LEGO builder LDiEgo created this elaborate LEGO Metroid set and it gives us a glimpse at the possibilities of the new Nintendo & LEGO partnership. This Metroid set was submitted to LEGO ideas, which is a place where members of the LEGO community can create and share ideas and have LEGO community members support it. If the idea reaches 10,000 supporters it has a high probability of being produced, after expert review, as an official LEGO Ideas set. This Metroid set is currently at 873 supporters. Once it hits the 1,000 supporter milestone, it gets a 6 months extension to reach 5,000 and another 6 months after that, to reach its goal of 10k. With your help, this LEGO Metroid set has the possibility of being a real product!
From the LEGO Ideas page:
- Carry the jar with the Metroid in suspended animation inside the cargo hold.
- Move the Technic liftarm to drop Samus inside the gunship to restore health and ammo. Then withdraw the axle at the back to exit the gunship via the lower hatch.
- Remove the windscreen to access the cockpit.
- Flaps can be open to reveal some inner details.
- Modify the exposed intakes to conceal them.
- Includes two moveable stud shooters.
- Adjust the three bottom pads to land in any surface.
- Open the secret door to drop Samus as a Morph Ball.
- Includes a minifigure of Samus Aran’s iconic Power Suit.
Make sure you support this awesome project on the LEGO ideas page and help make it a reality!
You can also visit LDiEgo’s Flickr account for more HD photos of this awesome Metroid set.