Hardest boss EVER in a video game?

Man cannot live on Metroid alone. Talk up your other favorite games and consoles here!
KandenPlz

Egg

Hardest boss EVER in a video game?

Postby KandenPlz » 08.13.09 4:01pm

Who's the hardest boss you ever had to fight?

IMO, the hardest is Dullahan (Golden Sun: The Lost Age). Imagine fighting a boss who can do some serious harm to your player characters. Now imagine having less than half of all your stats, including HP that can't be restored, losing most of your magic skills and the boss can easily kill your party in 1 turn. He can attack 3 times in 1 turn. Good luck.

Sub-zero

Metroid Queen

Re: Hardest boss EVER in a video game?

Postby Sub-zero » 08.13.09 4:53pm

Wow, I can't believe that there's no such thread already existing. :-?

Hardest boss, huh? For me it would Dracula from Castlevania 4, Belmont from Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow or that final boss from No More Heroes who's name I can't remember.
I probably couldn't beat the first two without save states.
I have yet to face the final bosses of Doom 3. (Guardian was easy)
I know how to spell GENIOUS nowbaremyarcticblast
Adam Malkovich authorises you to play your copy of Metroid Prime.

Steamlord

Super Metroid

Postby Steamlord » 08.13.09 6:39pm

Most NES games' final bosses. x_x
i like it when people sig me

Sub-zero

Metroid Queen

Postby Sub-zero » 08.13.09 7:47pm

If there weren't enough spammy posts by me, here's another one!

I just remembered how frustrated I was when trying to beat Ares in God of War. On God mode. And I mean the whole fight, from Pandora's box, to clones and to Faith sword.
A friend of mine, who really likes little boys and Devil May Cry says that the final boss in the 3rd installment on Dante Must Die mode is impossible.

sharonlover

MDB Staff - Social Media Editor

Postby sharonlover » 08.13.09 9:23pm

I believe there use to be a hardest boss thread but I couldn't find it either, so it's still valid :P

hardest boss fights, Lost Planet bosses. It took me close to an hour just to beat Green Eye
"Life is war, humans are the casualty"
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

Reconite

Metroid Queen

Postby Reconite » 08.14.09 6:03am

sharonlover wrote:I believe there use to be a hardest boss thread but I couldn't find it either, so it's still valid :P

Problems with the search function? No surprise... ;)

Anyway. For me, the hardest boss... hm... I would have to go for the mid-way boss in 'THE THING' video game.
Surprisingly, the last boss was a lot easier. It's just the boss half-way through the game took me like 20 tries. x_x

sharonlover

MDB Staff - Social Media Editor

Postby sharonlover » 08.14.09 6:56am

Reconite wrote:
sharonlover wrote:I believe there use to be a hardest boss thread but I couldn't find it either, so it's still valid :P

Problems with the search function? No surprise... ;)

no there was no problem with the search function. I don't use the search function, I manually go page by page looking for a thread when one is in question. So before you go making comments on something someone else says, you may wanna know the details first.

The Lost Planet bosses are indeed hard, at least those are my current hard battles. I'd have to say that in general, bosses usually aren't that hard to beat. They usually have a set pattern and once you learn them, they are easy kills. The hardest 'boss' for me to kill is an opponent in a war game. I love shooter ups, but real opponents are too unpredictable to find patterns.

Yeah I know they are not technically bosses, but there are some that should be.
"Life is war, humans are the casualty"
-Matthew L. Sharpe-

Infinity's End

MDB Staff - Designer

Postby Infinity's End » 08.14.09 7:19am

I had a REALLY tough time with Emperor Ing on hard mode. Don't know why, but it took me like 20 or so tries to get it right. Goddamn, was that frustrating. Dark Samus afterward was cake compared to the shit that EI puts you through. I doubt it'll be any easier in MPT. I think the challenge was mostly due to the turning speed of Samus. It can be really slow sometimes.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the Ruby & Emerald Weapons in FF7 were a definite bitch and a half to beat... if you didn't know the *EXACT* sequence of what to do then they're near-impossible.
ImageVisit our DA Gallery! A LOT of unique artworks and still growing!
A piece of concept art is not a legally binding contract.

ridley-x

Metroid

Postby ridley-x » 08.14.09 9:01pm

Physco Mantis (however you spell it)

This guy was incredibley hard the first time I fought him because not only was I freaked out on how he knew I played ssbm. It also took me awhile to figure out you have to switch out the control ports (because he dodges all your bullets if you dont)
Also I would like to add the fat pig thing you race at the end of diddy kong racing was annoying also.
Its all fun and games until she pulls out the whip 0_o -Logan jones

Steamlord

Super Metroid

Postby Steamlord » 08.14.09 9:09pm

ridley-x wrote:I freaked out on how he knew I played ssbm.

Really? I thought it was kind of obvious...

ridley-x

Metroid

Postby ridley-x » 08.14.09 10:32pm

Steamlord wrote:

Really? I thought it was kind of obvious...

well I was freaked out until it crossed my mind that he obviously read my memory card
Its all fun and games until she pulls out the whip 0_o -Logan jones

Sub-zero

Metroid Queen

Postby Sub-zero » 08.15.09 4:46am

Wait, you played... how?... Was Metal Gear Solid released for Gamecube? And if so, you must've meant to say SSBM instead of Brawl.

Scratch that Dracula boss off my list, I beat him SOTN with no problem. But I have a new boss to tell you about: Goblin from Ultimate Spider-man.
First, you gotta chase the f***er around NY. He leaps higher and further than Venom, which makes it ridiculously hard,
and when he stops he sometimes shoots 2 fireballs at you (with the second one being nearly impossible to dodge). Then he knocks down a billboard on some cars, so you have to rescue those people inside... WHILE HE'S STILL SHOOTING AT YOU! This is happens twice! After that you gotta fight him and he's using his cheap ass fireballs. In the second part of this fight you're inside some government building and now he's got AoE attacks (area effect).
You know what, just watch these videos if you're ready ingest bad lines from teen aged Peter Parker:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5QLssMg ... re=related (yes, I know that the second rescue part was cut out, couldn't find it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFlyotqg ... re=related

EDIT: Why don't you listen to this track while video's volume is down? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6PXXOL-PJo

Jais

Alpha Metroid

Postby Jais » 08.15.09 8:36am

Sub-zero wrote:Wait, you played... how?... Was Metal Gear Solid released for Gamecube? And if so, you must've meant to say SSBM instead of Brawl.

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes. It's a remake for the 'Cube.

Steamlord

Super Metroid

Postby Steamlord » 08.15.09 10:44am

Sub-zero wrote:And if so, you must've meant to say SSBM instead of Brawl.

Um...he did.

Quadraxis

Zeta Metroid

Postby Quadraxis » 08.17.09 11:42am

Cave Story: Ballos

This guy is fucking impossible.
Witch King: No man can slay me! Mine is an evil laugh!
Eowyn: Behold my vagina!
Witch King: * dies *

Return to “%s” General Videogame Discussion