Polygon article – Sakamoto Interview
11 new Dread screenshots
Metroid Dread: Nintendo Treehouse Gameplay
Metroid Dread Development History (Sakamoto interview)
Four Dread Screenshots
Taken from Metroid.nintendo.com.
Metroid Dread Announced
IT’S FINALLY HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!
METROID 5 IS REAL!
RELEASE DATE THIS. FUCKING. YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OCTOBER 8, 2021
[CHOZO STATUE ACQUIRED]
Today I have something very special to share with you! I recently commissioned an awesome 3D printer artist who goes by the name of Adrian Garcia (https://www.instagram.com/adrian_garcia_art/). He has created many other Metroid-inspired pieces, including this Chozo statue. Once I saw it I knew I had to have one for my own. Adrian was incredible to work with, updating me on all the progress along the way. He also “improved” his original design using special textured paint to give it that stone look and I couldn’t be more pleased with the results. Unfortunately the photos I took, while high res and sharp, really do not do justice to this piece. It really does have to be seen (and touched) to be truly appreciated. Here’s some more details on the statue, enjoy the pics and vid!
- Printed with PLA filament on an Ender 3 printer.
- Statue was made in 6 individual parts and assembled together.
- Each piece took 8 hours to print.
- Model was sculpted in Blender 3D.
- Details were added with acrylic paint, and then a final layer of stone textured paint on top.
- Dimensions are approx 7 x 4.5 x 6″
- Weight is 10.4oz / 296g