Mewtwo

Discuss the Super Smash Bros. games, and coordinate matches with online Brawlers here!

Moderator: Moderators

RoyboyX

Zeta Metroid

Mewtwo

Postby RoyboyX » 08.17.11 4:08pm

This is a thread where you can bemoan Mewtwo's removal in Brawl.

You know, Mario, Link, Samus, etc., everyone in Smash Bros. has appeared in all three Smash games to date, and they're likely to be in the fourth. Now, if Mewtwo had been in the first (along with other cut characters Bowser, Peach, Meowth, Dedede and Pit), perhaps he might have been added after all in Brawl? He has a working model and sounds, including maybe even a Final Smash. If someone can make him a proper character and not just a Lucario replacement, then I would consider you god.
I don't run from challenges... they run from me.

Naner

Dark Samus

Re: Mewtwo

Postby Naner » 08.17.11 6:58pm

I think they shouldn't tamper with the Original Twelve. Even Jigglypuff is an important part of what Smash is today.

Mewtwo is the only character from Melee cut from Brawl that I'd like to see returning. Pichu, Young Link, Roy, Dr. Mario... Meh.

One other thing: I think we should have at least one playable character per Pokémon generation. Come on, it's not that hard to picture a playable version of Deoxys. I goes perfectly with Smash's B+Down = transform mechanic. I have most of it thought out:

When you press B+Down, you have a few instants to hold the analog stick in another direction, changing the resulting form: Up is speed, which is agile and fast, but doesn't deal much damage and flies easily, kinda like Sonic. Left is defense, which is slow and durable, without many powerful attacks. Right is attack, which is mid-speed and strong, but receives lots of damage. Down is normal, which is balanced. Leaving it neutral could go into a random form.

The B moves can easily be based on various Psychic Pokémon attacks. Its F-Smash could be a Hyper Beam similar to Lucario's, or something else entirely (maybe a form with the advantages of all of the others?).
Tianna wrote:Naner, you rock.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

RoyboyX

Zeta Metroid

Postby RoyboyX » 08.17.11 7:20pm

Mewtwo was the only non clone. I don't know why the fuck he wasn't in Brawl, they had no reason to cut him out. HE IS NOT A CLONE OF LUCARIO. It's just the B move.

Dr. Mario, Roy and Pichu could work if their movesets were changed. Young Link is basically Toon Link who needs to have his moves changed also.

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 08.17.11 7:40pm

I don't have anything particular against clones... I actually like being able to use different play styles with the same movesets. But some of them... Ganondorf, for example. What the hell does he have to do with Captain Falcon? He'd be better off as an Ike clone (though I would prefer him as an original character and have some F-Zero character as a heavy Falcon). And Pichu is so lame it's not even funny. He was only useful for saying things like "You suck so bad at this game I could beat you with Pichu." I don't see any need for Roy now that we have Ike. And Dr. Mario... I don't see how he could not be a clone. Falco and Wolf... Too much variety.

Luigi is a great example of a clone that evolved properly.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

RoyboyX

Zeta Metroid

Postby RoyboyX » 08.17.11 7:46pm

People say that Lucario or Ike were added for more recent people... why are the Ice Climbers still in Brawl?

YamI

Metroid Queen

Postby YamI » 08.17.11 8:57pm

Because they are the only ones from Nintendo's Game ICE CLIMBERS, does that makes any sense?

RoyboyX

Zeta Metroid

Postby RoyboyX » 08.17.11 9:28pm

...Not what I meant. They were old characters that could have been replaced by, say, Tom Nook. Mewtwo and Roy were both old Pokemon and Fire Emblem characters that were taken out of Brawl in favor of Lucario and Ike, who were both more recent characters in their respective franchises.

YamI

Metroid Queen

Postby YamI » 08.17.11 9:47pm

RoyboyX wrote:...Not what I meant. They were old characters that could have been replaced by, say, Tom Nook. Mewtwo and Roy were both old Pokemon and Fire Emblem characters that were taken out of Brawl in favor of Lucario and Ike, who were both more recent characters in their respective franchises.

True, Yes. But the Ice Climbers never had an updated game/character did they?

James Pierce

MDB Staff - Editor

Postby James Pierce » 08.17.11 9:59pm

Ice Climbers were added to represent the Famicom era as stated on the Melee dojo, they can't be replaced with someone from a later era.

YamI

Metroid Queen

Postby YamI » 08.17.11 10:02pm

Okay. But was there really even a later era in the Ice Climbers Edition?

RoyboyX

Zeta Metroid

Postby RoyboyX » 08.18.11 10:16am

Alright fine. Apparently, like all my other arguments, this one doesn't work. I'm a loser.

The Smash games limit each franchise to four people. In the next Smash, they could have Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo and Lucario.

James Pierce

MDB Staff - Editor

Postby James Pierce » 08.18.11 4:29pm

I believe the big problem that Mewtwo faces is being a humanoid shaped Pokemon. As other gens come out, he's going to be replaced by other Pokemon like Lucario and probably Zoroak in the next game. I think the best chance Mewtwo has of returning is if the Mario franchise can expand beyond the four character limit.

YamI

Metroid Queen

Postby YamI » 08.18.11 4:43pm

James Pierce wrote:I believe the big problem that Mewtwo faces is being a humanoid shaped Pokemon. As other gens come out, he's going to be replaced by other Pokemon like Lucario and probably Zoroak in the next game. I think the best chance Mewtwo has of returning is if the Mario franchise can expand beyond the four character limit.

Wouldn't that mean you could add say, 12 more people, perhaps, in the next one? I'd like to see Admiral Dane in the next one, XD, Or even one of the other hunters?

RoyboyX

Zeta Metroid

Postby RoyboyX » 08.18.11 5:59pm

Well, Zelda technically does have more than four characters.

Naner

Dark Samus

Postby Naner » 08.18.11 8:39pm

There is no characters-per-franchise limit in Smash. Melee had five Mario characters, remember? Zelda, in both Melee and Brawl[/i], had four, but one of them has a split personality. Pokémon has six, since Pokémon Trainer is actually three different characters. And everyone from Donkey Kong, Yoshi or Wario is still technically a sub-franchise of Mario.

I think it's highly unlikely that no franchise will go over four characters in the next game, considering the roster will probably be well over fifty characters.
My Facebook
Shinesparkers

Next

Return to Super Smash Bros.