NES-Style Metroid Dread Manual Pre-Sale!
Artist @SpotartStation (Twitter), the one who designed some of our stickers and pins, has created this awesome NES-Metroid-inspired instruction manual for your copy of Metroid Dread. The instruction manual is 65 pages long with 70 illustrations. A labor of love that took 6 months of hard work to complete.
Make sure you secure your copy when pre-orders go up today, Friday July 15th!!
Preorders go up Friday on:
For more details, check out his Twitter account:
Learn to Speak Chozo!
This course has been a long time coming. Thank you for your patience!
— Chozo Language Course (@ChozoCourse) May 20, 2022
You guys rock! Stellar work & dedication!
Confirmed: Metroid Dread Outsells every other Metroid Game. Metroid Prime 4 in 2022? Not Likely.
Metroid Dead reached 2.90 Million units sold according to Nintendo’s recently released financial report, making it the best-selling Metroid game in the franchise! Congrats to Nintendo, Mercury Steam and most importantly, to the fans, both old and new, for supporting the franchise! Let’s keep this momentum going!
Another interesting tidbit from the financial report is about Metroid Prime 4 with an expected (and not surprising) launch date of “TBA.” Considering that development was restarted in 2019 and staff-hirings have been ongoing, it is no big shocker that we are nowhere near an official release date.
Lets cross our fingers for some preview footage soon though!
Figma Announces Metroid Dread Samus Figure!
With the huge success that Metroid Dread has been for Nintendo, this figure was inevitable.
We’re pretty damn excited that it’ll soon be in our collections.
More Metroid merch & toys Nintendo! MORE! 😀
#WonHobby35 Figure Update!
Good Smile Company
figma Samus Aran: DREAD ver.
— GoodSmile_US (@GoodSmile_US) February 11, 2022
Samus & Joey Manga gets an Official [Japanese] eBook Release
The non-canon, Metroid-spinoff, manga, Samus & Joey, volumes 1-3 are now available in digital eBook format. They are still in Japanese-Only but they are also just a fraction of the price that the second hand market is asking for them. Also, with enough interest in these digital editions, the possibilities of a physical release for Samus & Joey EX (the final volume) increase. You can view a free sample of the eBook courtesy of Amazon Japan.
Samus & Joey’s illustrator and writer, Idzuki Kōji tweeted:
After 20 years, “Metroid Sam's & Joy”, a manga based on the Nintendo’s game Metroid, is finally back in e-book. If you're interested in “Metroid Dread”, released last year, you can see cool Samus.
Please have a look.#Metroid #SamusAran pic.twitter.com/KoMuaPnOJN
— 出月こーじ (@moonup777) January 30, 2022
The Metroid Database has all volumes of the manga translated to english and available to read for free.
Retro Studio’s is STILL recruiting for Metroid Prime 4
In a recent (8am this morning) tweet, Retro Studios posted:
— Retro Studios (@RetroStudios) January 27, 2022
So don’t hold your breath for a release of Metroid Prime 4 anytime soon.
It has been 3 years since Metroid Prime 4’s development under Bandai-Namco was scrapped and restarted with Retro Studios at the helm.
How do you feel about the recent developments?
Sequence Breaking Uncovers New Alternate Kraid Kill
Japanese fan yassu_yassu has found another quick way to defeat Kraid in Dread, by using the Flash Shift & Super Missiles during his second phase. Get straight to the nitty-gritty by checking out the video clip from his Twitter account below, or watch the full boss-battle from yassu_yassu ‘s YT channel here. Very cool stuff, can’t wait for more awesome secrets like this to be uncovered!
— ヤッス (@yassu_yassu) November 14, 2021
Metroid Dread Demo Available on the eShop!
This is a nice Halloween surprise! Sure, you already own it, but please, tell your friends, family, co-workers… EVERYONE with a Switch! They all need to play Metroid Dread! There’s no excuse now!
Wishing all of you a Spooky Halloween!
Time to amp up the dread for an early Halloween treat.
A demo for the critically acclaimed #MetroidDread releases now! Now everyone can try Samus’ latest adventure by downloading the demo on #NintendoSwitch #eShop!https://t.co/vzDIkbxo5z pic.twitter.com/vhRWhpDcRk
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) October 28, 2021
Metroid Dread Report Vol. 7: Secrets of the Chozo
The new Dread Report has dropped and it’s all about the Chozo species and their involvement in this new Chapter of Metroid. While brief, it definitely leaves us with more questions than answers. October 8th feels so far! Vol.7 of the Dread Report ends with a tease of the next volume, planet ZDR!
Read the Dread Report Here:
- Nintendo of America Version
- Nintendo of Japan Version (Can be Translated Automatically into English with Chrome)
Support this Metroid Dread themed LEGO Playset!
From the LEGO Ideas page:
Developed by Mercury Steam Entertainment, “Metroid Dread” is the upcoming 5th and final chapter in the (35 year-old!) genre-defining video game franchise “Metroid”, created by Nintendo.
- Includes a detailed minifigure of Samus Aran’s new Dread Power Suit. A wig hairpiece is also included to display her without her helmet.
- Includes a collectable Samus’ “Dread” Morph Ball.
- Includes a buildable E.M.M.I. figure with a high level of poseabilitty, featuring accurate articulation points.
- Use the additional LEGO bricks to customize the E.M.M.I. as any of the variants that will be seen in “Metroid Dread”: Damaged, white, green, yellow, etc.
- Use the introduced LEGO Metroid Modular Scenery System to create your own video game layout.
- Assorted Modules include an E.M.M.I. Zone door, 2 E.M.M.I. Zone platforms, A small Artaria rock platform, an interactive Arm Cannon terminal and 5 Spider Magnet cubes. Decorative side elements include 4 background pilars, 2 handrail sections and a background exhaust/ventilation fan.
- Only minifigures like Samus can step through the E.M.M.I. Zone door (This function has been tested with real LEGO elements).
- Add the trans-red elements to the sides of the E.M.M.I. Zone door to display it as “locked”.
- Use the new Spider Magnet (and the Clutch Power) ability to climb the trans-blue walls.
- Use the additional elements to upgrade Samus’ arm cannon as the Omega Blaster or the Omega Stream.
- Combine multiple copies of the set to build an even greater E.M.M.I. Zone.
Can you help Samus use the Speed Booster and the Shinespark so she can reach the final goal of 10,000 supporters in record time?
Support the project so they can achieve their newest mission accomplished at 100%
You can also check out L-DI-EGO’s Flickr acount for more HD images of this and other awesome LEGO projects of his.