Worst shows on TV

Talk about anything regarding non-gaming related topics: films, books, music, pop culture, whatever!
Warhead

Zeta Metroid

Worst shows on TV

Postby Warhead » 08.15.10 3:20pm

Title says all, folks. What's the worst thing to ever crawl onto the airwaves in your opinion?

For me, it has to be anything that has ever been shit out of the channel that could even make Ridley cringe in disgust, the goddamned Disney Channel. The only reason I'm subjected to it is that it's the only thing my sister even watches besides Nickelodeon, which hasn't had a god show on it since Avatar, and the only computer in the house right now that works is in close proxemity to the TV. It's practically the only thing she ever watches, which in turn makes me suffer as a result. Their shows make Full House look manly, and could make a diabetic go into glycemic shock. And when they try to show their horrid excuses for music (or anything for that matter), I always go to youtube, look up the Super Mario Galaxy soundtrack and/or other much better music, plug in the headphones, turn the volume all the way up, and drown out whatever-could-make-Cthluhu-cry-monstrosity they are airing now. That works best in fighting the wretched-brown-note-of a channel. This is a huge stain in Disney's track record that's just getting bigger and more destructive to the legacy of Walt Disney with every step the greedy execs take, and it really needs to be removed from the face of the Earth and put it on a place like Pluto (oh the irony), where it wouldn't be much of a threat to the psyche of billions of people across the planet.

Darkus Triforce

Zeta Metroid

Re: Worst shows on TV

Postby Darkus Triforce » 08.15.10 3:33pm

phineas and ferb is the only good show on disney. i barly turn on my tv anymore. :P
True dat. Goddamn walruses, stealing my pies...

Archaic

Alpha Metroid

Postby Archaic » 08.15.10 3:38pm

procedural cop shows, medical dramas, and reality tv

when you realize this is 99.9 percent of shows on tv, you begin to understand what an utter hell i am in.

i cling to warehouse 13 like a metroid clings to a space pirate
Record for shortest post ever?

Yutrzenika

Anonymous

Postby Yutrzenika » 08.15.10 3:49pm

I guess it all depends on what you like really.
I hate everything that comes out of the Family/Disney Channel.
And then I hate all these reality TV shows, especially Jersey Shore. Only douchebags want to see a bunch of dumb guidos with their overdone steroid muscles, fake spray-on tans, and retarded hair party.

Thardus

Alpha Metroid

Postby Thardus » 08.15.10 4:16pm

American Idol and spinoffs

Oprah, if only for the lies she's sold
Thank you infinitys End for the avvy
(I never put Infinity Ward here. You don't know what you're talking about)

Now, I just need to check my e-mail more often, so I notice these things

Outlaw

Anonymous

Postby Outlaw » 08.15.10 4:16pm

I don't really look at other shows. So I don't really have a, "worst shows" list. But I will post the shows I watch.

House
Bones
Monk
Frasier
Everybody Loves Raymond
Psyche
American Chopper
The Office
Mythbusters
Dirty Jobs

Azure Dragonius

Kraid

Postby Azure Dragonius » 08.15.10 4:24pm

I don't really look at other shows. So I don't really have a, "worst shows" list. But I will post the shows I watch.

Everybody Loves Raymond
Mythbusters
Dirty Jobs
These are win.
DEATH COMES RIDIN' ON A MIDNIGHT TRAIN

Labrynian Rebel

Metroid Queen

Postby Labrynian Rebel » 08.15.10 4:27pm

phineas and ferb is the only good show on disney. i barly turn on my tv anymore. :P
I LOATH the disney channel, and yes phineas and ferb is the only decent show on it. I don't watch it, but when my younger siblings have it on I don't cringe. I also hate reality shows, oprah, TLC (which my older sister watches nonstop) and pretty much everything.

And I only seem to use our TV for video games and the occasional movie.
Image "The world is changing and one does need to choose sides, and sometimes things change so fast that its hard to tell one side from the other."
--George Abbot

Azure Dragonius

Kraid

Postby Azure Dragonius » 08.15.10 5:38pm

I will post one of the only shows I watch.

Ghost Hunters (and all of its associated Ghost Hunters things, such as International and Academy)
DEATH COMES RIDIN' ON A MIDNIGHT TRAIN

Outlaw

Anonymous

Postby Outlaw » 08.15.10 5:41pm

Ghost Hunters (and all of its associated Ghost Hunters things, such as International and Academy)
Oh, I watch that too. Not often, I don't record it on DVR but if I don't have anything else to watch and that is on then I will watch it.

Pillbox

Metroid

Postby Pillbox » 08.15.10 7:47pm

The Real Housewives of DC/Orange County is some of the most horrendous shit I've ever seen. I've only been subjected to a few minutes of these useless trophy wives, but even that amount of time is enough to make me weep for the state of our species.
So basically Samus is a whore.

/thread

Outlaw

Anonymous

Postby Outlaw » 08.15.10 7:50pm

The Real Housewives of DC/Orange County is some of the most horrendous shit I've ever seen. I've only been subjected to a few minutes of these useless trophy wives, but even that amount of time is enough to make me weep for the state of our species.
Oh gosh I think those Housewife shows are horrible.

Yutrzenika

Anonymous

Postby Yutrzenika » 08.15.10 7:59pm

Y'know that show Wife Swap? That show is awful. I heard on the internet of one where some crazy lady was preparing the other family for 2012. How slow are people these days? People are blowing that retarded 2012 thing out of proportion.
So some Mayans didn't have space on their rock to finish a calendar, doesn't mean it's the end of the world.

Darkus Triforce

Zeta Metroid

Postby Darkus Triforce » 08.15.10 8:03pm

WORST SHOW OF ALL TIME!!!
THe Secret Life of the American Teenager.
Sex this, sex that, I want sex, I want sex but im chiristian, I want sex but I have a boy/girlfriend.

THAT IS ALL THE SHOW IS ABOUT!
True dat. Goddamn walruses, stealing my pies...

Yutrzenika

Anonymous

Postby Yutrzenika » 08.15.10 8:07pm

Never heard of it, but it sounds retarded.

Return to “%s” General Discussions