car, but it's pretty small for a family of five x_x

And I freaking LOVE Samus Returns!!

TheFemaleCharlie

Zeta Metroid

Postby TheFemaleCharlie » 10.16.17 10:38am

Winter has arrived in Texas and I am...less than thrilled about it. As soon as the weather turns cold, my hair get staticky and I get all the sinus congestion. It is the worst, although I should probably be grateful I've never gotten a full blown cold or the flu. It is nice to finally have the heat on in the house, and I do like pulling my fleece comforter out of the closet for my bed. But aside from that, I'm not a fan of winter.

In other news, we recently fired a coworker that I am also friends with... Well, I was friends with her. She has made it very clear she wants nothing else to do with me. If she's going to be that petty, good riddance. It's not my fault she got fired, that's on her for being lazy and making dumb mistakes.

I've also started seeing a therapist to see if I can better myself and become a better manager. I apparently can't actually talk with the therapist because I'm so defensive, so I journal now to give her an idea what I deal with. By the way, I was also recently promoted to Office Manager and I'm expected to complete training and fully step up in May.
Behold! The field in which I grow my craps! Lay thine eyes upon it...and see that it is barren.

SpareChange

Zeta Metroid

Postby SpareChange » 11.16.17 7:29am

After waking up at 5:20 AM I am doing ok today. I won't be hime until midnight though :(
Wii U S/N: SpareChnge

Return to “%s” General Discussions