THE FIRST POST (Welcome/Introductory Thread!)

Talk about anything regarding non-gaming related topics: films, books, music, pop culture, whatever!
CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

THE FIRST POST (Welcome/Introductory Thread!)

Postby CapCom » 05.04.07 8:42pm

I just wanted credit for the first REAL post.

At this point, the board is still under development. Still need to finalize emoticons, avatars, banners, style, and colors.

Carry on!

EDIT: Please use this as an introductory posting thread. Hello to all newcomers and veterans alike! --Infinity's End

Jesse D

Former Staff - Lead Engineer

Whoo!

Postby Jesse D » 05.04.07 9:26pm

Now we just need people.
-Jesse DImage

DFPercush

Egg

re

Postby DFPercush » 05.06.07 10:50am

Weeee! More fun with phpBB lol

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 05.06.07 12:21pm

Posting because i can.

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? :cry: :oops: :| :evil: :twisted: :roll: :!:
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 05.06.07 2:51pm

:P;) 8)

nameless

Hatchling

Nameless wuz here

Postby nameless » 05.06.07 7:27pm

Well, it appears I wasn't allowed to use IF*CKEDSAMUSARAN :shock:, so I still remain nameless! Just wanted to get my post in before the board goes official! Pretty soon I'll post a pic of my Second Life Samus Avatar!

P.S. You really need to make the "body" block more than one line!

-- nameless out

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 05.06.07 10:15pm

Fixed the one line block for typing in messages problem. I had to dig through a shitload of code to find it, though. The text box was set as a .gif, so the amount of text you entered could only be displayed in the width and height of the image. Thanks to Nameless for pointing that out!

Also, if the white text on black box for entering is too hard on the eyes, this can always get changed.

I also fixed the frowny-face and crying emoticons, so now they work properly.

Also, you now have to confirm your registration before you can start posting on the board as a deterence against spambots (not that they can't get through that stuff anyway, but every other board I've gone to does this).

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 05.07.07 7:29am

Sweetness, dude! When's the big "grand opening" gonna be?
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 05.07.07 9:06am

Hopefully this week. I think there's a couple more stickies that could be added, like 'stuff that needs fixing' and updates, but that's no big hurry.

TJ

Former Staff - Founder

Postby TJ » 05.07.07 11:30pm

Thanks very much to Cap and Infinity's End for all the work they've done getting this board up and running, like, instantly. I'm sure we'll still be tweaking things here and there but I like it so far!

DFPercush

Egg

smilies

Postby DFPercush » 05.08.07 10:38am

Lol, I love what you've done with the smilies. That color scheme turned out rather well too. Don't forget the website/AIM/ICQ icons and all that.

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 05.08.07 11:45am

I think there's another problem - the background graphics for the posts replicates itself over and over again. We hadn't had a post that long until Insomniac posted his fanfic (which I though I was supposed to put up on the MDb already). So yeah, it's pretty annoying and looks like I'm gonna have to find the code that prevents it from looping like that (which will probably take at least two hours before I find it/give up and just delete the background altogether).

Another thing that would be nice is if the text could be programmed to wrap at something shorter than the width of the page. For instance, if you have a high resolution and you have the page open the whole way, the text will stretch into long lines, making it more difficult to read.

Insomniac By Choice

Hatchling

Postby Insomniac By Choice » 05.08.07 8:34pm

CapCom wrote:I think there's another problem - the background graphics for the posts replicates itself over and over again. We hadn't had a post that long until Insomniac posted his fanfic (which I though I was supposed to put up on the MDb already). So yeah, it's pretty annoying and looks like I'm gonna have to find the code that prevents it from looping like that (which will probably take at least two hours before I find it/give up and just delete the background altogether).

Yeah, sorry, I didn't realize it wasn't "open to the public yet", as it were.

CapCom

MDB Staff - Director

Postby CapCom » 05.08.07 8:37pm

Honestly, I think the board is ready to be open. What little problems there are really aren't that big an issue. We'll only find the other problems with the board when more people start using it.
The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

"Until next time..."
Captain Commando

Kejardon

Metroid

Postby Kejardon » 05.08.07 11:35pm

Since this seems to be the general 'Hello' thread... Hello. :P
And back to lurking I go...

Return to “%s” General Discussions